xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First, in order for something to be a standard, it has to be widely accepted.  If 90% of people are not using your "defined" standard then you cannot claim to be a standard. 

Wrong.

It has to be widely accepted by professionals which can understand what this standard is, and what advantages it has.

And here, internet standards is accepted by 100% of internet actors.

If you like example, I'll give you one.

Imagine one standard for fire security which is to have 3 emergency exits by floor.

If 90% of buildings in the world only has 2 emergency exits, will you still stupidly claim "No?, the standard is 2 exits, not 3 as profesionnals decided" ?

IE is NOT DEAD because it still controls the market.

The death of a product has nothing to do with its market.

You should stop thinking in economic terms when we're talking about technology...

All web profesionnals told it : IE is dead. You can't change it (only M$ can)

Wrong.It has to be widely accepted by professionals which can understand what this standard is, and what advantages it has.

Sorry, but practices only accepted by professionals does not make something a standard. Please stop saying this. Why do you insist on placing so much weight on a "professional" opinion? Why is it so hard to understand that a default standard is what is widely used? I'll give you another example. Sony came out with a video casette recorder (BETA). You know what BETA is right? Then along came the competition who produced VHS. VHS was an inferior product and ALL professionals used BETA (they still do TODAY). Why don't they sell BETA machines at Best Buy or circuit city? Because it is not widely accepted and is NOT THE STANDARD.

If you like example, I'll give you one.Imagine one standard for fire security which is to have 3 emergency exits by floor.
If 90% of buildings in the world only has 2 emergency exits, will you still stupidly claim "No˛, the standard is 2 exits, not 3 as profesionnals decided" ?

YES. Professionals can only SUGGEST standards. It is up to the masses to ADOPT them. Once the a SUGGESTED standard is widely used and ADOPTED, then and ONLY then will it become a standard.

You use an example of fire exits, funny... I have worked with building codes and fire safety. Even in safety issues, the standard does not neccessarily include the "best" and "ideal" alternative. Yes, 3 fire exits are better than 2... BUT, what about windows? They are considered fire exits as well but are not as good as doors. So, you have an inferior solution (window vs door) BUT it gets the job done. A builder already has to put windows into a house... now he doesn't have to put extra doors in to meet the fire code... Do you think he is going to put one in because "professionals" say its better?

Again, I've worked with standards for many years. A standard is actually very rarely the "best" or "highest quality" solution. It is most often MINIMUM requirements. And a minimum requirement allows you to "get it done". Please think about this.

The death of a product has nothing to do with its market.You should stop thinking in economic terms when we're talking about technology...

All web profesionnals told it : IE is dead. You can't change it (only M$ can)

Are you joking? The death of a product has nothing to do with the market? LOL. The market is the main thing that dictates the life cycle of a product, not professionals.

Stop thinking economic terms? As I've said before (like 3-4 times now). THIS IS AN ALTERNATE VIEW. Why can't you see this? I've already said before, technically speaking, IE is inferior to other products! In this respect, YES it is either dead or dying unless MS is going to improve it. BUT it won't go away if the masses continue to use it. In this respect, it is very much ALIVE.

This is getting out of hand. I feel obligated to defend my point but, I feel no one understands. I'm just going to stop replying to posts regarding IE in general.

Sorry, but practices only accepted by professionals does not make something a standard.

Not accepted but decided.

Do you understand the difference ?

Why do you insist on placing so much weight on a "professional" opinion?

Because it's in the definition of standards.

How could someone who doesn't understand anything in a field define a standard ?

I'll give you another example.  Sony came out with a video casette recorder (BETA).

You can stop here : that was not a standard. So all your example is useless

Professionals can only SUGGEST standards.

No ! They write them.

Even in safety issues, the standard does not neccessarily include the "best" and "ideal" alternative.

In safety, something respect the standard or not. There is no alternative.

If youre plan isn't standard-compliant, the city will reject it for its public building.

It's just simple as it.

You seems to still don't understand what a standard is.

The death of a product has nothing to do with the market?

It's never late to understand this....

I would suggest moving this topic to a more suitable place if you want to discuss it further. Clearly, there are people here who do not understand how the marketplace works when it comes to product life cycles and setting standards.Again, please create a new topic if you want to continue this further. I will gladly explain to you why you are wrong.

You simply said before that push marketing is not really used in Europe. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh i had not said that!!

You'd be surprised how much it's used.

i would not be couse i see it all the time but comparing to what i had seen in the states its "nothing". And to cleat thing us ->nothing used in the last sentence doesnt mean "0". As the European coustorem is more into quality and simple trust for the trade mark using pure "push marketing "(in theory) could result in making clients to omit the product itself. Thus companies thinking bout succeeding on this market has to use push marketing along with quality and a respected trade mark(as a matter of fact "puch..." sould be listed as last here). Thats why most american companies never filed revenous in europe(those using push marketing ad the major weapon).

so to top thing up.

Push marketing has to be used nowadays couse the range of products is kinda fulfilled but the demand is still not > Need for it though varies with the region

take care

firefox just meets my needs so much better than IE not to mention faster and it doesn't close of an internal error every 5 minutes..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats completley right. IE has too many security exploits. I just want a browser that is secure and can get past Education Queensland's site blocking system! Firefox can do that for me so i use it. Dont get me wrong though, i still use IE most of the time.

Why do you people even go to sites that don't allow for simple navigation. Like I use IE and I have never had a problem getting or viewing any site.

Why do you people even go to sites that don't allow for simple navigation. Like I use IE and I have never had a problem getting or viewing any site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simply because IE has security flaws that allow many things that im sure you wouldnt like ie. Installing programs without your knoweledge etc. etc.

I have never had IE install something I didn't ask it to. I always keep my computer in check and always have every software thing told to me before it is dled. I usually will delete it completely and clean up my comp every couple of days for spyware and virus'.But I am going to try out Firefox and see what that is like.

I would suggest moving this topic to a more suitable place if you want to discuss it further.

Why ? We're talking about browsers, in the software board. That's the most suitable place...If you still don't understand something, ask it here and we'll explain you...

I usually will delete it completely and clean up my comp every couple of days for spyware and virus'.

Well, some people don't want to format every couple of days, that's why they use a secure browser, like Firefox 1.0 which just have been released.
All experts recommand it...

Why ? We're talking about browsers, in the software board. That's the most suitable place...If you still don't understand something, ask it here and we'll explain you...

In case you didn't know, this discussion has gone way beyond browsers. Maybe you didn't read my posts... maybe that's why you are having difficulty understanding. In addition, I gather that your first language is not english from some of the responses. So, I forgive you for not understanding. In light of this, I highly doubt you are capable of explaining anything to me. Thanks anyway.

In case you didn't know, this discussion has gone way beyond browsers.

In case you didn't noticed, I've only discussed about browsers.

Maybe you should read my posts...

If you want to write off topic, open a new thread.

But this one is about browsers, I've answered you about browsers, and we've seen that you've got many gaps in this domain (particulary about standards...).

So if you really think I've talked about something else than browsers, that could explain why you posted so many nonsenses