xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the standard...

a standard is set by quality not quantity

There are many products in the world that are not the best and may even be crap but sell very well.

U couldnt be more true

but is this good?

and im happy u brought this as an example couse it covers the IE issue perfectly

You simply have to sell it using different strategies.

tell me more bout it :)

im studying economics :D

Cause Bill Gates is a smart business man.

and a very smart man who has my respect (really he does)

So why is IE still dominating?  ..... The reason is because the masses don't really care...

some part of it cares but since MS marketing strategy was to get PPL used to their way of clicking so they are not eager to switch the reason is indeed here

Me.  You assume I don't know anything about "the binary world" because I use IE? This is both ignorant and arrogant.

read into the question once more and you will find that its purpose is to show the global statistic(and nothing is 100% in this world :D) not to offend anyone (if you feel that way then i deeply apologize)

*What percentage of the market does professionals make up?  They are insignificant compared to the masses.  This is the BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE... 

yet again -> quality above quantity not the other way around

Again, you are missing the point.  I told you in the previous post already.  Listen (or read) carefully, I am not arguing that IE is technically superior to any other product!  Besides, being a "standard" user they don't quite care (or maybe do not know how) to go out and look for another browser and install it.

I DID MISS YOUR POINT, sorry -> i felt like you referring to IE capabilities as the reason for its supremacy

Finally, I don't understand what you mean by "global"

look for the line with a "*" for the explanation

What is the point of this? To tell me how many people target Microsoft?

no ->simply to show ppl what is what ->to be honest (the antonym of marketing B))

simply because nobody cares about them so they don't even bother trying to find the security holes in the alternatives.  But, trust me, they are there.

hehehe -> pure propaganda-> holes are everywhere in every piece of code on this planet, even in cheese:P but to say that nobody cares to resolved them is pure ignorace from your side but fits to IEs marketing (as said before). Open source apps becouse their OPEN source are easier to fix , having 1000 ppl looking at a problem from the inside is better to have one or ten.even if they are most talented .

and an another thing. Ie was build regardless of the prossible holes and was supposed to be "fixed" with patches and *BLEEP*. Mozilla and similar projects are build not to have then in the first place. ->thats the difference

I've had ONE browser hijack/spyware incident which took me a whole 2 mins to clean.  I have had ZERO viruses.  And I use Internet Explorer AND Outlook...  Go figure...

so you are the 1% of the general ie users population

good for You

Man, these posts are too long.  I am gonna stop.

you are right B)

I've grown beyond my old views and become more open minded.

yes open minded for one product ->it seems i dont have a proper description of"open minded" in my head B)

---------

so all in all you seem to acknowledge the fact the IE is behind some browsers form the quality point of view ? right?

they the reason for this topic should be clear -> show pll what is what

you seem to realize what drives the market(supply and demand) so U should also know that monopoly is not legal for some reasons ->i recommend begg's macro/micro economy books for the deeper look into this

i dont see how i could use anything other than firefox. i love the extensions it has, all the features, and stuff i really dont care about like security and such.

Out of the few browsers in the poll, I'd choose firefox because it's what I'm using right now. The many extenstions for firefox make it customizable and the tabs make it so little windows don't take up space in the taskbar.

you seem to realize what drives the market(supply and demand) so U should also know that monopoly is not legal for some reasons ->i recommend begg's macro/micro economy  books for the deeper look into this

I am not going to comment anymore on this browser topic (the post is too damn long). But if you want to know about economics and marketing. Feel free to ask and I'll see if I remember... Just so you know, without going into details, I have a technical and business background. So, I'm not just making this stuff up.

You asked about selling strategies. Well, this is more marketing rather than economics. The most common way is to compete on price. If one cannot compete on price, then you have to look for niche markets and highly target your product to specific market segments. These are the people who will pay extra for certain features that other low cost "general" products do not offer.

There is also a thing called push and pull marketing. Push marketing (proactive) is when you have a product that customers don't necessarily want/need (or may not even know about) but you manage to create demand for it by "pushing" your product into the market. This usually works for products that are totally new and usually happens in high tech. The pull strategy is waiting for customers to ask for the product (reactive).

The most common way is to compete on price.

and the quatily ->the best here would be a good ratio between both

There is also a thing called push and pull marketing

well , economics strategies vary from place to place. Push marketing is tipical for anglo-americal capitalizims as they base on quantity not quality. Here(in europe) push marketing is not so fameous couse sustomers are a bit more into the product and not their rapper, unfortunetally there are some ppl that seem to like this to change, hopefuly i will not happen.
it funnt that tou mentions that couse i had a lecture on precisaly this topic last week , but i never thought it would come in handy so i sleap thru the half of it :)

firefox here I just love " about:config" (dont use unless you know what you are doing) :) The thing with IE is that it lacks good png support and is ' insecure', the reason of the insecurity is not that IE is most used or whatever people come up with but mostly because of activeX. If you turn activeX down in your settings IE is much more secure.

The most common way is to compete on price.

and the quatily ->the best here would be a good ratio between both

There are actually 3 primary needs of the customer for any product.
(1) Price
(2) Quality
(3) Delivery
There is also a 4th one depending on the product and company
(4) Service/Support

Obviously, every company operates on a combination of those factors. But, usually the companies that target the general masses focus on price. Examples, Walmart, McDonalds. And those companies tend to be big companies because their customer base is so big.

well , economics strategies vary from place to place. Push marketing is tipical for anglo-americal capitalizims as they base on quantity not quality. Here(in europe) push marketing is not so fameous couse sustomers are a bit more into the product and not their rapper, unfortunetally there are some ppl that seem to like this to change, hopefuly i will not happen.

You keep focusing on quantity and quality, this makes no difference on push or pull marketing strategy. You can push a product that is good quality or bad quality. Push marketing is not specific to "certain regions". In fact, push marketing, if done well, makes customers believe they are not being sold to at all.
For example, the famous Apple iPod. Before the iPod, no one ever thought about a music player that used a hard drive to store their ENTIRE CD collection. This is a totally new product that created a need in the market. Apple "pushed" this product into the market by creating a need that people now realize they have. The iPod is a quality product but cost a lot of money, yet EVERYONE is buying it.

When you talk about "rapper", I am assuming you are talking about hype. I highly doubt that this is not used and accepted in Europe. Maybe you just don't realize it. Hype marketing is used EVERYWHERE, I guarentee it. It comes in different forms which you may or may not see. For example, BUZZ marketing is something VERY DISCREET.

Buzz marketing is a word of mouth type of marketing to generate "hype". For example, a shoe company gives a highschool ball player a free pair of shoes because he was "mvp" of some tournament. This ball player is very popular in school (since he is mvp and a jock). He is told no one else has a pair of shoes like this and you cannot buy them. He will wear it all the time and show it off. All his friends will see, and his friend's friends will also hear about this. This kind of marketing works extremely well because a friend is marketing the product to you and both you and your friend don't even know it.

Mozilla Firefox 1.0, bulit in pop up blocker(that works!) download manager, and my favourite, tabbed browsing, it has tabs on the top (like some system folders in windows eg. porperties on desktop) and u can have as many windows open in there instead of having tons in explorer, all in one window and easy to use i reccomend it to anyone

Push marketing is not specific to "certain regions".

as a matter of fact it ispush marketing it used by companies focused more on short term revenous then the trade mark and this is the specification of ango-american capitalizm :).Europiean capitalizm is based on loag term thing so if a company wants to use puch marketing it has to be backed up by other factors so it besomes a slight-push marketing :D. HAve been to both the diffrence is easy to spot

dont have time to answer the rest
gatta go
take care

as a matter of fact it ispush marketing it used by companies focused more on short term revenous then the trade mark and this is the specification of ango-american capitalizm :).Europiean capitalizm is based on loag term thing so if a company wants to use puch marketing it has to be backed up by other factors so it besomes a slight-push marketing :D. HAve been to both the diffrence is easy to spot

You simply said before that push marketing is not really used in Europe. And I'm just saying it IS. In fact, you say so yourself. You'd be surprised how much it's used. I never went into the discussion of HOW they do it. That's the difference you are talking about. The HOW part.

So, in fact, my statement is true. Push marketing is not specific to certain regions. Just the way it is done can be specific to certain regions.

no9t9 : BoSZ allready explained it : standard has nothing to do whith how many people implement them.

You're just using the wrong word...

And IE is really dead, because its developers stoped implementing technologies released more than 6 years ago.

Do you realise what 6 years is ?

The web is less than 15 years old !

6 years ago, web was in the Middle Ages...

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/friends/

no9t9 : BoSZ allready explained it : standard has nothing to do whith how many people implement them.

You're just using the wrong word...

And IE is really dead, because its developers stoped implementing technologies released more than 6 years ago.

Do you realise what 6 years is ?

The web is less than 15 years old !

6 years ago, web was in the Middle Ages...

First, in order for something to be a standard, it has to be widely accepted. If 90% of people are not using your "defined" standard then you cannot claim to be a standard. Since 90% of the market uses IE, it becomes the "standard" by default. It doesn't matter which standard is better. The "standard" is what has been adopted and what is widely used.

Look at it this way, if you have a fax machine that sends faxes using the "best" or "defined" standard but everyone else uses a fax machine which is "non-standard", who are you going to send the fax to? How can you be the standard if you are the only one?

If you don't understand this, then there is no point continuing. I have worked with "standards" for a long time and just defining them is not enough. In order to BECOME the standard, it must be widely used. This is actually a very simple concept.

As for your second point, please re-read the previous posts (I know it's long). I AM NOT SAYING IE IS TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR. IE is NOT DEAD because it still controls the market. This is a NON TECHNICAL look at why IE is still very much alive. I've said this point many times.

Again, you are simply stating points that have already been addressed. I don't want to repeat myself anymore.