xisto Community
Reaper

Amd Vs Intel see which brand of processor is more popular

Amd processor or Intel processor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AMD by far is the better of the two processors. I've been using AMD ever since they came out because they were always cheaper then Intel. Yes I am a cheap SOB lol. But even without the price it seems they are always one upping Intel with speed. I've used the chip for gaming and then i bought a laptop that containg a Celeron....they should call it a Celeroff because it takes so long to process. The laptop lasted all of 2 years and I went back to AMD.......it was beautiful. I have four computers in my house and two run Intels and the other two run AMD Turion 64s. The speed difference is noticable belive me.

I think Intel still has the edge, merely because of their incredibly big war chest. They have lots of money and they are not afraid to use it. Their new processor line is also better than AMD's. I've got an AMD in my computer though, and it works like a charm. :)

Gondero -

And personally most of the time the testimonies are completly biased one way or another. AMD has the better Video Game performance like most gamers will tell you. But when it comes to pure application speed Intel can beat an AMD chip with one hand behind it's back.

I have used AMD since the supposedly 'doomed' k62 450 with its 'heat issues' (never had one, and ran that box for 6 years)

I DEFY you to find a current Intel processor that will outcrunch my AMD. My computer at work runs dual Xeon 800's. While it was in the shop a while back I took in my home machine, which uses an Athlon 64 x2 3800+. Result? Our office is moving to new machines with AMD dualcores. Intel CANNOT compete at any price point with the current AMD line.

Oh, BTW - I am a mortgage broker, so I crunch hard math and use a ton of spreadsheets and other 'pure applications'.

I have Intel on my personal computer while my brother has AMD on his laptop, but I do not see any deifference on the perfrmance between the two. If I am not mistaken AMD processors are muh cheaper than Intels And i hoped I had puchased A computer with AMD, so i could have save more when i bought my personal computer.

I have also both.Intel P4 530 (3.0 GHz)Amd Athlon 64 2800+ and Amd Semptron 2800+ (both socket 754)Amd has the advantage to be cheaper and comsuming less power.Intel looks more stable in performance.Next to the processor is also the chipset on tha mainboard important for the speed of the computer.

see the situation... :) if i wanna play game i buy a amd and many fans to cool it down. Graphic card must latest. :( .....play Dota later :) if i wanna use to do work , i prefer intel. B) But i no much money to buy this 2 :) ....any suggestion ? B) i both also need do..... B) but i heard my friend said AMD easy heat , was that true?if like this i better use Intel. B)

AMD by far is the better of the two processors. I have a AMD Athlon XP... I say that this is better than Intel in everyway possible. I have never had any repair issues like Intel has. I have always been upto speed and never had an overheat. My computer has ran games that can barely withstand my ghz, and it still runs great. My Computer costed my 300 dollars also. What a deal! But Intel flat out sucks! Do not buy it lol!

I don't really have a preference over the two because in my opinion their both the same, and I do know each one is better at certain things but as long as my processor is doing what I need it to be doing I'm fine.

i have not any info about hardwarebut when i want buy cpu , i buy intel cpu . i think intel cpu is better i saw intel make dualcpu in one cpu its work faster and ontime for example config 2 cpu at one and they work parallel , for example add 2 , 4H CPU at one = 8MHZ :rolleyes: its very new technologic :lol: it make cpus faster and high power ;) is it true ?

Gondero - I have used AMD since the supposedly 'doomed' k62 450 with its 'heat issues' (never had one, and ran that box for 6 years)

I DEFY you to find a current Intel processor that will outcrunch my AMD. My computer at work runs dual Xeon 800's. While it was in the shop a while back I took in my home machine, which uses an Athlon 64 x2 3800+. Result? Our office is moving to new machines with AMD dualcores. Intel CANNOT compete at any price point with the current AMD line.

Oh, BTW - I am a mortgage broker, so I crunch hard math and use a ton of spreadsheets and other 'pure applications'.

There is reason for that issue you just brought up. See 2 separate processors are slower than a dual core processor because of the architecture connecting the 2 cores. With 2 spearate CPU there is a alot of space between comparativly speaking, with the a dual core processors the CPU's are practicaly on top of each other. And with parallel processing like that the close the two CPU's are the faster they will run and the better they will perform. Not to mention an Intel Xeon is not as good as a Pentium class processor.

But also you were running AMD 64 in the other system. A 64 bit processor definitly handles precision better than a 32 bit like an Pentium it has more space inside to handle longer decimal points. What a long number is to a 32 bit processor is almost default length to a 64 bit. So you take 2 64 bit processors and place them so close together (i.e. on a single chip) you will definitly outmatch a pair of Xeons.

Now try taking an Intel Itanium 2 against your AMD 64 x2 3800+. The Itanium would kill even 4 Xeons.

And as for Pricing:
The AMD 64x2 4800+ is priced at about $632, the AMD 64 FX62 (Which is better than the X2 4800+) retails at $1199

The Pentium D 960 is priced at $564, the Intel Itanium 2 which is the best Server Processor in the world right now does not list a price because it is very expensive.

But AMD does not make server processors.

Intel will be my all time favourite producer of Processor Chips, since they have involved as an inventer of ICs late in 1950's. AMD is a new kid came into limelight by producing the processors from the processor blueprints released by Intel. Intel spends millions of dollars on its resarch for developing their processors so their processors were priced higher, but as AMD was copying Intel they didnt involve any research costs, so they were able to provide their processors at cheaper price. But now AMD they too have started developing their processors on their own, which are priced higher. I am sure that AMD will never come in par with quality and performance in all aspects like Intel. Long live the Intel.

But now AMD they too have started developing their processors on their own, which are priced higher. I am sure that AMD will never come in par with quality and performance in all aspects like Intel. Long live the Intel.

go away man :)

amd has already beaten intel in terms in overall price / quality / performance ratio! damn those people, if you don't know - don't say it!

it's like saying "Intel is always better and i don't give a f*ck if it's slower and more expensive than AMD." conroe may change many things, but we can't say intel is better than amd, that's just unfair...

The Pentium D 960 is priced at $564, the Intel Itanium 2 which is the best Server Processor in the world right now does not list a price because it is very expensive.
But AMD does not make server processors.

;):(:(

ever heard of opteron man??? amd doesn't make server cpu's??? itanium 2 the best server processor????? what did you smoke that day B)

people if you're so opiniated don't talk, because it ain't even funny... amd doesn't make server cpu's hahahaha...
Edited by harad (see edit history)

I LOVE Intel processors! Its all i can say. I used to have an AMD Athlon 1400 and it always overheated, i replaced fans and heatsinks and it still overheated. It does it in summer and winter, sitting on windows with nothing open and it does it.Right now im sitting on an Intel Celeron 2.4 and have never been happier, its reliable and never overheats.