xisto Community
Goosestaf

Tell Me Why I Should Believe In A "god" Open Discussion/opinions

So I realized that the only way one can be happy is that one is NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING and ONE JUST LIVE THE PRESENT MOMENT!

You sound very much like a Buddhavista. If you haven't read any texts on Buddhism, you might want to pick a few up. It still sounds like a very lonely life to me. Regardless of your motivation, what you get out of life is what you feel when you look back at the end of the day.

Well the thing is...

What I'm saying is...

Other than that I think that...

Well the truth is that...

So I realized that...

Funny on how all of your paragraphs ended with a "..." pattern.

Well the thing is, just cause you dont know all the answers doesnt mean you should not believe in God.

What I'm saying is, you dont need evidence to believe. Blessed is (s)he who believes without evidence.

Other than that I think that, God is righteous, just, omnipotent, loving, created all things, and so many more things. Good (!) that people talk about God, but only if they're not blaspheming about Him.

Well the truth is that, sin is a main source of evil, which makes others suffer. With the removal of sin, all of us can have a better life, and i'm talking about for all eternity. Not on this earth. You are right to say don't attach yourself to the earth. But, you should attach yourself to God.

So I realized that, without God there would be nothing. Without God, we would not be able to be saved. Without God, life cannot continue. Without God, nothing would be possible!

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

To truefusion:

I like this style of writing with three dots at the end because I think that my thinking is nothing more than that - my own point of view...And in NO WAY I THINK THAT MY VIEW IS THE ONLY OR THE RIGHT ONE! So this is why three dots are imo the most appropriate ending - they leave things open...

Well..I have a few questions about Him: Who is God if you refer to God as Him and where is God in your opinion...

I believe GOD is the Good that is in everyone of us..

About Attachment: As far as I see things one should NOT be ATTACHED to ANYTHING INCLUDING GOD! Because God is just there like a finger who is pointing you the right path...BUT you should not get attached to this finger (GOD) but go down your path...

Let me rephrase that: Good (or GOD) in you is like a Raft that took you to the other side of the river (or showed you your path)...if you want to continue your path you shouldn't carry your raft with you (or be attached to God)...

So I realized that, without God there would be nothing. Without God, we would not be able to be saved. Without God, life cannot continue. Without God, nothing would be possible!

I totally agree with that..

To WindAndWater:

Well I have read lots of buddhist books...those books that are buddhism itself not those ABOUT buddhism and they all teach you the same...I find the same ideas in the bible or any other Holy Script that was ever written - as I've pointed out before - There are million ways to the top of the mountain..

Greetz and may God (or whatever you name the divine force) bless you on your path...

They say: "Once you step on the path, you are to find an end one day!"

Heavensounds:Wow quite the topic this became. I need to stay on more. anyway. Let me tell you what God is. He is the device creator of all of us. Where is He? Well if you are talking about literally, then in heaven. However, in a spiritual sense, God, when we invite Him into our lives, is in every one of us. god isn't good, He is righteous, and there is a difference. Sure we all have good in us, but none of us is righteous to the point of without sin. If we were, than we would be God. The point is, God created us. We failed Him. He gave us free will and His love and we through it down the drain. Now you have a lot of people don't even believe in God. But He is still there. You may not believe. But does that change anything? No. My point? Something created us, and the entire universe. And it wasn't a big bang, or some bogus evolutionary theory. It was someone that was smart enough to give us all brains, a system more complicated than any programming language or computer any day, and than give us the free will to prove He is fair in giving us a chance to dis obey.

No you shouldn't maybe you will feel right sometimes because you believe in god but that just how someone came to idea of god who is bigger then this life and will judge to everyone once they die. to me all that sounds like some slave was feeling miserably and searched for reason to keep living and so he invented something that doesn't interfere with life on the earth but will after everyone die.that way slaves had easier time on earth because when his master beat him or something he could tell himself he will suffer in the afterlife(imagination can be very funny).so with believing in god you would become more like that slave and not like free man who you are supposed to be.

ok
i kinda belive in god, i have explained y in another post and i don't want to get yelled at by moderators

i will tell you why and why you shouldn't

you should believe in god because it is always nice to belive in something and that something created you and your mum and your grandmother and so on.if you feeling really down and no one will talk to you who do you talk to if you don't belive in god.

but then it raises the question, if god created you, what created god. this is why you shoudl not belive in god.

i have been thinking about this topic fro a very long time now (about 2 years) and i belive i have came to a conclusion.
there is no god.

if there was god there would be no world hunger and thrist because the bible says that if you belive in god you will live well.
i bet the people over in africa belive in god alot and they don't get food. we have to give them food.

when i think about this topic i also think about the dinosaurs.
we have alot of proof the dinosaurs exicted, but why anrn't they in the bible.

so yer think about that

I personally cannot tell you why you should or should not believe in god. The main reason is that I am not you, and therefore I refuse to hound you into believing something just because I do. If you feel no connection to a "God" of any kind, then that is okay, a lot of people don't. I personally don't. If you really are in search for a religion of any kind, I'd suggest you simply read up on every Religion you can find, and maybe you will find the one that best fits you, but maybe you wont and thats really okay. Some people have this immense 'connection' or faith in God, and they assume just because they feel it, that everyone else does and should feel it too, which is untrue and frustrating. Just believe in whatever *you* feel is right.

Goosestaf, I like the way you phrased your question.

It allows me to step over the minefield of “Is there a God? Yes or no? Answer me and answer me, now!”

Belief structures provide excellent entertainment, but stifle a full-time productive lifestyle.

Can you think of one belief structure that doesn’t require hours of study time? Every belief structure is an investment in time. Eventually, most will reach into your savings account. But hey! That’s okay, if you’re having fun, meeting highly delusional people or working on a stand-up, comedy act.

There’s the entertainment value.

And another thing… there’s no guilt.

You are not hurting these people. People immersed in belief structures are swimming in a pool of illusions and delusions. Generally, when they reach out to you, it’s not for a hand out… it’s to pull you in. That should relieve you of any guilt.

But you don’t have to worry about being pulled down; even by a large group of believers, usually.

People standing on a firm foundation of thought are not so easily pulled off balance.

There: does that offer a little more clarity or did I just make things worse?

very good points.
I totatlly agree that some people will only find true faith after they've expereinced some spirituality.

I was a typical child, raised and brought up to be christian (church of england).
I did it because i was told too.
I don't know what made me start doubting the faith which i took for granted, but after a while i stopped declaring myself as christian and no longer carred for faith.

There have been momments in my life where i've just lost the will to live and not carred for much. I've sometimes even considered taking up faith again to give my life more meaning through dark times.
I even set foot in a church once with a few new friends, but could not deal with it so i left.

In my time of need an answer has always found me . . . .. if i was religious i would preach faith being the cause, but i've found secuirty in Fate.

Maybe faith would improve my life, maybe it wouldn't. I might find faith later in life . . .

Thanks for your input TrueFusion. much apprechiated

This exact same thing happened to me, but I was raised Catholic instead of christian. I even went to classes at church, and a lot of other things. I think that what made me start doubting was the people that formed part of this faith, and that I was forced to believe in this religion as I grew up and the ways that it has been used to manipulate people. I prefer to have the same beliefs, a one god, I pray and always give thanks to for everything I have. You can definitely feel some sort of peace and encouragement. I really recommend you joing a religion but stay away from fanatism, it is the worst thing in the world.

Simple really,Tell me why i should believe in a God. . . and that means any religion.

Tell me why believing in a religion and a god will improve my life.

Look forward to many responses :P

and no bashing/questioning other beliefs please. . . .. i will report any posts of such manner.

HEY DEAR YOU ARE MISTAKING! :)
in the first place have you ask yourself why you are here? ok then i gues you will believe in the so call scientific illustrations on how man came to be
but all these are pure lies yes there is a God not god a true God that created all of us
before we begine if you will recall in the bible the world of the Loard said that in the begining God created heaven and earth so cant you ask yourself where this God comes from? well he lives in heaven he is the owner of all life! if God doesnt exist then all religion is just a wast because religion is the worship of supreme being lest i forget there are Gods and there is a God so in the world we are Some little Demons are the gods where as the whole creator is the Lord Jesus Christ
So dear dont be mistaken there is a true powreful God who owns this world and soon will come for it
thank you

Not because it will improve your life but because it will improve the lives of otheres.  You must understand that you are as connected to the lives of others as we are all connected to the air we breathe and the water that washes over us.  Believing in God and walking in that diection improves the air and water about you.  You begin to breath better.  You begin to see clearer.  You smile a lot more.  You are lighter in heart and in spirit.  First...You must plant a tree under which you know you shall never sit.  It is a very long road.  Do not be discouraged.  You will encounter as many bad days as ever but...Your enlightened spirit will see it clearer and you will not be controled by today.  You will have greater vision, clearer vision, greater knowlege, and you will be released to some extent from the immeadiate.  You will gain control over you..The only thing in this life we are given to be able to control.  Long road man.  Start now!

Step #1:  Take the MY out of your statement "Tell me believing in God will improve MY life"

Step #2:  Understand the difference between God and religion.

Step #3:  Plant a tree.

Step #4:  Go back to step one, keep going forward, learn to breathe better.

Sincerest good wishes upon your journey!  jeannieb