xisto Community
nustadventist

Is Christianity Just Another Religion Or Its Superior

2. As impossible as it may seem, I would say no, there would be no resolution loss. Which was one of my other points. The Bible is essentially God's Love letter to us, so surely (as He is all powerful), He would allow no errors. But again, this matter comes down to faith and trust.

3. Time and time again, we see the word religion as defined as rituals, a set of beliefs, and practices. Now, as you will probably have noted in definition NO. 5 the "ritual observance of faith". So as you noted in point No. 3, religion includes faith. IMO, this is not always the case. Which is why as I stated previously faith can and often is intertwined with religion, but religion without faith is useless. My point was that Christianity as a religion without faith is no better than any other religion, but Christianity as a religion with faith far surpasses any belief out there.

(Note: I desperately hope the purpose of this argument is to find truth... if it becomes something else... I may no longer participate)

2. I don't think God would allow error either... but it does come down to who we're putting our faith and trust into. If the Bible was essentially written by men who were inspired by God, then we would be trusting that the men wrote God's word down correctly. We can put our faith and trust in God saying that his (I'm only writing "His" to satisfy the "proper" Christians out there) word is true. It's only the interpretation of men that leaves something to be desired.

3. Of course religion without faith is useless. But then it's not really a religion anymore... if someone practices Christianity without faith, then you can hardly call them Christian... that's the point I'm trying to make. If you can claim that "religion" is just a set of rituals of which faith has no importance, then you could call Scientology a religion as much as Christianity or Judaism.

This is an absurd question. One would have to understand all the religions in the world to even make comparisons. Besides, everybody hails from different cultures and has different mentalities. Someone may think a certain aspect of one religion is superior to one aspect of another simply because of the way they were brought up or what they were exposed to in life. I believe religion is one thing that we could not rank.

3. Of course religion without faith is useless. But then it's not really a religion anymore... if someone practices Christianity without faith, then you can hardly call them Christian... that's the point I'm trying to make. If you can claim that "religion" is just a set of rituals of which faith has no importance, then you could call Scientology a religion as much as Christianity or Judaism.

I must agree with you. Christianity without faith... well its not really Christianity. But then I run into one problem, why are many without faith in Christ considered Christians by themselves and others? This leaves me at the conclusion religion is able to exist apart from faith... or at least it has become able to... although... it really shouldn't.

In short what I am saying: "Religion should not exist apart from faith, unfortunately, it does."

I can't argue much on scientology... which I know hardly anything about.

This is absurd, why are you discussing superiority, does christianity teach you to feel superior. All religions teach equality and brotherhood. Never ever say that one religion is superior.

I have to agree with what ankitunlimited said. It's extremely reatarded to think you're better than anyone regardless of which religion you follow. NO religion is superior.

Well Superiority of religion according to me has no meaningWe should treat every religion equally and there's should be no descrimination. :lol:

Well Superiority of religion according to me has no meaningWe should treat every religion equally and there's should be no descrimination. :lol:

I'd like to take that a little further.... everybody in this world should be treated as equals, without any sort of discrimination. As much as I wish this could happen..... (albeit, a little creepy if it did) I know that it won't as intolerance is really quite rampant, and won't end... well, 'till humans end...

Well..... I really dont think that you will ever get everyone to agree.... unless this was a forum devoted to christianity. There are a lot of religions and the main reason is because people think so differently. Everyone will end up choosing the religion they like or the one they grew up with and that will depend on the region that person grew up in. I really think that it is pretty unfair that you are thinking about christianity being superior if you have not compared it to the other religions like saying what kind of good or bad things, strengths or weaknesses each religion has. If you study many religions you will soon find out that most of them are very alike in many many ways. I would recommend that you go ahead and investigate some other religions out there.

We should treat every religion equally and there's should be no descrimination.

I'll just be here in my corner, discriminating against radical Islam or any other radical form of religion.

Is Christianity superior the religion?Says who? a Christian? Whether your a Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc.. you have chosen to be it. It was a personal choice, it was your decision to join that particular group in the pursue to satisfy the need of a higher power controlling all. Saying the bible is true and portrays a loving god is everything but right. The bible portrays a blood thirsty god... sure Jesus Christ brings peace and love (was he a hippie?) but hey cant ignore the rest of the bible. Okay so some of the names in the bible do match up... but does that really make accurate and real? no it does not. But let me stick to the actual point.. no religion is superior to any other religion... they all should be treated for what they are... social groups.

it was your decision to join that particular group in the pursue to satisfy the need of a higher power controlling all

No :lol:

Saying the bible is true and portrays a loving god is everything but right.

Hey! The same goes for what you say!

The bible portrays a blood thirsty god... sure Jesus Christ brings peace and love (was he a hippie?) but hey cant ignore the rest of the bible.

Let's see...nations doing wicked things in the eyes of a just God, guess by your standards they should have been rewarded.

(was he a hippie?)

Genius, making connections from eras separated by about 2000 years, you might as well teach a class.

they all should be treated for what they are... social groups.

I think you should be treated for what you are.

You seem new to the forum, so you might as well get used to my style of debating.

No :lol: Hey! The same goes for what you say!

Let's see...nations doing wicked things in the eyes of a just God, guess by your standards they should have been rewarded.

Genius, making connections from eras separated by about 2000 years, you might as well teach a class.
I think you should be treated for what you are.
You seem new to the forum, so you might as well get used to my style of debating.

Debate takes more then just trying to nullify what was written. In order to debate there must be an argument opposing the previous statement. Oh... and the blood thirsty god thing, it is true in the old testament... a god that punishes children and virgins (the innocents) for the sins of others is not a just god.

Oh... and the blood thirsty god thing, it is true in the old testament... a god that punishes children and virgins (the innocents) for the sins of others is not a just god.

You don't take any time to make references for your claims. You are raising the question: What makes them innocent? Others like you have probably ran into these verses: Exodus 20:5; Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9. However, these statements are always misunderstood by those who lack proper Bible study. Allow me to provide you with several verses: Ezekiel 18:4-20; Deuteronomy 24:16; Kings 15:3. No one is punished for the sins of others. The reason why it mentions a third person is because the one being disciplined commited the same sins as that third person (Romans 2:3). Those who do not understand the meaning of sin or what sin is go on to say that God is bloodthirsty. Those who find several sinful practices appealing and as something that is acceptable go on to say that God is unjust. God is unchanging, He has always been the same; He is no different in the OT than in the NT. I suppose this is now your chance to provide opposing arguments?

Debate takes more then just trying to nullify what was written. In order to debate there must be an argument opposing the previous statement.

I can't really oppose much since there happen to be no facts involved.

Just another religion.

Christians, if you feel superior to other religions, please think again. To feel superior you must feel that other faiths are inferior, which invokes feelings of at the best pity and at the worst hatred towards others. How do you think the others would respond to this? Does this spread harmony or disharmony?

It makes no sense to me to believe that one group of people got everything right, and everyone else got everything wrong. I would like to believe that everyone is right in their own contexts, and that everyone is trying to interpret the world around us in different ways. What matters is that how you can use what you believe in to help yourself and others.