xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Life, Why Does It Exist Just Why?

Sometimes i find myself asking myself...why were we put on this earth? is there a greater reason than just life? and now, i continiously ask myself this question because now at 2:00 in the morning i find out that my grandpa died in the middle of the night. I dont even know if he went peacefully, i just know that he is gone...and i feel really bad because i used to go over to his house allot and help-out but i avent recently because i have had some much Homework to do, and so i feel really reallly bad that his last few months here he barley even got to see me except last weekend when we went up to tahoe together on a family vacation..we were supposed to go on another one not this weekend but at the end of the month....my whole point is why in the heck were we put here other than to be born, raised, grown up, and to die? what is the point?!?if anyone has any comforting words please say them...cuz i need them

My reasoning is this; the reason we and all other life is put on earth is to reproduce and evolve. When you think about it, this is exactly what your grandfather has done, by the mere fact that he is your grandfather. I would also suggest that you have adapted to this modern world better than he has, therefore you have 'evolved'.There is not much that can be said to help the grieving process, it something we all have to work through at some stage in our life. I think the best thing to do is to remember the good times you had together, I suspect your recent vacation was one of them and don't forget him. He will always be there in your heart and things he has said or did will no doubt spring to mind to remind you of him. This can happen at the strangest times from many different things, a smell or the sound of a voice or perhaps going to a place where your shared some happy times together.My thoughts are with you and your family.

Listen to what Avalon said because it is the truth. I am lucky enough to still have both my grandparents and cherish the time with them. My grandmother is getting close to passing away but you know, she isn't scared. I think she is going to a better place. Of course this depends on your religion but I think whatever you believe is the truth. If you believe you will go to Heaven, achieve Nirvana, or whatever, then that will happen. I feel sorry for you and your family but atleast you saw him this past weekend. If you have pictures and videos I would definately keep them and watch them once in a while to remind you just who your grandfather was.

thank you both, i am sure he is in a better place, my problem is accepting that..no matter how many times i say it, it just never sounds right..i thank you for your condolences and your thoughts they have made me feel a little better but it still hurts inside the most..i think it hurts inside the most because he has given me allot of my firsts, my first time camping, my first time on a plane, my first time at the ocean, my first time out of california, my first time out os USA, my first time on a cruise....i dont see why it has to be soo painfull for those who were close to him

It's painful because you know his memories are still with you and those memories and the fact of knowing that he is gone is what does make it so darn painful. At least you spent some time with him though. Think about the people who don't have those memories because of a choice that they made. Also, try to ask around to find out more about his death, It'll make it easier to accept.

people come and people go, but their memories last for as long as you do. the way i look at death is that it is inevitable. it hurts those whose lives they made an impact on, those who owe something emotionally to them. but it happens, hate it if you must, but it is the inevitable. the way i think is that they are in a better place, you say that it doesn't feel right but its something you need to accept. however, i do offer my condolences

Sometimes, when you grieve, you lose sight of what's really important. I think it's better not to grieve over someone. Maybe your grandfather would want you not to grieve over his death, also. Ratherthan grieving, remember what he did for you, and do onto others. That way, you'll never forget all the good times. Also, i hear if you think about something a lot, you might dream about it.

I wonder this a lot too...because no matter how long i think about it, i still wonder-why ARE we here? Sometimes i feel like i am the only one who wonders it, because i talk to my friends and family and it seems like everyone thinks they will live forever even when someone they know dies, its as if people are blind to the inevitable. Sometimes i try to imagine nothing, as in the universe doesnt exist and for a moment, very quick moment i get lost in this thought because its so bizarre because i can hardly think of nothing, what would nothing be? And i wonder often why people work, and go to school and have families because in the end itll all be gone. When i go to my families for holidays i sometimes think about how in probably 20-30 years it wont be like that, ill probably be dead and so will others in my family...and soon in 50 years no one will be there, itll be a whole new generation in my family, much like how right now my generation is 'new'. I just find it sad that hardly anyone wonders these things, or if they do why doesnt anyone speak about it? Are we all just in denial?

First of all, sincere condoleances to you and your family with the loss of your grandfather.There is way more to life then just birth, life and death and I don't think it's only for evolution and reproduction (wich are nice extra's though). In my opinion life can be considered as a school and every life we live are like different 'courses' in wich we experience and learn from situations.I think a soul will reincarnate many, many, many times so it experiences and adds/shares this obtained wisdom with the Creative Intelligence, wich many people refer to as God, since every soul is a 'spark' of a massive 'flame'.For what it's worth, I think your grandfather watches over you and your family and is proud that you work so hard to graduate :)

I've said this many times. We were put on this life to do good. As what I believe in, when you die, you will go to heaven, and you'll stay there forever. So, yes, according to me (and the Bible), we humans are immortal, and we are not mortals. Even if we do wrong, we will not perish, we will just go to hell. Well, while I'm at this earth, I'll do everything I can do at this earth to the best of my abilities. I will go to school, get a great education, help people out (studying medicine :P ), and just enjoy life.By how you're saying it, it sounds like you're all goths. :) That's not a good thing. Gothic people (no offense), have no lives. If you really don't like anything in this world, why are you even in this world? All you're doing is ruining everybody else's experience in this great fantastic journey we call "earth". Also, last but certainly not least, I give condolence to you and your family as your family experience with this hard, tragic death. I wish the best for your Grandfather and your family. Best wishes!

well first off i thank you all for your condolences, i went to school today to try and get my mind off of it and it worked, because i hardly thought about it all day long but when i got bored it entered my mind...made me feel sad again...but anyways, the girlfriend is coming home now and so i am going to go stay with her so she is not alone...i dont exactly know what is going to happen like if theres a funeral, or just a memorial...but i should find out soon... thank you all for your for lack of better terms "support"....it really has helped...i looked back on some of the pictures i have of him and laughed at a few reminding me what good times we had together... but i still feel sad :-<

Sometimes i find myself asking myself...why were we put on this earth? is there a greater reason than just life? and now, i continiously ask myself this question because now at 2:00 in the morning i find out that my grandpa died in the middle of the night. I dont even know if he went peacefully, i just know that he is gone...and i feel really bad because i used to go over to his house allot and help-out but i avent recently because i have had some much Homework to do, and so i feel really reallly bad that his last few months here he barley even got to see me except last weekend when we went up to tahoe together on a family vacation..we were supposed to go on another one not this weekend but at the end of the month....
my whole point is why in the heck were we put here other than to be born, raised, grown up, and to die? what is the point?!?

if anyone has any comforting words please say them...cuz i need them

same here, one time when i was like 6 i was on the way back from a vacation in the car and i started crying because i didnt wanna die, bla bla bla. i think about dieing too much and i came up with many things.
one tthing i have is that have u noticed how the good people die? and the bad people not so much?
maybe God put us here to perform good and then we go somplace better when we are done being good and kind and helpful in earth, so its like if ur bad u live more so that you can fix your deeds and become better and if you are good you go. another thing is that when you die you go to another galaxy reincarnated into somthing depending on how good and kind you were in this planet. but i dont know...we may never know....

very iteresting subject

I've said this many times. We were put on this life to do good. As what I believe in, when you die, you will go to heaven, and you'll stay there forever. So, yes, according to me (and the Bible), we humans are immortal, and we are not mortals. Even if we do wrong, we will not perish, we will just go to hell. Well, while I'm at this earth, I'll do everything I can do at this earth to the best of my abilities. I will go to school, get a great education, help people out (studying medicine :P ), and just enjoy life.

By how you're saying it, it sounds like you're all goths. :) That's not a good thing. Gothic people (no offense), have no lives. If you really don't like anything in this world, why are you even in this world? All you're doing is ruining everybody else's experience in this great fantastic journey we call "earth".

Also, last but certainly not least, I give condolence to you and your family as your family experience with this hard, tragic death. I wish the best for your Grandfather and your family. Best wishes!

You obviously dont have the slightest clue what being goth really is. [i am not gothic btw] And i respect your biblical beliefs, but for those like myself who dont really believe in the bible, it kind of offends me to have someone basically tell me i have no life for actually questioning why, because i dont believe 100% in anything...so i do wonder, isnt it a human behavior to wonder? And since there is no proof for really anything, i will continue wondering and unfortenetly i wont ever know untill its my time. And that kind of scares me, so you can believe in heaven but i dont...I cant believe in just one thing because there are so many posibilities, and most of the time i just believe we die and that its, we are burried and life is over and that just makes everything so pointless, but what is lifes point?

Many people resort to religion to explain why life exists. We cant figure it out ourselves. If we try we might end up becoming depressed, cause of the thought of thinking of that there was nothing to begin with, and what if there was still nothing to begin with. If religion can keep someone from bringing themselves down, then stick to it.

to have such a question is a great thing for all of us. if we all knew the answer then we have a dull life. Life exist becuase it does. No special meaning or reason at all. like ants, birds and plants we existed becuase we can and we will until we destroys the only world we know that we can survive. but of course there are reasons, and thats our personal reasons. like for example a family man, if he loves his family so his ultimate reason is to provide for his family. It gives meaning to his life. So there is no general reason for what life is for other than to survive and continue surviving. for you not to be sad, find something or someone you love the most and let that someone or something be the reason for your existence. then your life will be an adventure. coz if you don't have someone or something to live for then you will be sad and deppressed like me :).....