xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Laos

The Future Of Mobile Phones It seems to be getting better, and better...

So,What do you think the future will bring of Cellular or Mobile PhonesFOr exampleA. now you can play games like Sims 2 or Racing Via PhoneB. you can use your cellphone like a credit card to purchase, sell, or even pay for online games.C. They seem to get thinner, smaller, and better lookingD. So many addons is crazyI think pretty soon the internet is your new Cell Tower, so u always have 5 bars or somthing VoIP calls basicallyWhat do you think?

I don't really see a end to how far cell phones will come in the years to come. As technology advances, cell phones are becoming smaller, more to them, and can do more things. I think sometime in the near future, it will come to a point where computers and cell phones merge. Where basically you have a computer on you that is as small or smaller than a normal sized cell phone. This is just my idea of what the future might bring, but it will be crazy to see what new technologies will come out in the future.

even I agree with xJedix. Technology makes a lot of changes in every part of life and with cellphones..it is doing quite a bit :)
I just carry a simple cellphone..not as advanced as there are lots of phones available. I am sure that cellphones will act as computers infact may be more. recently I heard about a cellphone..which acts like a projector :P
We already have cellphones..which support technology like, handwriting recognition & speech recognition...so we cant actually think of where it will go till and where it will stop. May be cellphone will become like this in future - http://www.yankodesign.com/2005/09/30/nokia-888-mobile-phone-by-tamer-nakisci/

even I agree with xJedix. Technology makes a lot of changes in every part of life and with cellphones..it is doing quite a bit :)

I just carry a simple cellphone..not as advanced as there are lots of phones available. I am sure that cellphones will act as computers infact may be more. recently I heard about a cellphone..which acts like a projector :P

We already have cellphones..which support technology like, handwriting recognition & speech recognition...so we cant actually think of where it will go till and where it will stop. May be cellphone will become like this in future - http://www.yankodesign.com/2005/09/30/nokia-888-mobile-phone-by-tamer-nakisci/

can't you do everything from a cell phone already? if not, they have the technology for it. they are like computers though. there is no money in it to make an ultimate cell phone. they would rather add 1 feature at a time so you run out and go buy another cell phone. like computers, the cell phone will ultimately make us more lazy just for using the cell phone. we will all die lazy and fat from the comforts of our own couches and we can all blame the cell phone one day :D

Cell phones will cease to exist in the future, instead we can take a walk to the hospiltal to get a microchip implanted in ones brain which inables us to do just about everything a phone can do - just my thought.

it could have a very dangerous affect on how we live our lifes thoughwheres the privacy? If you can get a " connection " from one phone to another, surely, there is something *in the middle* that its got to pass through, kinda like a reciever? i 'unno.. just abit miffed by it all.. Its good, but has its downside deff. lol

Basically, phones are upgrading really quickly and advancing very fast in terms of technology, just yesterday Bluetooth seems to be a very new technology, but now almost everyone I know has a phone with bluetooth capabilities. Phones are slowly becoming mini-computers, in the past they were big bulky PDAs, but now more and more phones are become 'smarter', in the form of Smart phones. 1 fine example, the Nokia N series, powered by the Symbian OS which is something like a mini computer. However I am quite disappointed with the development speed of mobile applications on the mobile phones, they have not yet taken off as quickly as mobile games. I was part of a project team collaborating with Siemens to develop a 3G mobile application, lets just say it is a community related application, I do not want to go into too much details. It did not attract much interest at all, at least in my country.

OMG! The future of phones is already HERE! Anyone see the latest Steve Jobs spiel??? IPHONE is HERE!!!

Posted Image

Yeah, the original purpose of the phone, TO TALK ON!!, is quite dead. Phones are now all about portable PCs. With the new MicroSD technology, they're capable of quite a bit of storage with no extra bulk, and the guts are getting smaller and more powerful each year. I just got my RAZR V3m for FREE after I renewed my contract with my carrier. I can't say I'm thrilled with the audio or video aspects - they're both CHEAP and operate as such (really not great), but they're a huge leap in the right direction. I understand the LG Chocolate is much more robust and fun to use. I should have gotten that instead...but it was $50 with contract renewal and I'm just not into paying for a phone on top of a ridiculously expensive contract. I mean, cell phone usage has proliferated the PLANET, so WHY are we paying so much for the service??

I'll tell you why...so they can sell phones for $0.99 in third world countries! I'm serious!!! Motorola recently had to downgrade their profit expectations (literally in half) because they sold HUGE numbers of units in the third world, but very few in the "wealthier" nations like the US and UK.

So where are cell phones headed? As I said...just look at the IPhone and that's pretty much it. They will essentially be portable laptops posing as phones, with broadband connection speeds over the air, capable of providing everything across the audio/visual spectrum, AND you're going to see micro applications available such as the new OpenOffice suite - which does everything Office does, but much, much tinier.

And you'll get it all at roughly 50 dollars over here...99 cents if you make a trip to Thailand. Unbelievable.

I think that the futur of cell phones great with an amazing features too, so I think that the next generation is VoIP cell phones cause they don't take much money for the operators ... and about the size, we will talk and our hands in the trauser's pockets :P

If i had to reply in a sarcastic way, i d say...the future phones are going to be less like phones and more like some other electronic, wireless device. Most of the time they are going to do more than a phone...but i doubt if anyone of us would use it like a phone simply because we might think its better to use a cheaper alternative as phone..and this high end devce which will be so rampant with us \ will be used for all purpose except as a phone althoug it is one.So we might use two gadgets , very similar to each other for different purposes.

in a few years mobile phones will be like 8 track tapes.. they came and went.. the technology has advanced so much that the Mobile phones are not even mobile phones any more. thety are definately something else.. 1st you have some that are camera phones, then you have some that are PDA's then you have some theat are MP# players, and some with movies players on them.. then you have the really nice ones with all the above features and mcuh more. you can surf the net on all you text on all to any one, you can send images. so in reality the term mobile hones or the name mobile phones, is going to be ancient in a few years. caus these things are not just mobile phones any more.. they are far greater.. so imagine what is next.. what will be th enext thing we will be able to do with these phones..

I believe that cell phones pretty much do everything someone needs except maybe turn into an electric shaver or toilet. Conisdering that cell phones are currently available with almost everything you need at home--on the go, like for example, high speed internet and all its goodies. The future of cell phones is also here already (for us western folk at least, it might not be that much innovation for others considering how behind we are in regards to mobile technology), just go to Japan for a day and you'll see it. =]

I reckon that humanity is becoming far too dependant on technology and this will be our downfall.I believe that us depending on the modern conviniences of todays technology will increase and one day, a simple error will occur that will cause utter chaos.But hey, thats just my opinion.