xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qoonet

Which book do you like?

Cirque du' Freak by Darren Shann Are one of the best i have read his series are fantastic, his book plays a role of a little boy that gets bitten by a vampire. And through out the series of his books he describes his life how it was and how he developed to be one of the best well known vampires, he faced many problems, even vampire hunters, blood thirst and he learned how to survive by taking the blood of cows, but enough of that if you guys want to read it i recommend you going to your closest Public library and renting them.

I don't know why but I never liked the Harry Potter books or movies.. they seem to be very popular but never did seem to appeal to me. I haven't read much in the last few years, but there's no doubt that my favourite book "trilogy" ever is Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The trilogy was just perfect for my tastes, dry humour, science fiction, witty stuff. I loved it and recommended it to everyone I knew, of course with my luck everyone I knew who tried reading the book after my recommendation (first one, which is one of the most popular novels in Britain according to what I've read). hated it. Made me feel like a Maroon! I have my towel handy and at the ready in case of emergency twenty four seven.And, the H2G2 movie was really, very, extremely, incredibly bad. I waited years for that thing and it was a load 'o pig shlop!I really wanted to read the LOTR books, I loved the movies, but after seeing them it was hard for me to read the book, I knew what was going to happen and it was hard to be interested in the book that way. Stupid movies!

There is a lot of choisce there but I think as a writer matures, their work matures with them (i don't mature cheddar tho) I mean jurassic park has to be in the top 5 at least and so does PREY. The surreal ones MC writes are Sphere and Terminal Man, you really don't know what's going on (more in sphere than TM)I don't think I could ever choose favourites with Michael Crichton's works.Prey was one of the first ones of his I read, and that definitely is ranked pretty high up there. State of Fear's around number two, I guess. Then, I'd have to include Sphere in there somewhere...So, I think the ranking would be similar to this:1) Prey2) State of Fear3) SphereAs for everything else, I think I would have to group Jurassic Park, the Lost World, and the Andromeda Strain around number four, with Disclosure and A Case of Need following at fifth. Then there'd be Rising Sun, followed by Airframe.As for Congo and Timeline, I have read them, but I haven't done so in a few years, so I can't very well rank them if I can't remember what they're about. But, I do recall that both were very good, so I'd assume that they'd be around level four.However, I still need to read the Terminal Man and the Eaters of the Dead.Also i like Harry Potter's books too :)

I agree with fish boy on account of "Sphere" being a really good book. I rank it highly as well. Its captures your imagination and is quick to get through. Although "quick" is as much as a strength as weakness becuase i felt like it finished too early (But i devour books in 2-3 days, so it would be good for those take their time).

Because I love mysteries, the book which I mostly like is The DaVinchi's Code.A compilation of mistery, adventure, and action. The 3 things which book has to have to be my favourite.

One of my favorite books is the bible, because it has action, adventure, love, mystery, and thrills in it. :P Bible even has must everything in it. :) The bible is one of most well known books in the world. :D

My favorite book would be harry potter it's really addictive and i've loved it ever since I first read it! I also like the books Vampire Beach it's nicely written and I just love the romance between Sienna and Jason! <3

Recently, I have developed an admiration for "The curious incident of the dog in the nigh-time" This book is about a kid with ausberg austism. The one where you are really intelligent, but lack social skills and other things that are normall taken for granted in regards to interaction with people. The plot is this kid is trying to solve a mysterious of a dog's murder. However, his perspective of the world is extremely straight forward and it makes for a lot of interesting moments. Oh yeah, the chapters are all prime numbers (because he likes prime numbers)

i like the books which contains some horer stories which make the people warrie.i never worried from any thing, i am very coragious.i like the books which contains some love stories. without love , life is like hel, that is why i use to sutdy love stories

Hello friends, I think i got a good place to talk about the books. I love to read the books and also i got good books here that you all read. I love to read the books in which something new and the ending of the book is makes me think. I love to read the Shakespeare's poems and drama.Regards,Olivia

My all-time favorite books are: S is for Space by Ray Bradbury: An insanely wicked collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury..from sci-fi to fantasy.. actually, most are sci-fi's and has a 50's feel to them...same genre as the stories of Twilight Zone..Wheel of Time: Great book for high-fantasy lovers...Seven Ideas That Shook the Universe: A discussion about 7 seven scientific breakthroughs that changed the way we look at our universe. I hope they release a new version of it... Eight Ideas That Shook the Universe which will include M-Theory.. More books but these are my top 3..

It seems that there are many Harry Potter fanatic here. I like several books like Rich Dad, Poor Dad, If Tomorrow Comes, Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less and local books like Noli Me Tangere and El Felibusterismo.