xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qoonet

Which book do you like?

my favorites books are the da vinci code and the harry potter saga with algo Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, man i love those Dan Brown books! and Harry potter is my trauma since i was in junior high school, i really love the novels, but im desperate to read the other 3 that are left.. Harry Potter reaaally charms you into the plot ._.

Does book in this topic can be referred as comic?Hope so because I LOVE comics...I read them regularly...Some of my favourites are:1. Slam Dunk --> Tells about a newbie basketball member who has outstanding ability in basket that he was not aware of.2. Shin Kotaro --> Tells about a peverted martial expert who somehow always find himself in the middle of a battle.3. Kenji --> A young boy in a journey to find his grandfather and on the way learn a lot of martial arts.Hehehe...I really like reading martial arts comics though I don't like practicing it.Well I do have some novels that I like to read, all of them are Sci-Fi of course.1. Animorphs --> Tells about a group of teenagers that have the capability to transform into other living creatures and in a journey to stop an invasion.2. There is no other novels that I like...hehehehe...Told you that I LOVE comics...lol

Godel, Escher, Bach by Douglas HofstadterGodel is a mathematician who proved that any useful consistent symbolic system is incomplete.Escher is an artist whose drawings contain self-referential themes, tesselations, and paradoxes.Bach is a master musician whose music contains mathematical elements for the keen observer to notice.This is a FABULOUS book.

"Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt is very good. It's about the author's time in Savannah, Georgia exploring the city and meeting interesting people. Berendt makes friends with one of Savannah's most notable people, Jim Williams, and later becomes his confidant when Williams is accused of murder. This is 100% real, yet it reads like a brilliant work of fiction. I can't remember how many times I've read it, but every time it gets better. I liked the book so much that my mom and I went on vacation to Savannah. We followed the 'official' tour following Berendt's travels. It's funny because in Savannah, Midnight.. has become known simply as 'The Book'. There are giftshops, tours, even a coffeehouse geared for fans of the book.

I love the 'Protector of the Small' quartet by Tamora Pierce. The plot is near perfect. But I've rather grown out of them. Her new book that came out not long ago is pretty good too. But I gotta say it's rather hard to pick favorites. I mostly only read fantasy but some of it is so boring and fake. Harry Potter is real good. But some of it is pretty fake. Artemis Fowl books aren't too bad. All of these are rather childish though. ;) Nora Roberts is very good too. She's mystery and romance.=)

gdpglc, surely you mean Jane Eyre, right? I agree, it is a fantastic book. Very moving and emotional...it chronicles a fascinating journey. It incorporates some gothic elements and some intense imagery to capture a historical environment that beautifully fits the unique storyline. When I first saw the pastel cover (I was assigned to read the book in English class last year), I have to admit that I was very disappointed. Luckily, I was proven wrong, and it turned out to be one of my most favorite books of all time. It's classic and a must-read! Highly recommended to all!

My favorite books would have to be the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. i have read all the books until Naked Empire, i couldnt get my hands on the new Chain of Fire but hopefully i will soon...

My favorite books are from the series "A song of ice and fire" by George R.R. Martin, fantastic author - really brings you in touch with the characters.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I'm currently reading "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe which is not bad. Good for the Vocabulary.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)