xisto Community
serverph

Free Trip To Mars! :D c/o google

First there was Google Earth, then Google Moon... and now, GOOGLE MARS!

https://www.google.com/mars/

In commemoration of Lowell's birthday, we're pleased to bring you Google Mars. Explore the red planet in three different ways: an elevation map shows color-coded peaks and valleys, a visible-imagery map shows what your eyes would actually see, and an infrared-imagery map shows the detail your eyes would miss.

visit mars today! :( wonder if the green martians will appear in the map? LOLZ! see for yourself! bring your own chocolate bar (joke! just a pun!). :(

Ok, first Google Earth, I have no idea what Google moon is and now this Google mars, they aint gonna stop aint they, soone or later they're gonna end up having satellite footage of the whole universe for everyone to look through, from the milky way to the moons of pluto, it that one has moons like lol.

Okay google more for those wondering is https://www.google.com/moon/ anyway, I'll bet that both moon and mars came from a lack of things for a programer to do, or rather a time for programers to do what they will. Appentrly Google engineres have 20% time to persue their own projects, this is probably a brain child of this time.

Wow. google Mars. Probably not too informational though. I will have to check it out. It is hard to map a distant planet an dI am not sure how much you can actually "explore". But for would-be astronomers, this will be a great tool. Thanks for the find. I have heard of google earth, Google moon, but never Google Mars. I wonder who makes these. :( Must be a tech who knows what they are doing. I wonder if they had help. Well I have chatted long enough. Thanks again.

It's looks pretty useful to astronomers as Google is giving out this Mars exploration free from Earth in front of a home computer. But however, its quite useless to many people because I wil not find anything interesting on Mars until someone finds something unusual. But by then, Nasa should be the first to know of such findings and probably the rest would then know it.Anyway, its kindda boring viewing rock patterns on Mars. I was thinking how Google got those pictures from Mars. As if they really had photographed the entire Mars surface or something. Pretty weird for Google to do that as it probably gonna cost them a bomb, on top of providing many great free tools. I was thinking if that Mars exploration was a hoax or something. :(

It's quite interesting to look at all the different views of Mars, but I suppose moldboy is right, the programmers had created the platform for Google Earth, and now just stick images from any planet they like on it :( But I want to know when they will introduce driving directions for the Moon and Mars :(

The reason Google adds these kinds of things like Google Moon and Google Mars, is because they want to be the first company offering route planning services when we start cononizing these planets / satelites.Just kidding ^^Altho not many people find the use of projects like this, they are fun to watch and make jokes about. Anyone remember that if you zoomed in 100% on Google Moon you would see what the moon was made off? I'm sure there is such a joke in this one as well, so let's start searching. :(Can't wait for Google's 1 April joke ^^

I agree... It's interesting but how would you use it to help you in everyday life? Google Earth is more useful and obviously better seeing as it's the planet we live it. If you zoom out on the Mars one all you end up with is just a strip of land which is nothing compared to Google Earth. Anyway it'll be more interesting when they find life on Mars or something like that :(

Anyway, its kindda boring viewing rock patterns on Mars. I was thinking how Google got those pictures from Mars.

Well Inspiron, Google has some contract kind of stuff with NASA! So, it is for sure that Nasa has provided these images to them :(
And as far as this program is concerned...I am sure that it will be of great help to students..who want to actually know about mars and its surface

Goggle moon is pretty funny, it shows that they actually have a sense of humor, you'll see what i mean when you zoom in to the lowest level, heh heh, confrms my suspicions on what the moon is made of :( Unfortunately mars doesnt show the same type of humor, very interesting picture though, i hate how they have a dark side and a light side because of the rotation of mars, it appears to also include some blank spots they missed.

Google has provided Google Earth, Google Moon, Google Mars and maybe in the future Google will bring the entire celestial bodies in front of us through the Internet.Gasp! They are mind blowing Images and not usually seen by the common man.