xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hulunes

Favorite Food sharing with us

i think different people always prefer different food.you should sharing with us... :P

may be u have heard of the food jiao zi comes from my nation China,which is a tradional food.usually chinese people eat jiaozi in chinese new year called spring festival.people always celebrate the coming of new year and family reunited.by the way,jiao zi is made by flour and includs multifarious stuffing,taste very very good...it is my favorite food!

hope you have a try.Bear in mind,chinese food -jiao zi. :lol:

I'm a girl but I realy love to eat... :(I adore "burek", it is a food which is typical for this area. It is something like chees pie, but much better and nicer. You cam also stuff your "burek" with pizza ingredients, with ham slices, with some vegetables... you can let your imagination take you to make a perfect "burek" only for you. :(

may be u have heard of the food jiao zi comes from my nation China,which is a tradional food.usually chinese people eat jiaozi in chinese new year called spring festival.

is that what the chinese refer to as moon cake? i'm not chinese but my dad worked in a bank near chinatown so i'm always introduced to those kinds of stuff. but to answer the topic, i love food, i would probably trade anything for a good amount of savory food or even sweet desserts. i love cooking and baking but my most favorite thing is pasta. i'm a pasta guy. maybe i was french in my past life :( speaking of pasta, i'll probably cook one later. hehe sorry guys, i don't share.

just kidding.

is that what the chinese refer to as moon cake?

okey,moon cake is also a delicious food but chinese often eat it in mid-autumn festival not spring festival,hehe.umm...jiao zi is just the dumplings and i would like to tell you how to make and eat :(

To make Jiao Zi, first of all, you should chop the meat into tiny pieces and mash them, then add salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, scallions, and Chinese cabbage if you like. Mix thoroughly the ingredients and meat filling, and then add two spoonful of water if necessary. In a big bowl, add water to flour gradually. Mix and knead by hand to soft dough, then cover it with towel and put it aside for about an hour. Scatter some dry flour on the board, knead and roll it into a sausage-like dough about 5 centimeters in diameter, then chop it into small pieces. Press each piece with your hand and get a pancake. Finally, you should hold the pancake with your palm and put the filling in the center and wrap it into half-moon shaped and seal the edges. Put the dumplings into boiling water, when it is well cooked, it is ready to be served. However, before eating, you need to prepare some small dishes to contain the mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil or pepper oil to suit your own taste.

thats the whole process,hhhhhope you to taste it! :(

Peaches...I love peaches...Other than that, I love a lot of Indian and Middle Eastern food. There's this one drink, called douq I think, that's basically water, plain yogurt, diced cucumbers, and spices (salt, crushed mint, pepper, garlic powder). Mmmmmmmmm so good...And I also love Taboula (sp???), which is a salad with cracked wheat and parsley and cucumbers and tomatoes and other stuff and the dressing is simply olive oil and lemon juice (with salt and pepper). And there's this yogurt/rice soup that's delicious...

Starting off, my fav food is (not in any particular order) is-- Chicken Noodles-- Spring Rolls-- Stir Fry/Chicken/Beef and Rice-- Beef Casserole-- Pasta-- and Egg/Chicken Noodles with garlic, etc.Some of the food maybe the types that the Aussies eat every day, and many are those that were brought from elsewhere. Considering that Australia is a multi-cultural nation with many people from all-over, its great to try all types of food from all over.My olds were both from the Philippines, so I'm used to eating rice with most dishes. As for rice, I like eating it with the majority of dishes, especially stir fry.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

To make Jiao Zi, first of all, you should chop the meat into tiny pieces and mash them, then add salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, scallions, and Chinese cabbage if you like. Mix thoroughly the ingredients and meat filling, and then add two spoonful of water if necessary. In a big bowl, add water to flour gradually. Mix and knead by hand to soft dough, then cover it with towel and put it aside for about an hour. Scatter some dry flour on the board, knead and roll it into a sausage-like dough about 5 centimeters in diameter, then chop it into small pieces. Press each piece with your hand and get a pancake. Finally, you should hold the pancake with your palm and put the filling in the center and wrap it into half-moon shaped and seal the edges. Put the dumplings into boiling water, when it is well cooked, it is ready to be served. However, before eating, you need to prepare some small dishes to contain the mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil or pepper oil to suit your own taste.

oh so it's a dumpling. i love dumplings. i haven't tasted those that were cooked in boiling water or steamed, i've only eaten those that are fried. but i'm willing to try. thanks for the recipe. but want i want to eat right now is noodles, those that can be found on noodle stands and eat it using chopsticks. i have my own chopsticks brought by my younger when he went to china for a math competition.

and there's one more thing that's in season today here in our country. it's mangoes season here and our mango tree is blossoming already (and we can see some fruits growing right now). our helper at home got some of the green mangoes and served it with shrimp paste (we call it bagoong here). man, it's so delicious, i can't believe it's been a long time since i've had this craving. people say only pregnant women only have cravings for green mangoes and shrimp paste, but i'm a guy and i'm not pregnant so i'm a living proof that it's not true. hehe. :(

hmm thats true that everyone of us is uniqe and have diffrent taste of food..like Im only 15 years old then I usally like something sweet things.. like ice-cream or pizza or some hamburgers :(..But If we talk about normal food that I like to eat smashed patatoes with mashroom suice :(.. Just love such kind of food and specialy if it is served in one of my favorite places "Lido" (it's huge old-school restaurant in latvia)..Nice choose of you all here :(

The best food in the world is Haggis! IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! unfortunately it is so hard to find some one who knows how to make it right, here in Canada neway, mmmmmmmmmmmm so good.

Edited by PIPER-4-HIRE (see edit history)

Where im from that is nigeria.. there this a type of food that we eat and it is called 'jullof' it is gorgousit is rice that is made with pepper and everything and it is delicious everyone shud try it

i think different people always prefer different food.you should sharing with us... :(

may be u have heard of the food jiao zi comes from my nation China,which is a tradional food.usually chinese people eat jiaozi in chinese new year called spring festival.people always celebrate the coming of new year and family reunited.by the way,jiao zi is made by flour and includs multifarious stuffing,taste very very good...it is my favorite food!

hope you have a try.Bear in mind,chinese food -jiao zi. :(

I like jiao zi, too.

I also like-

Sushi

Udon

Soba

Ra-men

Pasta

Pies

@ Dokudami SushiSushiSushiSushi!! awsome!!!!!!i absoloutly love sushi!! it is the best allot of people think it is nasty but it isn't!! lol it is accutly verry good..but i also like basicly anything except german food..i personally think that is nasty..what i find myself contantly having is chicken rice, and chicken brest barbequed with a ton of barbeque sauce!! that will satisfy me for a long time!!

My favourite fast food would be: McDonalds, Kfc, Burger King, A&W, And Pizza, Schwarrma, Garlic potatoes and Garlic sauce "I know a great Labanise" place near where I live. I love to eat Hamburgers and Hotdogs and anything that would be considered fast food. But only as a treat every so often.

My favorite food is Oysters. If I had to order a last supper it would be:

Pan-fried breaded oysters

spinach soufle'

sweet potatoes

and for dessert double fudge brownie topped with ice cream

There isn't many a food I don't like, however, raw fish is one. I like all ethnic recipes from Italian to Cantonese and everything in between. Maybe that is why I am overweight. Or is it that I am just to short? I love all sorts of seafood, having been born in California, USA, so near all the lovely restaurants in San Francisco and Monterey. Crab salad is a real favorite and abalone is another. Well I could go on, but I have made myself hungry. TaTa for now. :(