xisto Community
brainet

Is It True Or Hoax Gmail Service Shutting Down? donotreply@gmail.com

i Just Got this email From "Donotreply@gmail.com"

Hello,
Your Email address is : XXXX@gmail.com

We are going to shut down our services as of MARCH 1 st but we can be running if you do use a favor and go here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And Click on all The Links
Once a 1000 Links have Been Clicked on we will continue our Excellent service
Thanks,
Your Email Provider

Notice from jlhaslip:
quote tags should be used here, please
Notice from BH:
Topic title changed.

is it true or HOAX?
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

HOAX. Do you really think that Gmail would do such a thing? I mean, do you think that Google of all people would ask you to click 1000 links? Not considering the fact that the link doesn't work.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

It has HOAX written all over it.To begin with, gmail has your name, so why wouldn't they personalize it? It is a scam to get you to click 1000 links to generate traffic is all.

lol, i got such mails from google and similar ones from microsoft.com tooand everyone knows that microsoft does mail anyone and so its gotta be a hoax and i think similar is the case with googleso dont get worried by these, they just belong to the spam folder

lol, i got such mails from google and similar ones from microsoft.com too
and everyone knows that microsoft does mail anyone and so its gotta be a hoax and i think similar is the case with google
so dont get worried by these, they just belong to the spam folder

:lol: D-uh! THIS IS A HOAX buddy, just ignore this kinda junk, Gmail usually filters this stuff out :P

Oh yeah. Hoax is stamped all over it. Stamped with spam left, right, up, and down. :lol: Just delete it. It is an easy way to get traffic. A lot of people will click. Maybe there is also a Trojan or Malware too. I would stay away from it and contact Gmail and google right away. they need to delete this email right away. If I owned google, I would weed out these emails. Make it so that email address like noreply and admin couldn't be created.

but you have to think about the humours side of this someone was able to make that email account and acctually use it.but yeah only a computer illerate would fal lfor that.

Hoax. Google would never refer to themselves as Your Email Provider, have such shoddy grammar and spelling and write their letters in an informal style.

Remember, google's a multi-billion dollar industry and if they did want money, they wouldn't do it through gmail emails.

This is a hoax. There is no way that Google would want you to click an external link just to keep Gmail running. Besides I think that Google would use a corporate address rather than a Gmail address to send out such an important message. Besides that I never got that message so there is one more nail in the coffin for this lie. If you get this message its spam and mark it as that.

It's obviously a scam. Report it, I'd say. On another note, I highly doubt the egotistical Google would call themselves "Your Email Service Provider". They stamp GOOGLE or GMAIL all over it and often use graphics when emailing with their logo. :lol:

Oh yeah. Hoax is stamped all over it. Stamped with spam left, right, up, and down. :lol: Just delete it. It is an easy way to get traffic. A lot of people will click. Maybe there is also a Trojan or Malware too. I would stay away from it and contact Gmail and google right away. they need to delete this email right away. If I owned google, I would weed out these emails. Make it so that email address like noreply and admin couldn't be created.

I clicked the link in the quoted email, and from what it seems, that site doesn't even exist. That further promotes the fact that it is a hoax.

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet. But any emails I get from google regarding my gmail account or gmail in general alwas come from someone @google.com, not @gmail.com