xisto Community
Kubi

Problem With Cd/dvd Drives Wont read CDs

A simple way to find out if it's the drive, cables etc. is to use someone elses PC. Take your cables and drives out of your PC and get a friend to put them into theirs. If they work, it's your motherboard or power supply, but if they don't its the cable or drives. Try swapping the cables to another one and see if that helps.

KUBI,The best you can make to check it the problem is HW or Software relatede is try to boot yout unit thru the Windows xp cd.... If unit boots means that the DVDRW unit is working fine and the problem is some software you?ve installed. If during boot unit don?t read it could be DVDRW failure.You can also try to change the IDE channels from the HDD to the DVDRW,if unit don?t boot after you maded this change it could be two problems:first IDE channel that its damaged,second could be only a IDE cable problem.update me on this okregs,

cd/dvd rip problemProblem With Cd/dvd Drives

when ever I start riping from a CD my disk drive it starts riping but with a great great noise and then it does not rip fully and stops and starts again to rip the second /next one can some body help me to detect the problem

-question by sukhpal

For myself,I never burn music using a dvd burner.I've seen toomany dvd discs that just don't play on other systems.I always burn music using a cd burner and these discsalways play on other computers or stereos with no problemwhatsoever.

New Power Supply, But my cd drive will not work.Problem With Cd/dvd Drives

I have plugged everything up like it is susposed to be.  Here are my specs.

HP - a6750y AMD Phenon™ 9650 Quad-core Processor 2.30GHz 8.00GB 64 - bit Operating System  Running Vista Home Premium SP1

The new power supply   Apevia 680W Beast

Everything else works just fine, but it is like my CD drive is not getting any power.  My drive is a LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive / CD-Writer

I do not know what to do...  I'm lost.. Any information would be helpful.

-question by Nikki