xisto Community
dontmaimyourself

Google To Take On Geocities Google Page Creator

Google Pages is still a Beta. When we got GMail as a beta there was no special features but now it has lots of features and more are yet to be added. So like wise Google wilkl add advanced options and many features into Google Pages as times goes by.

I was just going to post a topic about this. I think it's great, and I actually hope Google will start a real hosting company (hehe, I'm sure it will be cheap)

Something funny is when you try to use the editor in another browser, such as Opera, which doesn't have rich text editors. This is the message you get:

Our programming wizards tried their darndest to get Google Page Creator to work with as many browsers as possible. But alas, even the most expert practitioners of web sorcery must sleep now and again, lest their JavaScript magic run dry.

Hey one question.Is Google Pages a free webhosting service provided by Google or it's just a simple web-based HTML editor that will not be saved in Google server? The way you guys decribed seemed like it's a free webhosting service. If that's the case, I think all webhosting companies are in trouble including Xisto. Definately Google will make that service free of charge.

Yeah tried it, but it said I have to be put on a waiting list :P I wish there was some way I could try it now, but I have to wait :P Can you give out invites to it or something :lol: That would be nicew. But then again, the service would be flooded with people in no time.I think it will be a good service at min. Google always out does itself. It won't be the best, but still good. No other free service offer templates. And we all know that. I think it will be good.

Right so a few small things here, ok:Firstly: The problems I was experiencing in Firefox, now seem to have been fixed.Secondly: I found a link to delete files, so they can be removed. (its the little bin icon after the size, btw)p.s.I know I could have stuck this at the end of my first post, but its getting kind of large and I felt this wouldn't get the attention it deserved hidden at the bottom of a large post. (if this is wrong feel free to merge the two, and point this out to me so it won't happen again)

hey it is realy good. u find a very easy step to make a web page. but can u tell me how to download this google service. is it downloadable or not. if it is then give me the link from which i can download this service. and u are saying that it is all free. is that right ? is google providing sample templates also.plz tell me. i will be waiting for ur reply.

Hey vikrant!
It is a free service! But you cant download any program...It is a service.
if you will go to the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ then you'll be able to use the service...but at this point of time...its signups is closed...so you wont be able to use it!
However, you can try blogger.com and open up a blog for yourself!

So it's a webhosting service from google or it's just a webpage creator, just like Frontpage but done on the web?If it's really a hosting service, then Xisto might be in trouble. Anyway I don't think google will provide special functions like cPanel, MySQL, or even PHP as that probably will take up a whole lot of their resources for the huge number of its subscribers. But anyway, if Gmail makes it all the way up, why not its webhosting service?

So it's a webhosting service from google or it's just a webpage creator, just like Frontpage but done on the web?If it's really a hosting service, then Xisto might be in trouble. Anyway I don't think google will provide special functions like cPanel, MySQL, or even PHP as that probably will take up a whole lot of their resources for the huge number of its subscribers. But anyway, if Gmail makes it all the way up, why not its webhosting service?

It is a webhost and a webpage creator. When you make your page it is automaticaly put in your page area and you can choose to publish it to the internet. The pages you make actually look quite decent. Also, you are right they do not provide anything extra just hosting space and a way to make a page. It really is a good service though I made a page and was quite impressed with it.

Only a measly space of 100MB? *cough* Darn... Strange though... They provide a huge amount of space for email, which rarely ends up needing it. Then, they provide a measly 100MB for webhosting. Webhosting needs more than that 100MB. :) Well, it's good to know they aren't providing ads. I was starting to think that they'll put up their Adsense ads when they get a web hosting service. I guess I was wrong; though I knew that Google HAD to put up this kind of service someday... It's the start of the Google domination! @_@

Sounds great! Too bad the accounts are closed for now, but...if you have an account with T17 already, you could always install any of the CMS programs provided via Fantastico.

Googlepages! 50% of times the websites are down. Some glitches in WISGYS editor. and lot more. Beta is a beta. May be we should stick to Xisto for the moment...

This sounds cool, and probably has a good future just like all the google services have. They are always succesful, the only thing I wonder is, Where do they get all the money to do these sort of things? How can they provide so much email space to so many people, besides the videos, satelite, maps, and now hosting?