xisto Community
TheDarkLord

Science Fair ... Uh Oh ...

Two days ago, at our school, we had the annual science fair. This girl in my class got first place in our school (big whoop :huh:)... and ... I didnt even get honorable mention ... Honorable Mention is 80 and up, and I didnt get it. Im an A+ student, and now when I dont get a bloody certificate, or my name on the list, everyone will think im just ur average dumb person.... HEELLPPP... MEEEE...

And your point is? What do you want. Mental help? Help with your grades? Support? You didn't really say what you want. I am also a student that almost NEVER goes below a B. But it happens. I think you are putting to much strain on yourself and saying you have to achieve so high when you don't. Not that you want to be a bad student. continue what you are doing, but don't kick yourself if you are not "The Best" all of the time. It happens. Good luck with it.

wow u are socked that you didn't win a science fair lol. I get A's and B's and i am like the party kind of guy just hang out with girls go to wild parties and have the best time i can and wining a science fair is a huge thing and if someone doesn't win none thinks your dumb i bet you are the only one that thinks that way. as the Jamaicans say ?take it eeeeasy maan? :huh:

I love science, and I usually get A's and B's. I don't have to do the science fair anymore. However, when I did have to do it (in elementary school...they don't make us do it anymore in higher grades for some reason) I never got anywhere near placing. I love science, but I always did horrible in the science fair. I never liked the science fair.However, I wouldn't worry about not getting honorable mention. You shouldn't be considered an "average dumb person" just because of that. What you should do is not put so much pressure on yourself, and don't worry about what other people think of you. I used to worry about that stuff, but it never did me any good. Just relax and don't worry about it.

However, I wouldn't worry about not getting honorable mention. You shouldn't be considered an "average dumb person" just because of that. What you should do is not put so much pressure on yourself, and don't worry about what other people think of you. I used to worry about that stuff, but it never did me any good. Just relax and don't worry about it.

Gosh, you're so right, Hamtaro. Especially in scientific directions, grades hardly mean anything. You simply can't assess anyone's originality this way.

Juzst be yourself, and THINK, I'd say. The most beautiful reward is to enjoy this wonderful gift that is thinking. The ugliest is to compare yourself with others.

Cheers, all :huh:

Dude, its just the science fair. There will be a lot more of them before you graduate high school. No one will think you're stupid because you didn't get an 80 in it. I've gotten so many certificates and ribbons and the odd medal with my name on it that none of them even matter anymore. You'll get over it. Just don't push yourself too hard..

What is happening to you is not really a big deal. From the sound of it this science fair does not count as a grade. You should not be mad just because you didn't get a peice of paper or your name written on a peice of paper. We have to do a learning fair and it is a big part of our grade. The only reason we do it is so we can get a better grade in the newspaper. Just me you have it better than you think.

No, no, no, people, its not that I wanted 1, 2, or 3rd place. Its that we have this thing called Honorable Mention, and that is for people who get over 80%. And besides me, there were only 1 or 2 other people who didnt, so now people will look down on me and think im in the 'loser crowd'.

Well if it was me I wouldn't really care. I normally get good grades as well and when I do bad or something or someone gets a grade higher than mine they will make fun of me and stuff but it really isn't that big of a deal. Instead I look at it as if they are so happy because they finally beat me meaning you do real well and it is an accomplishment to beat you. Just try harder next year is all I can really say. It won't last long, soon you will start doing better than them again and things will go back to normal.

maybe you should concider talking to someone? such as whoever was in charge of the science fair, because even if you didn't get 80 on it...you shoulld still have gotten some kind of reward, lol even if it was as small as a certificate saying you did it and got somthing for it.. i know at my school they would have given some award like that..although at my school the expectations for passing is so ubeliveably low that a donkey could pass every class.

Well, don't push it too hard against yourself. We all get a little lower grade every once in a while. People won't shun you. As a matter a fact, most people don't like smart people because they thing they are stuck up or too good to hang out with other people. You didn't win the science fair, so what. There will be others. And if your friends laugh or make fun of you, it just goes to show how good of friends they are. And I let people know if they are not acting in a kind way. So lighten up. :lol: