xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

The New Edit Feature Is Now Available For All. please be patient until further notice

this feature is someone make lots of request.and i think it's nice for that regreting the words posting some seconds ago.it's a little function but it shows the convienence for using the forum.

Great advance! I needed this feature :) I tend to make posts and then I read myself and it looks very stupid most of the times, because I use words that don?t really exist or I mispell or whatever. :rolleyes: I thought it was impossible to do because of the credits count, but at last is here!

I'm so happy! There wasn't an edit button the entire time I've been around, but I still felt kind of lost without it. I would finish the post, and think of something really great to add (okay, so it probably wasn't really great, but you get the drift!) but then couldn't do it without annoying the mods. I didn't want to do that, so I'd wait around for someone to reply, so I could add it into my next reply of the thread. This makes things so much better! I'm happy that it's here, and hopefully it can't be abused, and we can keep it :rolleyes:Thanks for always making this place better!

I believe it does. I not really sure though. That is why the edit button was taken away in the first place, because people would make huge spamming posts and then use the edit button to make it look decent but the credits wouldn't be recalculated but I believe now it does.

Um, I'm very new here, and this brings up a question for me. Does the length of a post have anything to do with getting credits? I read in the rules that you were supposed to make a 'real' post, and not just a smiley or a few words. I tend to be very chatty on forums, and make pretty long posts quite a bit. I don't want them to be considered 'spam' just because I'm chatty. I'm extremely talkative in person, but I have Social Anxiety Disorder, which makes it very hard for me to associate with people in person, so I tend to be talkative online, even though I am a slow typist, and only use 3-4 fingers when typing, lol. Are long posts considered 'spamming'?

love the new edit button - especially since I am always and forever misspelling things. This is the third time I edit this post. And I only wrote three lines.Preview is your friend, but in the heat of the battle...

Edited by OCAC (see edit history)

Z0MG! The moderators nightmare is OVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Now we can answer reports that deal with SPAM! Not editing posts! YAH!/me kisses <insert name>'s shoes! Thank you for adding this! -gasp-.

well its not all over :huh:cause their are still people who are spamming, and then we get those annoying pm's of reports... i allready have about 30 in my inbox now <<.

well its not all over :huh:cause their are still people who are spamming, and then we get those annoying pm's of reports... i allready have about 30 in my inbox now <<.

Welcome to the real world of moderators, wassie! The spamming and trouble never ends.
(If I haven't learnt that enough many times from being a twice-admin and once mod of (now dead) forums...)