xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

The New Edit Feature Is Now Available For All. please be patient until further notice

As it stands, the current new edit feature (for the new upgraded board Invision v 2.1.4) is only available to those who are hosting with Xisto.com. now available for all the members! All non-hosting members should continue to use report feature to request for your post edit or modification. This is another privilege of being hosted by Xisto.com. This may or may not be permanent. However, this is how it is for now.

Thank you.

PS thank you dodgerblue and delivi for bring this to my attention.

NOTE ~OpaQue~ : Its now enabled for both Hosted Group and Member Group.

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)

As it stands, the current new edit feature (for the new upgraded board Invision v 2.1.4) is only available to those who are hosting with Xisto.com. All non-hosting members should continue to use report feature to request for your post edit or modification. This is another privilege of being hosted by Xisto.com. This may or may not be permanent. However, this is how it is for now.
Thank you.

PS thank you dodgerblue and delivi for bring this to my attention.

Thanks guys! I tried it out on my Open Source topic, just to make sure that it worked. Does this feature also bring in the credit recalculatioon formula?

I believe it does. I not really sure though. That is why the edit button was taken away in the first place, because people would make huge spamming posts and then use the edit button to make it look decent but the credits wouldn't be recalculated but I believe now it does.

Very nice OpaQue. You probably saved another 100 new topics within the next couple months wondering where the edit button is. :rolleyes:

i'm glad we can now edit our post. Well the selective few here. lol. Well i shouldn't say few. lol. Thanks for giving us that option of editing our post.i feel like there's going to be more drama. Its like someone said something and it started a heated conversation and then some how they changed their post to something else and then later go back and deny that they didn'st say that. lol.

Glad to hear that the edit button is available. At least now I have a chance to look over my posts, edit and re-submit them in case I made a major grammar/spelling/repetition error.

it has been frustrating to not be able to edit posts sometimes, removing it entirely in the first place seems to have been a bit heavy handed, perhaps if there are still issues in the future editing could be removed from just the users that aren't behaving properly.

That is why the edit button was taken away in the first place, because people would make huge spamming posts and then use the edit button to make it look decent but the credits wouldn't be recalculated but I believe now it does.

You nor I were here when the edit button was originally taken away, but the reason why it was is in my quote above. It was the abusing of the system so OpaQue recoded it to change the credit count once an edit was made.

yeah!! we can edit posts now! yehaa! no more reporting my spelling erros to the mods and having them fix it i can do it myself! lol neways its good its finally up, now were just waiting for the shout box to get back up woot! good job again OpaQue