xisto Community
SoCalAztec

Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 The good and bad about each

As of right now, the PS3 should be considered vaproware. Their new ystem calls for a Blu-Ray drive, but Blu-Ray hasnt been decided on as the new standard yet, and they dont have enough to send out to consumers who wat the drives, and consumers who want the PS3....I am looking forward to seeing the CELL processor in action though....After ive heard such good things about it....

Yes and everyone wanted to see Sony's Emotion Engine in action too along with the Toy Story like graphics. What a huge disappointment that turned out to be. I'm not going to hold my breath for the cell processor. Sony has a reputation for hyping things up and then letting gamers down. I will reserve my judgement for when they actually release the PS3.

Once again Sony shows their true colours. The first ACTUAL screenshots of a PS3 game have been released but they were taken down shortly after (maybe at Sony's request?). At any rate, here's a little comparison of graphics:

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom on PS3

Posted Image

Oblivion on 360

Posted Image

Untold Legends on PS3:

Posted Image

Condemned on 360

Posted Image

Untold Legends on PS3:

Posted Image

Fight Night: Round 3 on 360

Posted Image

Once again the Playstation disappoints.

That doesn't make any sense, the PS3 graphics card hasn't even been completed yet, how could they release screenshots? The Xbox would have been if not for that fact that its release was pushed. The last screenshot reminds me of something. They are thinking of designing a physics engine that would actually calculate punches on a face, like real neck snap back, salivia flying, and damage. We already have he hardware for really advanced games, its just the game itself that needs to be improved. You cannot really compare the Xbox 360 with the PS3 from some screenshots without proper grounds. What you are comparing is graphic quality of the games, i sincerely think that most stations are on an equal playing field hardware wise.

If that is true then it proves my point even more, if it's a render off a computer, how can it compare to one on a box. Isn't there a big difference? Then what your looking at would be a computer preview and not the actual boxes preview.

there both gonna be really good and powerful systems. I would think the ps3 will not have as many problems as the xbox did when it first came out. But i could be wrong. I heard the ps3 has some really nice specs. I cant wait until it comes out to see what it can really. Overall the systems will both probally be around the same i think.

The 360 screenshots are screenshots from the 360, not computer rendered. Sony are the kings of computer rendered screenshots (that's all they dished out at E3). All I can tell you is that the Untold Legends screenshots are ingame screenshots from the PS3 and that they were hastily taken down shortly after they were posted. You can complain all you like about the PS3 not being released... too early to tell... or that they are running the game off a PC (even if they are then that should make them look better than on a PS3) but the fact is, the game just plain and simple looks crap (comparitively speaking). I'm not holding my breath for the PS3. That said, I'm sure we will get one, I just won't be at all surprised if it's a big let down.

Well I am definiately no doubt about it an XBOX fan...but after this xbox 360 *BLEEP* with all of the glitches and getting sewed...id go for the ps3...also the xbox magazines are now making more ads for the xbox 360 rather than the xbox...this is a problem because the original xbox is the product that the majority of the world has...but i think im guna stay with the XBOX for a while...PS..im a true PC fan lol...but XBOX RULES!!!

hi right i am using play station 2 buti am plannig to buy a playstation 3.but i dont know about the games which can run on playstation 3 so anybody can sugess me about the new games comming. specially about the mortal combat, def jam fighters and about WWE games. i heard about the day of reckoning but it is not in the market. plzz tell me then on which i can buy it online.

hi right i am using play station 2 buti am plannig to buy a playstation 3.but i dont know about the games which can run on playstation 3 so anybody can sugess me about the new games comming. specially about the mortal combat, def jam fighters and about WWE games. i heard about the day of reckoning but it is not in the market. plzz tell me then on which i can buy it online.

Vikrant Arora, be careful as your post might be considered spam. This thread is not about what games are good or where to get them. It's about 360 versus PS3.

And is everyone ignoring my posts or something, because I'm yet to see anyone give up a good argument for or against what I've said.

As of right now, the PS3 should be considered vaproware. Their new ystem calls for a Blu-Ray drive, but Blu-Ray hasnt been decided on as the new standard yet, and they dont have enough to send out to consumers who wat the drives, and consumers who want the PS3....
I am looking forward to seeing the CELL processor in action though....After ive heard such good things about it....

Well, my prediction is that the PS3 WILL be a FLOP.First of all, it runs off of the blu ray, which isnt even the standard fo HD content(Sony is the maker of Blu Ray, not suprisingly). Every proprieatary format that sony has tried to push has failed(betamax- alternative to vhs, minidisc- alternative to cd, memorystick- proprieatary memory card). On top of that, the blue ray doesent even work stabley with the "cell processor" and PS3 might have to be pushed back half a year, which by then the 360 will have the HD-DVD add on, which will most likely be the standard.Second, the PS3 will lose the thing that allowed its predecessor to become the best selling system of all time: its affordability and marketing to a wide range of customers. Ken Kutaragi has even said that the PS3 isnt meant for the blue collar people and low income famlies, but rather to the higher middle class families, and the price definetely shows it.(500 and 600 dollar systems??!??). With the most expensive 360 about 100 and 200 dollars less respectively for each class, sony should rethink their strategy.Sony has made me mad over the years, with their pushing of proprietary formats and forcing their products to use those formats. I was so happy when they annoucned the PSP, but then I waited a few months for the E3 coverage to come out, and I was fuming to hear that it only used memory stick as media for memory. I was dreaming about having music, movies, and high graph. games all in one, but my dreams were shattered. Sony is becoming too greedy, and their profits have been suffering in recent years because of it. Sony should really consider shifting to a different business attitude if they want to have the same support as they had before the new millenium when they were a quality company. As for the PS3, the poor pricing, use their propriatary format, and facing a company that has billions of dollars to piss away(microsoft) on their console, Sony must make some drastic changes if they wish for the PS3 to be salvaged. Time will tell if I am wrong, and the PS3 and blu ray will suceed, but I truly believe that the PS3 will not be nearly as popular as its predecessor, and that this could possibly be the undoing of sony's gaming market, and eventually, sony itself.

The Ps3 has way more features then the 360, and will beat out the 360. First of all, Sony announced at E3 that it will have motion controllers, like the Wii, ehich is a huge selling point. It also has much better graphics and an HD DVD player. If you want to compare them next to eachother, see this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/17/e3-2005-ps3-vs-xbox-360