xisto Community
SoCalAztec

Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 The good and bad about each

First off i own an xbox 360 so i may be biased but i do also own a psp and ps2. Everyone is complaining about these bugs and glitches on the 360 but Microsoft are being very co operative, replacing systems and what not. The systems which are being made now are glitch free and Microsoft last week brought out a new update which ironed out software glitches and generally improved the software.The ps3 may be powerful enough to work pi to 100000000 decimal places or in gaming case, provide lifelike graphics but who says that game developers are going to design games with lifelike graphics and use all that processor speed, maybe some will but how much will that game cost if current gen games are ?35-?40 360 games are ?50-?60 a game which is such a development on 360 and current gen games will take much more time, resources and money to make so a ps3 game which is this new big thing in theory should be ?60-?80. In my opinion the ps3, graphics wise will be the same as 360 and the same features wise baring motion controllers if they are used.

Though they will have the same graphics initially, I think the 360 will be crippled in the long run with Microsoft's choice not to use Blu-ray or HD-DVD technology. The PS3 thus has more capability of outputting better games in the long run.

Well how about the fact that the cell processor is seriously screwed?

Read an article here

Or how about this bombshell:

Posted Image

Look closely at Local Memory read and as Sony put it "no, this isn't a typo..." Oh dear!

And as for Sony's controller having motion tracking - woopie. It's a novelty that could be easily replicated by other consoles, shown exactly by the fact that Sony ripped it off Nintendo.

Personally I'd wait for the PS3 to come out before judging... but given that games keep improving as the years go buy... the 360 will be at an disadvantage EVENTUALLY since it isn't using blue ray discs - and from I hear FFXIII will be on the PS3 exclusively because it requires the space of a blue ray disc (now this may be a marketing strategy for the ps3)... but EVENTUALLY the 360 will be at a downfall... don't think it'll be soon or anything

The Ps3 has way more features then the 360, and will beat out the 360. First of all, Sony announced at E3 that it will have motion controllers, like the Wii, ehich is a huge selling point. It also has much better graphics and an HD DVD player. If you want to compare them next to eachother, see this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/17/e3-2005-ps3-vs-xbox-360

First of all, the PS3 does not use HD-DVD, it uses blu ray, which is a sony proprieatary format. All sony formats in history have failed to get popular support. Second, it isnt that hard to make motion controllers for xbox if anyone really wants it(personally, I think it is just another one of sony's gimmicks. But I do admit that motion controllers would be cool on the Wii, which has games like mario). And Third, the X360 can match up with any thing the PS3 can do, even the E3 shots show it. All of your arguments are just the words of a PS fanboi. Do some research before you say something foolish and make your self look stupid.

I've played on a 360, and was impressed by how much better the graphics are; however, I can not wait until the PS3 comes out. I've heard so many rumors about different features and things that will be on it, and to tell you the truth, it has all gotten me excited. I've seen videos from E3 and have read numerous articles on it, and specifics-wise, I feel the PS3 will have a slight edge over the 360. That is just my opinion though. We will just have to wait and see abou that with the launch of the PS3.

Well for me it all depends on which games you are into. I myself have Xbox360 and all of its games out but for me Xbox has games that Play Station 3 wont have and vice versa. Play Station 3 will have it Racing games and Final Fantasy games and others like Tony Hawk. Xbox 360 has its Halo games and others so for me I will be getting PS3 also. Each console that will ever be made will not always have the same games on the other consoles so if you like both sets of games for each console get both. Since Sony has taken a turn into releasing their new system they have a big advantage on releasing there console with games since they already can see how Xbox 360 has there games.

Though they will have the same graphics initially, I think the 360 will be crippled in the long run with Microsoft's choice not to use Blu-ray or HD-DVD technology. The PS3 thus has more capability of outputting better games in the long run.

But microsoft ARE bringing out a hd dvd drive which will be used for games in the futre, i think one of the main reasons that microsoft didnt go with hd dvd in the first place is because they didnt want to do a sony and run into problems, i think it was a wise decision, they had issues with the console using normal cds but imagine the kind of problems which would arise in regard to using a new format aswell.

Well for me it all depends on which games you are into. I myself have Xbox360 and all of its games out but for me Xbox has games that Play Station 3 wont have and vice versa. Play Station 3 will have it Racing games and Final Fantasy games and others like Tony Hawk. Xbox 360 has its Halo games and others so for me I will be getting PS3 also. Each console that will ever be made will not always have the same games on the other consoles so if you like both sets of games for each console get both.

Since Sony has taken a turn into releasing their new system they have a big advantage on releasing there console with games since they already can see how Xbox 360 has there games.

Yeah that is also my thinking. I play Socom and NBA Live right now on PS2, and Halo sometimes on XBOX. If the games were to be on the opposite consoles, they wouldn't be the same. My thought is that XBOX could not reproduce the Socom style of game, and Playstation could definitely not reproduce Halo. Live, however, is on both systems.

So, in other words, yes both systems will have their positives and negatives, but what makes a system a success is the the quality of its games.

Yeah that is also my thinking. I play Socom and NBA Live right now on PS2, and Halo sometimes on XBOX. If the games were to be on the opposite consoles, they wouldn't be the same. My thought is that XBOX could not reproduce the Socom style of game, and Playstation could definitely not reproduce Halo. Live, however, is on both systems.
So, in other words, yes both systems will have their positives and negatives, but what makes a system a success is the the quality of its games.

I know so they are both the best in different ways and that is how it will always be while competing. Doesn't bother me gives me a chance to trying out new controls and styles of more consoles for I don't get stuck using the same one if it had all the games. Brings more fun into the gaming world I think.

I was talking to one of my friends and he heard that the reason tht they r waiting to release PS3 is becasue the graphics are gunna be so good they have not found a good enough programs to make the games yet. they are supposed to look like real life not jus a bunch of shapes that are put together. he makes games in school and he takes him about 30minutes per character in ps2 quality but when he says it would take him like a week because all the characters will be hand drawn b4 they are added to the game to make them personalized i personally think that u should wait for ps3

forget it i would choose the xbox 360 cause i have 1 and u make free live accounts and get 1 month free so u could then make 100 accounts and then have 100 free months of live and then delete the old account and then make the same account and get another month free of gold! and also HALO 3 what do u think would u want 2 get a game that is the best game for the xbox with crazy graphics on the 360 or do u want a system full of japanese games which are *BLEEP* cause all they have are gay like monster games and stuff like fighting asian *BLEEP* or xbox 360 u get 2 play Gears of War, Halo 3 and tones of other great shooting games that they are going 2 make! so u choose Xbox 360 or Ps3. My opinion would be xbox 360 cause i have 1 and it rocks and alot my 360 works perfect no glitches no lag and its just the best system and i cant w8 for Halo 3 when it comes out!

If you have to choose between PS3 and XBOX360, I base my decision on a number of things.Games - Which one has better games that appeal to your liking?Cost - Are you looking for a console that is cheap, or are you willing to spend a lot of money?Graphics - If you really want a console, I would at least glance at this topic.Competition - Is there ANY other console that is better?Power - Self explanatory.Screen Resolution - Don't want it to be blurry, do we?Online Capabilities - XBOX has XBOX Live...what will PlayStation have?But it's still your choice...I would choose the XBOX360 on a count of the money, because I would buy an iPod video on the side with the spare money that I didn't spend on the PS3. But that's ONLY my decision... tongue.gif

Both the xbox 360 and the ps3 are good consoles, however the xbox 360 has so many bugs right now, it's not funny. The xbox 360 is not even a full next-gen console, the ps3 and revolution are going to be much faster and are going to have way better gaming capabilities.

XBOX306 for life

Online Capabilities - XBOX has XBOX Live...what will PlayStation have?

Well, probably what they had before, free service that tacks on only to your ISP bill if you don't have a flat rate service.

Did any of you read what I wrote?! Look at this picture carefully. It's of a slideshow put on by Sony so the information comes from Sony:

Posted Image

Look at the Cell (Read) and under Local Memory. It says 16MB/s and as Sony so nicely put's it "no, this isn't a typo...."

The Cell processor is seriously broken!!