xisto Community
SoCalAztec

Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 The good and bad about each

^^^ I agree with you completely, but this just make it insane to buy a PS3 now, i mean the price is high and the games are the same as a cheaper console. Now i can see getiing a ps3 in a good few months / year, they may be cheaper and the games will ***Maybe*** be better than the 360's but untill the :blink::wacko: ;)It is BADGEISM ;)

well the ps3 basically is more or less a little upgrade from the xbox 360. It's got a blu ray drive they say all games from ps2 and 2 work. They are doing something different with their hard drives. But the price is just to much. Between the 2 i would probably say the 360. Because it is a lot cheaper.

Yup, exactly right, maybe by next september october time, the ps3 might be worth it, it, by then may have won the format war and blu ray may have been adopted as the **standard** format, the game developers may start making ps3 specific games, and the ps3 by then may be worth the extra money but now 8) nope!

Notice, there are alot of mays

OMG, this has turned into such a PS3 fanboy thread!The PS3 is NOT an upgrade from the 360 because they end up being both about the same. Sony said the Ps3 would be backwards compatible but now it's been found that it's not. And yes I do know that it is more backwards compatible than the 360 but still not 100%. If you go by statistics, very few people actually take advantage of backwards compatibility anyway. As for blu ray - it's got issues, it's not as nice as they would like to make out (I have seen a side by side comparison). Not to mention that the PS3 only supports 720p or 1080p HDTVs so if you have anything other than this it will downgrade the resolution to 480p.The fact the the PS3 is newer doesn't make it a good thing. It means there are less games for it, it means it's at it's most expensive, it means that there will be problems that haven't been ironed out yet, it means that there aren't second generation games yet (i.e. better games than 1st gen).Stop taking sides and being a 'lame fanboy' by saying one is better than the other when you don't have either, you don't know the facts and your haven't seen both in action.

Like I said, the xbox 360 has too many bugs so i'm not going to get it. The PS3 hasn't come out yet, so I don't know of it's bugs. If bothe the ps3 and 360 have bugs, i'll get a Revolution.

The "bug" argument is now done over. I don't know how authentic the reports are but I can argue first hane that my xbox 360 (this christmas edition) has not frozen, overheated and it has been on many hours solid, being played each day.
The newer models are supposed to run cooler too :P
The graphics are on par
The power is on par, but the xbox 360 system is easier to implement into games rather than the ps3's special cores that have to be run in order, not at the same time. So current games are lacking on the ps3, they should improve with time though.
The online service is much better and the dashboard / desktop idea works really well with everything and the xbox live service. You can access your music / videos easily over a network to play them / listen whilst playing a game.

I'd go with the Xbox 360, its been out for a while, wider game range, most good xbox1 games are backwards compatable (halo2 is only Ł9.99 now!) and its cheaper, plus the controller is better. The ps3 controller is just a remake of the ps2 controller and I can say the xbox 360 is more comfy than the ps2 one :P

I tried to be as even / unbiased as possible for this so it actually means something.!

Well I have a Xbox 360 and i absolutely Love It.I do not know much about the PS3 but iv played it and i do not like the fact that the controller is i guess i would say "Sensitive Controlloing"I dont like this feature.I herd that PS3 Live is also not that great.But what can i say.I dont even own one.But My personal opinion is that the xbox360 is Amazing.But the dash board "Left side screens" are sorta slow in loading.But i think by far......Xbox 360 is the way to go. ;)

i honestly think that you should listen to what your insides say.and yes its the games that matter.ps3 will have god of war 3 and xbox 360 has the awesome gears of war and halo 3.I think this is only up to you and nobody else...listen closely to yourself and ask yourself...what games are you into...-persian

I think that the xbox 360 is better because the ps3 has some bad rumors going around I'm not sure if they are true or not but the one that bothers me the most is that the ps3 only show 30 frames per second other systems show 60 per second-xbox360vsps3

Hmmm I think that both the ps3 and the xbox360 have there good and bad points but in comparison I would say the Ps3 would win because it has better hardware but I think the xbox360 is a lot popular because basiclly its cheaper and the graphics dont look that much different I currently own an xbox360 and its pretty enjoyable but im going to get a Ps3 for christmas. So in terms of sales I would say xbox360 wins.

The majority of this thread screams out fanboy all over... just like every other thread on this topic.

I actually took a look at the hardware specifications many, many times. I've actually posted about them several times in multiple fan boy threads. Yet people don't seem to realize that both consoles are very much the same, albeit a possible bit of performance in the PS3's favor. (Then again, from what I hear, the PS3 suffers from stutters in frame rates with certain games.)

The PS3 uses a seven-cell processor (out of which the PS3 only uses six, with the seventh disabled to reduce costs) while the Xbox 360 uses three processors, all split as dual core processors. The PS3 utilizes the RSX GPU, which is comparable to the Xbox 360's Xenos GPU. (The RSX is slightly better in performance, but the Xenos design allows - if I remember correctly - for an on-die cache of smart eDRAM, similar to how AMD removes the Northbridge step, for faster processing and rendering of data.)

Each console has its flaws. I hate my XBox 360 because the friggin' thing died on me via the infamous red ring of death... hardware failure. In my opinion, if you pay $400 for a console system, you should be getting something that works. It's good to know that Microsoft has extended the warranties and taking in consoles for repair, but we really should have to worry about that.

The PS3 suffers from a varied number of things, from stuttered frame rates to outright crashes. The first batch was disastrous with PS3's failing outright, but like I said, both consoles have their horrendous flaws...

Which leaves the Wii with broken china and televisions, but then again, the problem exists with the bio-interface and not the hardware. :)

Both consoles are virtually the same. The game library is larger for the 360 because it's been out for a year longer, plus it's harder to develop games for the PS3 (as they have to be designed to utilize the six out of the seven cores in the cell processor). Other than that, I don't see any arguing point as to which system is better, hardware-wise. (I still think the PS3 would be overpriced as a gaming console, but then again you are getting a BluRay player.)

Until we actually can run benchmarking software to see how both systems relate, there isn't really a way to tell if either system is ultimately better.

And of course, if one is better, how much better is it? And does it justify the cost?

P.S. If I may be wrong about the hardware assumptions that I made with the processors or the GPUs of either system, please correct me. :D

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

Speaking as a gamer here is my as unbias as I can make it viewsRight I think for now you are better off with the 360. it has more and better games and a more developed online and it noticabily cheaper however, the xbox is designed to last 3-5 years however the PS3 is designed to last 10 years.As for the above complaint that 360 has many bugs, if you it from before say christmas it's likely to break however, the newer model should work finepersonally if I could only have 1 i'd keep the 360. Luckily I don't have to make te choice :D:)

yeah i'm sort of in the same boat as far as trying to decide which one i want to spend my money on. i've always loved the playstation consoles and since the ps3 games are on a blu-ray disc the games can be larger... xbox 360 i believe is still using the dvd type disc so the games have to be small enough to fit on that disc. i guess i'll just keep waiting a little while to see if the ps3 can catch up with the xbox360 as far as titles.