xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wild20

How Do You Take A Screenshot? Just wondering.

I searched the forums and could not find anything! This should be in vent, but it is about computers. How do you take a screen shot. I would like to know how to do this in both Windows XP and Windows 95/98. I have been trying to find this, but don't know how. Thanks guys in advance since I know most of you can do this :rolleyes:

I have been using a freeware software named "Oscar Miniclip" for a while and it works great.
Lots of options to allow a great amount of flexibility.
For example: Full screen? partial screen? save format? save location? show mouse or not? Key sequence used? (default is the prtscrn key) and many others.
I highly reccomend getting a copy.

Download Location Here

I know this is about taking a screenshot of something on your desktop or whatever, but why 'doesn't it work with movies :rolleyes: Ive tried it but ofcourse it doesn't work, but is there another option, or is it impossible to take screenshots from movies in win med player for example?

Okay, thank you. This is what I needed. I actually already have the MiniClip. But does it take a screenshot of your screen? And also, with that Prt Sc, does it print the screen, or let you look at it first? This was a big help guys. Thanks :rolleyes:

Print Screen copies a picture of the screen that you can then put into Paint or Word etc. However, PrintScreen makes everything on screen appear. If you'd rather have a picture of only one thing, press Alt-PrintScreen

Actually the print screen key cannot capture movie windows. You've to use special screen capture software or the Screen Capture functionality in the Movie Players like Nero ShowTime, VCDCutter etc.

Actually the print screen key cannot capture movie windows. You've to use special screen capture software or the Screen Capture functionality in the Movie Players like Nero ShowTime, VCDCutter etc.

226257[/snapback]

hmmm thanksss I thought something like that! ahahhaa

Like NDPA said if you use the print screen button, the computer copies it and then you can paste it into Paint. You can then resize it or cut out the parts you would like. If you press the print screen button twice the first one is erased. If you use the program it might be able to save multiple screen shots.

you could also take a screen shot of the opening window only by hold down to ALT and press print screen...another trick i learned is that.. if you want to take a screenshot of a video in window media player.. all you have to do is press control I and it will ask you where you want to save the picture... really easy... it works for all version. =P

jlhaslip had gave a nice link to a freeware program that can do screenshots for you. But if you didn't want to install another program, alternative manual method is also available.Take notice on your keyboard. There's a "Print Screen" button. Press the "Print Screen" button captures that very frame on your screen as soon as you pressed that button. The picture is copied and saved temporary on your computer's memory. Open up Windows Bitmap/Paint or any photo-editing software existing on your computer and paste the picture on it. Then save the document to a JPEG file or any graphic file you desire.Combining "ALT + PrntScrn" button captures the current active window.Pressing only "PrntScrn" button captures the entire screen frame.

Nice i see theres a new skin applied to Xisto forums :rolleyes: Well i didn't know for the ALT+PRTSCR function - i like it...I usually do it so, that i print screen the screen :) and then i paste it to irfan view cos' it can make jpg files in an instant...I think it is the fastest way without using certain other programs than just the regular image viewer and windows..greetz

I have been using the print screen button for a long time. There is one limitation, though, that you cannot capture directshow's screen and so without a proper VFW codec, you will end up capturing a black out screen if you try to capture a shot in Windows media player playing Xvid or DivX or DVD movies. You can work around this by using another media player (a proper media player, I mean, not WMP), say KMP (korean media player). KMP has a built in screen capture function. However, yo capture screen shots from games, you still need other software.

I have been using the print screen button for a long time. There is one limitation, though, that you cannot capture directshow's screen and so without a proper VFW codec, you will end up capturing a black out screen if you try to capture a shot in Windows media player playing Xvid or DivX or DVD movies. You can work around this by using another media player (a proper media player, I mean, not WMP), say KMP (korean media player). KMP has a built in screen capture function. However, yo capture screen shots from games, you still need other software.

You can capture players that are playing video as well. But you need to change some of your Display Settings because your video affects the video buffer, which in turns affecting the screen shooting.

See how you do it here..
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/