xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Get Gmail All GMail members Invited

How did you get GMail Account?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PM me add namanh89@gmail.comi have 100 invite

I want an invite.

I've never used gmail because I never really knew how you went about getting one. I'm assuming by reading these posts you had to be around during beta, and you still have to have invites left to join more people in correct? If anyone cares to invite me I'd be up for a Gmail.

I got my gmail account by a friend in teamspeak, we used to be good buddies we played css bf2 all those cool games together so oneday he ws like man i have 98 gmail invites left anyone here want one! SO i natrually jumped right in! i mean who wouldnt disapprove a gmail invite its like the symbol of superiority like dr. woadhi!

I got gmail account by requesting from someone!
and after that I have many gmail invitations!

I just went through a "GMail swap website" (as you put it.) There's obviously sites where you enter your current email address and somebody sends an invitation to it and there you have a GMail account. The funny thing is that I just did this yesterday, after being without one for so long (a friend sent me an invitation and I accidentally deleted it and lost his email address.)

Edited by brandon10092 (see edit history)

I got mine from ebay, but I got it for free and the person who gave it did not request for any feedback for her account. But back then google only allowed gmail users to have 1-10 invitations so I'm quite lucky to have one since my friends dont have gmail accounts.

I think GMail is not an option to use for private communication because Google's terms and conditions seem to have a backdoor that allows them to collect quite a lot of information - and I am not sure what they do with it. I (mis)use google to send large password encrypted rar-files. But I will never give them any personal information nor use Gmail to write to people I know about subjects of my real life.Just my 50 cents...

Got it in beta, now I send out lots of invites, sometimes even to myself, hehehehhehehehhehe :P Oh, and I don't care a damn what google knows about me. Privacy can also mean having something to hide - my communication can stand the daylight. If google bothers me I'll assassinate the man in charge, is all, hehe.

Edited by ellentemplar (see edit history)

I received an email from a friend at one point, but never managed to sign up within the 50 days before the link expired. I have recently just requested a invitation from this forum, and signed up. I have also added several other emails, as I run some of them to my computer through POP3

I got my Gmail account few weeks after gmail was first released, Begged a friend to give me an invite and after a few days he finally gave in. I ended up selling invites myself to people making a few 100 $ in paypal.

Come on all GMail users share here how you got your GMail accounts. We'll see how most of the GMail IDs are created from.
I registered for GMail in Google Site when it was just out for Beta Testing.  I got an Invitation from Google nearly  8 Months after I've registered. But I felt exclusive in my college and I was the only guy having GMail Account among my friends and their friends circle. Then I started sending Invitations to all my friends and those who asked me for it. Now GMail has become common we can get GMail Invitations from numerous sites and forums. But in those days a person having a GMail Account was considered as someone special.

Come on guys u to share ur experiences and thoughts.

If you have a cell phone You can sign up for one they will send you a text message with a code to enter to get and activate you google mail

I am shocked that I haven't replied to this topic, or maybe it was another gmail topic. Any woo, I remember where I got my gmail account like it was just yesterday; actually it about a year and then some I believe, but I got it from a gmail invitation harvester website. So I grabbed an invite and there I was with a gmail account to send all my spam to MUHAHAHA :), and so that is my story on how I got my gmail account.