xisto Community
illdevilinc

Im Locked Out Of Windows Xp? I own the computer and im locked out

Try the recovery console (reboot and hit r in the BIOS) and see if that fixes it, but it looks like someone/something severely messed up something in the registry. Run a registry repair program and try that out.

ooh i had this issue a while back on oan old laptop and just trying to find a way was so difficult, regardless of how much you say that this is your own pc, people sometimes just restrict themselves to helping if they know how to crack it . Unfortunately I just had to go and pay and have someone do it for me, It really sucked cause I payed like 60 bucks and it took less than 2 minutes set a new password and that was it... I was so mad...

what u got to do is while the computer is starting up press f8 and run it in safe mode and then when you get to the log in scree there should be another account that says administrator click it

When you get into your logon screen, hit ctrl-alt-del (may need to do it a couple times) and it'll bring up the manual login. Type administrator in username and leave the password blank. You should be able to get in that way. Once you're in, go to the accounts thing in control panel or wherever it is and clear the passwords from the accounts you can't get into.

Help - Password forgottenIm Locked Out Of Windows Xp?

Help

I?ve just brought a new MSI Wind Netbook with Windows XP.

Whilst being too busy I changed my LOGON password, and cant fkn remember it ! 

Microsoft want about 50 Pounds to help me !

-reply by Phil

Locked out of XPIm Locked Out Of Windows Xp?

I have the same problem, I am locked out of my computer.  Keeps asking for a password which I don't think that I even had one.  I tried the safe mode thing and it still comes up to the welcome screen asking for a password even in safe mode.  I am frustrated and need help.  How do I fix this? 

-reply by stephanie

try mailing to xp customer care or something like thator try formatting you system i think it will workall the best and also lemme know how did you got it mended...........

try mailing to xp customer care or something like thator try formatting you system i think it will work

all the best and also lemme know how did you got it mended...........

Microsoft support s|_|x However he said in the post his has the recovery disc's but does not want to use them as yet.

Arh this problem again :) I had this problem with my laptop I followed some tutorial on Youtube.com to get my accounts unlocked and it worked. However I would not use Windows XP home as it is rubbish you should get Pro it comes with more things and better performance.

Um but his a question I am not sure if you still have this problem but I will ask anyway.

Do you have access to CMD?

Please reply so I can help you out.
Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

I just ran into that problem myself last night. A couple things i did was i restored my computer a couple days back. to do this restart your PC and when prompted, press the F11 Key. it will take you through the process of restore. after you do that go online and go to Windows.com and click downloads-->Window XP downloads-->Then go to this site(click on Windows Security Essentials) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download on the Download it free* today. follow the steps(they are pretty easy.When your done installing this, run it and it should find and remove any viruses that are intentionally harming your computer.

Take it easy, you can try to unlock your computer with SmartKey Windows Password Recovery software. it is an easy-to-use tool designed for resetting local administrator and user passwords on any Windows system. If you have forgotten your password, or are locked out, or you do not have access to the password of the system.you can get access to your computer with this tool.