xisto Community
EJay

Increasing Amount Of Swearing

Hmmm I believe cursing is a bad way to vent aggression, but it's better then smashing someone to pieces.I noticed that lots of people mention the 'f' word, but lemme tell you this: Here in Holland people have worse things they curse with, like cancer, typhus and all those terrible deceases. Another curse I don't like is God damn. Heh in a way they say "God, please damn me". I found this because in Dutch it's godverdomme (god=god verdom=damn me=me) Really weird though, because they curse at someone or something else and it backfires on them.If I had to choose between cursing with the 'f' word or those mentioned above...

Want my Christian perspective? Too bad, I want to give it anyway. The Bible says that no Guile, or filthy language should come out of our mouths. I believe it. It profits you what? say it with me,... NOTHING! I find it repulsive. and frankly, when I find it on the forums, it makes me want to stop coming. I am admin on another forum, and if it happens, it is dealt with instantly. You get one warn period, then it's an IP ban. I don't tollerate it. Most people find it offensive anyway and it leads to fights, and misunderstandings.Swearing does nobody any good. Some think it makes them feel better, but really, it is just more fuel for the next time the find themselves in a predicement. Language is for immature people who think it makes them hip and makes them feel better. That is all there is about it. You use language, and you can't manage your emotions. It puts you down in society, and it makes people not want to be around you. Just my thought on it.

Oh swearing isn't so bad. What's the difference between saying 'poop' or the expletive version? They both mean the same thing. Why is it decided that even though two words mean the same thing one is a bad word? That just doesn't make any sense. Has anybody really thought about that? I enjoy my vulgar language purely because I don't see it as such. I amuse myself with how offended people get when I swear. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?Do you want to know why bad words ARE bad words? Because one day someone just decided that a word should be bad. Ridiculous.

I have seen small children swear and it irritates because they seem to think it makes them adults. Maybe because their parents are saying things they shouldn't?And lets start washing the mouths of adults with soap when they curse. Maybe they should change first to get the younger people to stop.I have noticed that people who swear often seem to get less respect from mature adults compared to people who don't. The same goes for people who use too much slang.

Maybe this will be redundant, but swearing is a problem today because of all of the above mentioned things going on in the world. Just like the increase in violence. Lack of parental control tho cannot all be attributed to the parents themselves. It is difficult to raise a child in today's world and I am glad I don't have to. What with all the interference parents contend with from outside sources, especially the legal system. You hear constantly about some smart lawyer helping some wise kid sue his/her parents over some petty thing. I don't mean the truely legitimate cases where the child really needs help such as abuse. But, young children seem to get the idea from outside sources that they don't have to "mind" their parents. It probably has to do with a very young person's inablility to really understand circumstances, so they get wild ideas. I can remember when I was raising my teenage daughter. The principal at her school told me he wasn't there to "police" the children when I asked his help in not letting her leave the campus during lunch hour. She was getting into trouble outside school and as a single working parent, I wasn't available. So, she took the principal's answer to mean that she had the right to do as she pleased during school hours. Now, if she got away with defying me about this, she certainly wasn't going to be very mindful of language use either. I didn't tolerate her cursing at home, but I couldn't control her elsewhere. Sometimes you raise your children as right as you can, but the outside worlds seems to interfer with "parental rights" much to often.

I rarely swear, and don't see why there are people who use swearwords as adjectives. When you hear little children swearing, it's worrying to think what future generations are going to be like. I think the reason is due to 1 or more of these 3 reasons.1) Parents swear a lot, children pick it up2) Children hear swearing to television and think it's cool and so pick it u3) Children hear other children they know swearing, and pick it up from them.It's like an endless loop of swearing and it's too late to stop it!

LoL perhaps if people would stop worrying so much about censoring and start worrying more about whether your kid is happy or not it wouldn't be such a problem =)

The worst part is that over using explatives only serves to devalue them. If you go around swearing all the time then when you actually are in a situation that warents using them you're left with powerless junk. It's language inflation. Taking a $5 bill and making it worth 5cents.

yeah ive seen this happening al over the palce in my small town...around 7th grade i picked up swearing... (just felt like swearin more idk lol that was 3 years ago... i think...) and from there i grew up by end of 8th grade i had stoped swearin alot cause my mom was yellin at me for it lol... but now i just occasionaly drop a swear word in at time not even relizing it...a dn ai also curse alot when i1. get in trouble2. forget to do homework tahts worth alot3. get hurt4. fail a test...where it all started i really dont know... but i hate it... its a bad habbit and makes you look stupid if you ask me...also while driving home ive seen middle schoolers taht are like 4 ft tall cusing and im like omg stfu!!! lolanyways theres my rant

yeah ive seen this happening al over the palce in my small town...
around 7th grade i picked up swearing... (just felt like swearin more idk lol that was 3 years ago... i think...) and from there i grew up by end of 8th grade i had stoped swearin alot cause my mom was yellin at me for it lol...

but now i just occasionaly drop a swear word in at time not even relizing it...a dn ai also curse alot when i
1. get in trouble
2. forget to do homework tahts worth alot
3. get hurt
4. fail a test...
where it all started i really dont know... but i hate it... its a bad habbit and makes you look stupid if you ask me...

also while driving home ive seen middle schoolers taht are like 4 ft tall cusing and im like omg stfu!!! lol

anyways theres my rant

i think everyone has sworn. if not, those people are the ones who irritate me the most. just like the ones who don't drink. i just don't trust 'm! i swear, but only around those who don't mind. try NEVER to swear around children or others who find it offensive so i use my head when speaking. also, you will rarely see a letter capitolized when i post. gotta problem with that?!?!?!?

Swearing IS a big problem in children though not all children. The ones swearing usually come from a. a bad home or b. a rich family where they get what they please. Therefore I think that money makes people act like that. And TV... Kids may pick it up from their parents but I'm quite sure that their parents aren't forcing them to use it. It's all a decision for more power of people. If you make a big deal over it, they're getting what they want. A reaction and more power. I'm done.