xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Mobile Phone Design Flip Vs Non-flip which design is your choice?

I've used flip phones, slide phones, and just plain old ordinary phones!

And personally I prefer the flip phones.

They have many advantages like:

They use less power as they use a smaller screen when closed, and you dont need to turn on the larger screen to check you messages, missed calls, or the time.

They are ideal for music, as you can open a playlist, and then close the phone, and ut it in your pocket!

They dont require locking when you put them down, or in your pocket the keys are protected.

You mimimise the risk of ruining the main screen with scrathes, as the main screen is protected while closed.

The screens tend to be larger as they are foldable - to make room for more.

You can check missed calls, messages, emails, battery life, the time, ect. without having to open the phone.

They are often smaller than most phones as they fold in half!

flip phones are not really that good?Mobile Phone Design Flip Vs Non-flip

if flip phones are more protected thentell me how the heck my  amsung sgh-x496 and nokia 6085 both have a messed up screen and my old nokia 6085 never had anythingliek tha thappen? you make it sem like scratches are a bad thing on a non flip phones but tell me something. If you get a scratch on a flipphone what can you do about it? nothing that's what. With brick phones that have changable face plates and stuff you can just change the face plate if it gets scratched up.

think of this now. How thick is the plastic over the screen on a flip phone? pritty sure really thin right? if you tap on the screens on a lot of them it can effect the screen like lcd screens. Now the non flip phones with changable face plates has like 1/4 inch plastic in front of the screen so I say the screen on the brick phones have more protection. 

how can somethign with 2 screens with 2 lights use less electricty then a phoen with 1 main screen? I know poeple with flip phones that can't go 2 days without charging but I could go a week with the nonflip nokia. Yeah there are some flip phones that are better liek the nokia 6085 I have but it still needs to be charged after 3 or 4 days unlike the 3595 that lasts a week. 

flip phone keys are not pritected.I hear peopel taking pictures of in there pocket all the time. Guess what flip phones can actually be locked too you know. Look it up for your phone. I say this really isn't a big deal though. You push 2 keys to lock your phone. You make it sould like it is something that is hard to do. They even have autoclocks on them too if you forget to put it on. 

-reply by james42519