xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Mobile Phone Design Flip Vs Non-flip which design is your choice?

Flips without doubt. You just gotta hold right and use the thumb to flip it open whilst rasing it to your ear...there aint nothing like the smoothness of the two movements rolled up into one. I used a samsung flip for over two years and the only reason why i had to change after it had fallen into the toilet, was on me when i was accidentally electrocuted in the rain and fallen several times too numerous to mention was that it was stolen.Forget the ribbon getting "dodgy", flips are IT!!!Right now i use a nokia 6085 and its da bomb!!!

I personally HATE flip phones :PMost flip phones i've used are HORRIBLE to txt/sms on just becuase they are thin as hell. I'm a txter (i can txt rather fast) and flip phones aren't the best for it. The buttons in a lot of flip phones dont really feel like buttons especially with motorola's RAZR's etc, i mean.. when you press the buttons it doesn't really feel like one? I like my pressy-buttons!! :PSliders are alright but they're not the best for txting since if you want to press the same button twice (if you're not using predictive/T9 -- i do), you have to press the directional keys which are in an awkward position for your thumb. They're alright though and stylish.I like the candybar best because, you take it out of your pocket and everythings just there. I haven't really had any problems with unlocking etc.I'll stick with my K800i for now thanks :P ..maybe i'll get that K850i when it comes out too ;P

I like the flip phone. The reason for this is scratch resistant. With a flip phone you have a barrier protecting the screen, when there is nothing protecting the screen, like a non flip phone (Ocandy bar style, or slider) the screen can easily be damaged, even with protective covering.

I live in the USA and I don't have problems with flip, or non-flip phones. It's mostly in my preference. I got a Samsung c417 last year and its a cool phone that I liked when I got it, but as I've seen more flip phones my opinion has changed. I prefer non-flip phones now because I think they look cooler. the part in the middle of the flip-phones where the screen flips over is kind of sticks out and makes all flip phones look dorky. I never liked RAZR's from the start but now every has them so they're even less cool than I thought they were before. I think Motorola should think of something creative because from what I've heard alot of people that I know get new phones once a year and they aren't getting RAZR's because they have the same reasoning as me. Why would you want to have something every else has? Get some individuality why don't yah?-McHammerDude

i think you're forgetting the two other mobile designs: slide and swivel personally i favour the designs in this order: slide, flip, swivel, brick (normal).slide - advantages: compact, stylish, allows for larger screen disadvantages: sometimes buttons can get too crampedflip - advantages: relatively compact, convenient to use (don't need to lock phone), allows for larger and easily accessable keys disadvantages: can become bulky sometimes, screen size isn't all that great, don't allow for a good camera, waste battery life on external displayswivel - advantages: the most compact of them all, allows for good key size as well as screen size, allows for more camera megapixels disadvantages: can be cumbersome to open, don't like the design, could accidentally open, annoying hinge at one end of phone.brick - advantages: allows for very big camera, allows for large screen size disadvantages: often have SUCH SMALL BUTTONS!!!, must always lock/unlock phone just in case, the ugliest design of them allwell, there you go - that is what i believe on the issue of mobile designs

I have a nokia 6085. And its screen is in PERFECT condition, and I havent woken up to find that I knocked my phone off my bed side table, onto my bed, rolled over to my phone and accidentally dialled 111 (111 is NZ version of 911)I also like flipping its lid open and close... open and close...

I have a non-flip phone. I think the flip helps protect the phone, but he leaves mens accessible at certain times.Already the non-flip is more practical but less protect.I have a K800 Sony Ericsson, i love it!!! :P

The only flip phone I ever had was a samsung sgh-x496 and had it only a few months before the screen stoped working. So had to take the sim card out and go back tot he old nokia 359 "brick". I am looking at another nokia 6085 right now that is a flip phone but not really sure anymore. Might get the sony ericson w200 since there is no moving parts to mess up. Last thing I want to do is use this 4 year old nokia 3595 for another 2 years.

Replying to GamerGlitchThere are more then just screen protectors. There are cell phone cases too. If the screen really gets bad just buy another face plate for a few dollars. All that is really scratched on the candy bard phones is just the plastic protective covering and the screen underneath is fine. I know that most flip phones you can't just change a face plate so if the screen does get scratched you have to go through a lot just to change the face plate, that is if they even sell any for the phone. How is it cool to have a phone's screen mess up from normal use? the flip and brick phones basically have the same things now from what I see. Every phone that I seen has a option the automatically lock the keys after a certain amount of time which can help with the buttons being pressed while in pocket. Heck you can even lock the keys on a lot of flip phones too. I asked the people that sell at the phone company and they said the Motorola flip phones get returned the most from damage and stuff and had made call quality.I tried one and there was alot of static.

I used to have a non-flip phone tat I recently exchanged for a flip phone. I would say I definitely prefer the flip phone. With non-flip phones the screen is generally smaller because there needs to be room for the screen and buttons. With flip phones you have the same amount of space for both, making the screen a lot bigger. The screen is also protected with flip phones. With non-flip there is nothing between your delicate screen and something that will crack it and ruin your phone. Flip phones look better too.

I have to disagree, flip phones are simply in my opinion designed to break easier so you buy more. They are also extremely unreliable if you accidentally drop them, one piece phones simply are designed to last and besides there ups and downs they are still ahead of flip phones by far.My sister has gone through 4 models of the Motorola range and seems to think they are still good and reliable no matter what, and to be honest if it were me i would give up on Motorola all together after 2 models with issues and move onto another brand. Slide phones aren't to shabby either, but they might do a better job than flips i am not sure.