xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral Stasis

What Is The Human Tail? (graphical Content) The tails of 12 million people.

According to this article, some 12 million people worldwide actually have tails. These tails (see images below) are long, hairless extensions of the spine that don't seem to serve any apparent purpose, as far as has yet been discovered. Whether it's a birth defect, a mutation by chance, a hidden gene, or some remnant of an evolutionary process is not yet known. Christians have claimed that this appendage is actually a sign of the Devil and shows that all people will this mark will be damned forever and have tainted souls. Most people with tails are embarassed by them, and many religious people think that the "tails" should be removed, else one continues to sport the mark of the beast.

A couple images of the "human tail" :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

For more information, see the below articles:
http://www.anl.gov/education/learning-center/classroom-resources

For more images, see the blow link:
http://www.visual-evolution.com/

Notice from saint-michael:
due to the graphical nature of the photos and the ages groups of this forum the image tags are removed if you would like to see them copy and paste the it in your browser caution is giving to view at your own risk.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

This is a new one to me. I've never heard of humans having tails! Or didn't, til I came to this thread. They look bizzare though. In my opinion, it just doesn't look right for humans to have tails.It's ok for animals to have tails as that's a natural thing, but human wise, it looks strange. It's still interesting though and with the additional thought that there's still biological information we've yet to find out.The images were shocking, almost like frightful to look at a bit like spiders. I'm sure we'll eventually find out how these are created or what they're used for.Thanks for sharing the information, I'll have to regularly check back to this thread to see what the other user's views on this tail thread are.

lol...I dunno about which Christians believe this is the mark of the beast. Biblically I know that the mark of the beast isn't gonna be something we're born with or have no control over. So coming from the Bible, and as a Christian Minister, I think the "Christians" who believe it's the mark of the beast aren't quite accurate. My best guess would be a birth defect/gene thing. There are some pretty interesting...occurrences that happen as a result of the wrong genes being dominant in a body. As a Christian I have my beliefs on why things like this happen specifically, being that as sin entered the world through man, so did mishaps and chance and "negative" occurrences. Disease wasn't here until man sinned, because the world was without fault. I believe that same general principle applies to all aspects of life where fault may be found.

According to this article, some 12 million people worldwide actually have tails. These tails (see images below) are long, hairless extensions of the spine that don't seem to serve any apparent purpose, as far as has yet been discovered. Whether it's a birth defect, a mutation by chance, a hidden gene, or some remnant of an evolutionary process is not yet known. Christians have claimed that this appendage is actually a sign of the Devil and shows that all people will this mark will be damned forever and have tainted souls. Most people with tails are embarassed by them, and many religious people think that the "tails" should be removed, else one continues to sport the mark of the beast.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Fixed QUOTE tag. When QUOTE startes, make sure it ends with /QUOTE.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Well, since we evolved from a species related from the monkeys it seems logical that some gene that had already been blocked because of the evolution could have unlocked somehow or something. I consider myself a "believer" but not a religious person, therefore I disagree with this being a mark or the beast or having any relation with it, just as many other things I disagree with religion that make me not want to be part of it. By no means I have just meant to offend anybody. We are meant to keep on evolving anyway, though I dont think this is exactly an evolution. There are others like the indigo and probably a whole lot more to come.I think it must hurt when you sleep on your back or sitting down on a hard surface. It reminds me of dragon ball anime though.

That is really interesting. I also haven't heard of that before. I guess that goes to show you that we are really more like monkeys than we thought we were. I think that the tail being a sign of the beast also is a pretty wierd inference. I am gonna go with the theory of the hidden gene.

Hmmm... that's like that episode of the X-Files, where that one guy had a tail. I forget what the episode was even about now, but the image of the guy with a tail stayed in my mind.But 12 million? I never knew the number would be that big, but it's pretty cool though. I'm not so sure about the whole evolution idea, but neat enough on it's own.As for it hurting to sleep on or sit down, I can't see that being the case, because I know other animals have tails, and they don't seem to be hurt by them. And my dog certainly lays on her tail and she doesn't mind :)

those pictures are kinda distrubing......i personally think it has to do with evoloution also....i mean we all have tail-bones...right...so mabye in some cases..theirs is bigger..in otherwords..actually comes out as a tail...just like some peoples hands are bigger than others..anyway thats what i think on it.i dont know about it being a mark of the devil tho , but if it is anything like against christianity..then it just must be somthing exxagerated..after all it could just be a birth defect and its god that supposably...creates life..in a way i would say its contradicting itself..Nice find man it was intresting :)

Probably anything is possible to grow on the human body. I've seen pictures of someone with an extra finger, 2 noses and 2 belly buttons. Anyways, 12 million people? I wonder how many people have a "tail" in Australia..

According to this article, some 12 million people worldwide actually have tails. These tails (see images below) are long, hairless extensions of the spine that don't seem to serve any apparent purpose, as far as has yet been discovered. Whether it's a birth defect, a mutation by chance, a hidden gene, or some remnant of an evolutionary process is not yet known. Christians have claimed that this appendage is actually a sign of the Devil and shows that all people will this mark will be damned forever and have tainted souls. Most people with tails are embarassed by them, and many religious people think that the "tails" should be removed, else one continues to sport the mark of the beast....

219958[/snapback]

1. This is Joke was published on Feb 2002 i.e four years ago.

2. Even Darwinisms have been never mentioned it and they still looking for the missing Link !!!!!!

3. The article didn't say how they counted the 12 millions. Is this number at the moment or accumulation of the 7000 years of civilization.

4. Then why Dr x is " so embarrassed by the two-foot tail that juts out from his own behind.". Who could easily did operation to get rid of them as the operation of circumstance or separation of twins or extra defected part .

5. The article mentioned that: "No one wants to come out and admit that tails are as common as they are," says Dr. X." Then from where he find the 12 millions"

6. Being with tail or not, what this deal with Christianity?

7. How we verify his findings if he hide himself under Dr"X".

8. Saying that

News of Dr. X's findings has rocked both the biological as well as religious worlds where any evolutionary link between mankind and monkeys is disputed

Nothing rocked us and most of us heard about this joke from this posting after 4 years from publishing in a newspaper.

9. Of course there are some have tail as any defect [similar to who have 2 hearts, who have six fingers, who don't have eyes...]

10. This remind us with the faked Haeckel's drawing on which Darwin used in his book "The Origin of Species". Ernst Haeckel, a German biologist, had supposedly shown that embryos from various animals were identical to each other in their earliest stages. Darwin had written that

"

it is probable, from what we know of the embryos of mammals, birds, fishes and reptiles, that these animals are the modified descendants of some ancient progenitor" (The Origin of Species, p. 224)

But the drawings has been faked to Support Evolution. Haeckel's drawings of several different embryos, showing incredible similarity at their early tailbud stage. But another evolutionist, British embryologist Michael Richardson, gave photographs of how the embryos of these same animals really look at the same stage[springer-Verlag GmbH & Co., Tiergartenstrasse, 69121 Heidelberg, Germany] . Richardson confirmed that in a letter to Science:

The core scientific issue remains unchanged: Haeckel's drawings of 1874 are substantially fabricated. In support of this view, I note that his oldest fish image is made up of bits and pieces from different animalssome of them mythical. It is not unreasonable to characterize this as faking. ... Sadly, it is the discredited 1874 drawings that are used in so many British and American biology textbooks today.[ M.K. Richardson, Haeckel's Embryos, Continued, letter to Science 281(5381):1289, 28 August 1998. ]

11.However, in 1997, Mike Richardson with an international team of experts, comparing Haeckel's drawings with actual embryos ,including actual photographs of a large number of different embryos, showed that embryos of different kinds are very distinct . [.K. Richardson et al., There Is No Highly Conserved Embryonic Stage in the Vertebrates: Implications for Current Theories of Evolution and Development, Anatomy and Embryology 196(2):91106, 1997. ]

They concluded that Haeckel's work "looks like it's turning out to be one of the most famous fakes in biology" (Elizabeth Pennisi, "Haeckel's Embryos: Fraud Rediscovered," Science 277, 1997, p. 1435). This study was widely publicized in science journals and other media.

12.Today, many, biologists recognize that Haeckel faked his drawings to support his theory that embryos in essence reenact their species' evolutionary history as they develop. Biologist Jonathan Wells writes that:

Haeckel's illustrations "show vertebrate embryos that look very much alike at their earliest stage . . . In fact, the embryos look too much alike . . . He [Haeckel] was more than once, often justifiably, accused of scientific falsification . . . In some cases, Haeckel used the same woodcut to print embryos that were supposedly from different classes. In others, he doctored his drawings to make the embryos appear more alike than they really were . . . Haeckel's contemporaries repeatedly criticized him for these misrepresentations, and charges of fraud abounded in his lifetime" (as quoted by Jonathan Wells, Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth?, 2000, pp. 90-91, emphasis in original).

13. Here we find a classic example of how the prejudices of those examining scientific evidence affect their conclusions. Haeckel, as many other evolutionists over the years, saw only the evidence he wanted to see and apparently believed that the ends (what he believed was the truth of evolution) justified the means (erroneous and even fraudulent supposed proofs of the theory).

14. In spite of repeated discrediting, however, Haeckel's ideas and drawings still appear in many recent textbooks and are presented as fact. A book published in 1998 , Teaching about Evolution has no excuse for being unaware that the idea of extensive embryonic similarities is outdated and based on fraud.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Copied portions from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ esp. Å› 3, 7 & 9 and https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/drawings-faked-to-support-evolution as cross reference. Warning issued.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

You may be correct concerning that Weekly World News article (their articles have been known to be less-than-accurate), but these "tails", whether they are as common (12 million in the world) as WWN claims or not, they DO exist. The images posted earlier very well could be faked. However, the articles posted at the bottom of my original post are quite credible, and they all agree that this is a real phenomenon. Although it may not be as pronounced as suggested by the (possibly false) articles posted earlier, humans have been born with tails in the past, although it is pretty rare.

I appologize for misleading people due to my being fooled by the article/images. It is certainly a very elaborate hoax.

*edit inserted here*
By the way, according to this article, there have been only 23 true "tails" reported since 1884. It certainly does sound like a more reasonable number than 12 million.

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to insert last paragraph

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

You may be correct concerning that Weekly World News article (their articles have been known to be less-than-accurate), ....

I appologize for misleading people due to my being fooled by the article/images. It is certainly a very elaborate hoax.

*edit inserted here*

By the way, according to this article, there have been only 23 true "tails" reported since 1884. It certainly does sound like a more reasonable number than 12 million.

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to insert last paragraph

220180[/snapback]

Thanks for correction

That is reasonable now. 23 cases since 1884 and can be considered as other defective [2 heart, 3 eyes, 6 fingers, etc ].

The beginning of my doubts was questioning using math for wrong purposes[than 12 millions without specific times]. I am mathematician.

Then came the logical question that was why the Darwinists didn't mention any of these 12 millions as evidence for their claims. I am aware of all their others claims. I am as scientist is seeking truth and real proof before hypothesis to be considered a fact.

Wow, this is very interesting.. has it been researched to see that the tails can be genetically inherited? I've never heard anything about human tails, and obviously it is a rarety, twelve million out of the six billion we currently have. Could this be some form of reverse evolution? I've read articles of "wolf men" that are entirely covered in hair, and if a "wolf man" inherited both the hair and the tail, could they be considered a lower life form? What if they were mentally challenged at that? Sorry.. just some deep thinking :|After reviewing http://weeklyworldnews.com/ though, I think that this article is in fact a joke, I do not believe many stories, if any from this website.

Yes it doesn't sound credible the least to me. 12 millions sounds like an impossible number for some person or a few people to count and if its secret than how do people find out about them?? lol. The flaw was in the story. anyways. I think people do have tails. At first i thought it was scoliosis you were tlaking about but it wasn't that. That doesn't look like a tail but like some misplaced organ.lol.

probably it's a malformity of some sort. or probably a part of the evolution thingy. monkeys use their tails for them to be able to hang on trees, used as a grabbing tool. evolution of the human species did not need the tail so as time passed the tail shrunk. if i'm not mistaken it is our tail bone. correct me if i'm wrong though.