xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Urbandictionary.com The Coolest site

I love this website! UrbanDictionary is basically a dictionary for slang words with definitions submitted by regular people. It has really funny definitions for words like "turd", "fart", and other ridiculously childish but hilarious words. Check it out!

I don't see how this site would benifit others here, since the use of exessive slang is against the TOS... I guess it's an interesting site.. Don't know when I'd ever apply it thought. Next time, please refrain from postingsuch material. I'll just leave this thread open.

I have used this site before, and I have a couple comments.Urban dictionary is a decent site for some slang words that wouldn't be in a regular dictionary. Now, I wouldn't suggest searching for anything that could be interpretted as being slightly offensive, as it is user-submitted and not very well monitered. Plus, many people put disgusting pictures up on different places.So, use it if you aren't worried at getting offended.

I really don't see a point to this site either. Slang isn't supposed to be used here let alone in real life. If everyone starts to learn slang it will kill the english language changing it into a language of pointless words that may be funny but useless at the same time. I don't use slang obviously and I don't think I ever will, slang really is pointless and is sort of for lazy people who don't want to use the proper english.

I have only used Urban Dictionary a couple times, and I've always hated it. The definitions are unprofessional and often very poorly written and stupid. If you want to use a dictionary that can have words/content added by users, I would recommend Wiktionary instead.

lolz. urban dictionary. i love slang and i wanna talk like snoop dog by the age of 25.maybe i shoukd get the real book copy of urban dictionary. that should help me in case anything happens to my current slang.

Why would you want to talk like a half-baked gangster moron that sounds like he dropped out of school in third grade and never learned a thing since. I despise that "gangsta lingo" with a passion. Accents are one thing. That is just going out of one's way to be an idiot and make a point.

Well I was actually just brosing the Uban Dictionary like 5 mins ago! I just like putting random stuff in for comedy value. Because people input their own definitions wiki style, they also tend to put in hilarious dialogue like in a real dictionary to show the application of the word! Seriously come of it makes me laugh out loud! Some very bored times spent seraching it :blink:

gahh. I've been going on that site since like ages ago! I liked it before it came too popular and people just putting silly stuff like "fdkf" on there and making up a term for it.I'd rather it use proper words that people properly used...that were slang and still funny... but I guess it's a good place to secretly go to when your friends say some weird word to you and you secretly pretend to know incase of being embarassed XD.. haha. Not saying that is what I do :blink:

I don't see how this site would benifit others here, since the use of exessive slang is against the TOS... I guess it's an interesting site.. Don't know when I'd ever apply it thought. Next time, please refrain from postingsuch material. I'll just leave this thread open.

218664[/snapback]

Since when is using slang against the TOS on Xisto???

besides this, I really think the urbandictionary is a great site. I don't use it for looking up real words. I use it to look up words that my 17 year old cousin would use. I don't see why you would even think about locking this thread. Urbandictionary is hilarious.

I think it would even be cool if people posted what they looked up to see what people write.

For example, just look up linux and microsoft or windows. funny stuff

I have used it, because sometimes i dont actually know what a word is. And i try to look it up in dictionary.com and it doesnt give me a meaning. And you know when your called something, that is of immature slang, you want to atleast know what you are being called.

UrbanDictionary.com is not just a hilarious, funny website it has come in very handy for me and my friend in particular. One day my friend goes up to me and tells me that one of his classmates said,"Daniel you're such a coconut.". We looked it up on UrbanDictionary.com and found out it means your dark on the outside(like your black or hispanic) but you act White.