xisto Community
scab_dog

How Do You Take A Video Of You Desktop? Is it possible?

First of all i hope i posted in the right thread.Anyways..Can you actually take a video of your desktop using the already intsalled programs on Windows. Like Print Screen for example.?the way i do it know is connet my computer to the TV, and connect my TV to my computers Tv tuner card. and i use a PVR application to take a movie. But i'm gussing there would be a simpler way.If there is a freeware software that does this, can you post a link to it.

Yes! It is possible!

U may use software like Inspiron or use other software like me.

My favourite Desktop Capture SW:

1. Screen Capturing

Capture your screen and play back in Flash, Java, GIF, EXE, PDF, AVI

http://www.turbodemo.com/eng/index.php

2. ScreenCam

ScreenCam? saves the day for guyz just like you.

http://smartguyz.com/

3. GrabCaptureScreen 2.0.5.3

Successor of GrabClipSave. Takes screenshots in two modes. "Grabbing" is completely in the background.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And other which I found later on SoftPedia.com

(http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/GrabCaptureScreen.shtml):

SnagIt 7.2.5

SnagIt - screen capture program that allows you to capture an exact copy of anything that appears on your Windows screen

Print save screen snapshot 2003 1.2

print only what is on your screen with this fast utility. Save paper and time !!

SmartCapture 1.6.1

Easy to use screen capture tool

Any Capture Screen 3.09

Screen capture software that prints screen and screenshot from Windows desktop

Capture By George! 2.6

Make perfect screenshots easily.

Easy Screen Capture 1.2.3

Capture any part of your screen for a professional screen shot

HardCopy Pro 2.5.1

The professional, easy to use screen capture tool!

There's also Camtasia, which I'm sure is very expensive, but (as far as I can tell, after seeig Bob Taylor's LearnVisualStudio.net videos) is very professional. You can make slides, screencams, and have voice recording.

There is also a Freeware program called WINK that takes a series of screen captures and then blends them together. Might want to try that.

Oh yes, I too downloaded CamStudio. It's very nice looking, and doesn't even require admin priveleges to install. I also like the flash converter tool that it includes.

i've been using a software called snagit since quite some time nowits not free but i m very happy with it!so i would recommned you to try itit lets you record exactly that is going on your screen and the output is in the .avi formatits not limited to video itself but it can also take pictures and some extra features are also available

there's a program called "Wink" that records desktop. It's free and it's good. Just I think it records in flash maybe..and it's meant to make tutorials, but you can work with it...it should be able to take a vid of desktop.

Well, i use Windows movie maker plug-ins for recording my desktop activity, you can download it from microsoft site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

woah i've also been looking for apps like these cause i play all these weird jap games and i always want to record parts of them lol. whenever me and my friend play a cool match we're always like 'dam man we should've recorded that' hahaha. well thanks for the post your've been a geat help ;]

Hi, I have also been looking for a certaion type of screen capure software. Im looking for a program that emulates a video capure card but actually records your on-screen activity.I want to be able to stream my desktop over the internet so I can show live gaming. The software I use for video streaming is NSV (Nullsoft Strreaming Video, Uses SHOUTcast technology). And you can either select a webcam or a video capure device as your source, But I Dont have one, and I dont want to buy one as i would not use it tbh,Thanks,Craig.