xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DreamCore

What Is A Black Hole?

i have a rare question....what do the humans do with such knowledge? i mean...who realy is going to use that kind of information?... i dont think we are learning how exacly a black hole is made inside our universe....but really does it make any sense knowing how a black hole is made? and made of what?.... is like saying how do the extraterrestrials were made? and do the extraterrestrials exist?....well if they do, the sky is not falling and nothing is happening...who can tell us a useful usage of the knowledege of the black holes?

Black holes are collasped stars. In the universe, there are trillions of stars. A lot are brighter and bigger than the sun but farther away. The types of stars are divided into groups. A black hole is a star itself. It is a blue starA blue star is a star that explodes into another star. When the blue star explodes it becomes a supernova untill it formed into a new star. If the new star is spinning it becomes a spinning star. If it isnt ait is a nuetron star. If it is two big it will collaspe into a black hole.A black star is impossible to see with a human eye. It can only be seen trough a telescope with light. The black hole does suck up the light but it does show scientist where they are. The sudden and abrupt stop of the light shows where the black star is.

I have a few things to add as to identifying black holes in the universe. The black holes that don't spin we cannot detect other than when they pass between "visible" objects, which are stars and us. the other type of black holes do spin and release huge amounts of radiation. When the black hole spins it develops into a toroid with a small radius of no matter inside of it. this is still within the event horizon, or the point that no object with mass can escape. very high energy things without mass traveling at the speed of light can. these are typicaly x rays and gamma rays. these make a symmetric plume to either side of the black hole which is detectable. This radiation.another thing about spinning black holes is that they aren't completely black. they radiate with what is known as "hawking radiation" named for stephen hawking a world renowned physicist. in high gravitational fields, such as near the event horizon for a black hole, as well as other high energy density situations pairs of particles, a particle and it's anti particle are created from free space. This is possible due to the law of charge conservation. the antiparticle has a the opposite charge of its counterpart. if the antiparticle is sucked in it obliterates something and the energy is released through hole in the middle. if the particle is sucked in it the free space that created the particle needs to get back to zero so energy is permitted to leave the black hole to fill the gap. this radiation as of yet isn't visible because it's temperature is less than the background microwave radiation of the universe.

I have had this huge debate about this subject. I still say that Black Holes do not exist for several reasons.No one can tell me what they look like, shape. Is it a funnel, a pinwheel shape, or a sphere? Aside from that, if it it is sucking in everything in site, then it has to have a saturation point. And what happens when it reaches that saturation point?Furthermore, Does a black hole move? If so, by what force? Then if it does by a force, then there would be a fault or resistene on the side where force is applying pressure.Also, everythign in the universe serves a purpose. A black hole serves no purpose.I just can't believe in them sorry.

I was really amazed on watching a documentary about the black holes on the Discovery Channel. One of the amazing things about the black hole is that if you fall into a black hole ,you may be as tall as a sky scraper. This is because of the gravity . Your feet will be pulled with a force which maybe thousands of time larger than what your head will experience,leading to an elongated body. Another thing interesting was a worm hole. I think a worm hole is to black holes joined together. And using this worm hole we can travel from one universe to another universe in a matter of seconds.

as little as i know about space, i love it. i find it to be so interesting along with deep water creatures. i guess its because of my curiosity, i love things which cant be fully explained or proven. its interesting to ehear theories and stories about this kind of stuff. blackholes are really freaky. imagine there was a massive blackhole millions of lights years away which was slowly sucking us in without us knowing lol. thats the kind of crazy stuff i think about when i get my head into it. blockholes are just really peculiar.

^^^^Just like me :) Just to think that we are living beings like any other living being on this planet, only the smartest of them all, and that there are many other planets in this galaxy, and so many more galaxies in the universe, it's certainly possible that there is life in at least some other planet in the whole universe.In relation to black holes, I find them the most intriguing phenomena in the whole universe. Such a powerful force is breathtaking. Of course it will not lead us to another universe/dimension, but it certainly is the most powerful killing force ever seen (or at least talked about).Some day maybe someone will invent trips to black holes inside of a shell, instead of euthanasia. They launch us (in our shell) at a very high speed and as soon as we reach the hole, *click*, instantly gone :) (okay, this part was just my imagination flowing)

Edited by Radioactive (see edit history)

To see why this happens, imagine throwing a tennis ball into the air. The harder you throw the tennis ball, the faster it is travelling when it leaves your hand and the higher the ball will go before turning back. If you throw it hard enough it will never return, the gravitational attraction will not be able to pull it back down. The velocity the ball must have to escape is known as the escape velocity and for the earth is about 7 miles a second. When a large star has burnt all its fuel it explodes into a supernova. The stuff that is left collapses down to an extremely dense object known as a neutron star.If the neutron star is too large, the gravitational forces overwhelm the pressure gradients and collapse cannot be halted. The neutron star continues to shrink until it finally becomes a black hole. This mass limit is only a couple of solar masses, that is about twice the mass of our sun, and so we should expect at least a few neutron stars to have this mass. (Our sun is not particularly large; in fact it is quite small.) Ehhh, or something like that, learned it in 8th grade, its been a rough year (im in 9th now)Ehh, and some online research :)

Thank you for explaining about "the black hole". I have always been wondering things about space and the stars. This will really help me with my test on "Black Holes", because I had next to no sources.Thank you very much, for helping.

people have said by traveling through a black hole you can a) go back/forward in time :) enter another galaxy, and i guess, c) be lost forever

Um, i think those are the people that are in nut houses and that is the reason they are in nut houses... Yes... they would be lost forever... Plus, you would have no control over how far in time your going and if you are going into or behind time...

Black holes are proven to exist.... yet humans feel the need to see something to believe it. However, if one went to see a black hole, they would get sucked in, supposedly, and either die immediately or never die. They are walls in the universe, but not like the walls in our house or any building. It is not an edge, but more of an end of the universe at that particular place.

There's a theory in quantum physics that a black hole can be destroyed by doses of negative energy.Negative energy is essentially a space with less than nothing... Hard to explain and while most of what I learned in physics and quantum physics largely escapes me, density can be a negative number, therefore creating negative energy.Negative energy is suppose to be highly versatile, allowing for traversable wormholes, warp drives, time machines, perpetual-motion machines, or destroy black holes.The laws in quantum physics that allow for negative energy also limit it.So I guess why I'm mentioning this is that so many things related in the study of these cosmic forces are...such paradoxes unto themselves...We know they exist and yet we also know some of them couldn't because the laws that make them work make them not work? Yet we do know they exsist, isn't it perplexing? Or are our definitions of how things work screwed and wrong? Are there really any limits as to what can happen?When you think about this it really proves and disproves everything we know about science...