xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DreamCore

What Is A Black Hole?

I saw few bbc movies about dark hole and there were theorys that dark hole isnt monster but some kind of recycling. It destroy stars and other bodies and at same time it blast of gases from how arises new stars. So dark hole isnt monster but regenerator of galaxys. <_<

Right, and people believe in god (no offense) and that the Earth was flat for quite somtime. ARight, and people believe in god (no offense at all intended) and that the Earth was flat for quite sometime. I know this sounds funny but in reality when it was first suggested that the earth was spherical, it was downright preposterous. *Doesnt that mean youll fall off if you like in Africa or somewhere? You cant say for a fact that black holes dont do what we think they do or say that they do. When you say Its not something to believe in. Then what should we believe in, for all you know, the world you live in could be a bunch of lies. Everyone will believe in what the do, dont just go around and diss other peoples beliefs spiritually or scientifically. For all you know, they may be right, while youre the wrong one.

i'm agree with you but there are scientifics facts that existe , even you beleave in or not .

i want to correct somting .... no one can see Black holes , scientifics saw a big planets turn a round a nothing , so this nothing is Black hole , and the gravity of this hole is veryvery big (that why we can't see nothing , fotons are atracted too ) and it size is very small , so it make a deformation in the time and space , so they can be a door of time ^^. and there are an othere fenomene that explain this one ,"fontain blanche" (this word is en french , i dunno the english word) this fountain explain the black hole , cuz it make out a highest light ondes that we never see and they don't exist , ..... => matieres enter to black holes after or befor x time , it come out by "fontain blanche" in form of lights (fotons) .

sorry for my bad english !

A black hole is caused when the stars get old and they either become a Red Giant or a Super Red Giant. The Red Giant is what happens to a smaller star. Our star is a small one. After millions of years the Red Giant becomes a White Dwarf. I don't remember what the Super Red Giant turns into but I don't think the Super Nova happens yet. But when a Black Hole finally happens it will suck anything up into it. Even light. The star still exists. It's just that the gravitational pull is so strong that light can't escape from it for you to be able to see it. For you to be able to see something, light has to hit it and bounce back to your eyes. And when that happens, you can see something. But because of the great gravitational pull from the black hole, light can't hit it and bounce back. All it can do is hit it. You might think that this is a little far fetched but it is true. Now, if you were to get too close to a black hole, it would stretch you out really far and you would probably be split into many pieces. But when you hit, you will get crushed flatter than what a steamroller would do to a piece of styrofoam. The foam gets flattened. But it would be crushed so flat that if you were to some how decrease the gravity of it and go onto it and see it, it would either so so thin that those little pieces in it would be fused. Or it would be nothing at all. The reason you can "see" a black hole is because if you look at where one is in the night sky with a telescope, there is a black circle. And I forgot to mention. It is caused from the star imploding or collapsing in on itself. It becomes smaller.