xisto Community
Cerb

I'm Officially Addicted To Tea... Anyone else?

I have the normal tea- decaffinated i think .. i mean this but i fancy my tea- i absolutely love it. Before i use to have about 5 cups a day but when my mum told me about her friend who had drunken that much tea when she was young and now she.. wets the bed and sometimes justs wees at usual times like when shes watching t.v. - if you dont believe me my mum will tell you cos she saw it :D

i didnt know there were so many kinds. i've only had the generic stuff, too, and that nestea in a can. didnt exactly like any kind of tea. i went to go visit my cousins in england during the summer and they put milk in their tea. that was the first time i heard of milk in tea. i drank it to be polite but i really really didnt like it. maybe i might try some of the other kinds of tea to see if they taste better because i hear tea has good antioxidants that make your skin look fresh and young and help clear it up of pimples and stuff like that

mate i can see why your addicted to tea, i love the stuff, milk and one sugar m8! cant beat it, nicely brewed and nice and hot, blinding...but then again you could say im naturally addicted to tea...being british and all :) great topic m8

I also became "addicted" to it a few motnhs ago...I really like to drink tea because it is nice, refeshing and i think it is alooot healthier than coffee! I like persian-tea dont know what is in it but it is soo good!greetz

I noticed that a lot of people mentioned Earl Grey tea. I just can't seem to enjoy the stuff. I did, however, buy about 2 pounds of a magnolia scented oolong from the coffee shop a few days ago. It is, by far, the best tea I've ever tried. I really enjoy oolong, mainly because it is sweet like green tea, yet has the bite of black, being as it is oxidized between the two.

Haha, what a topic. Actually, recently I've been very into drinking iced tea.. and I dont know why. Lemon, raspberry, peach.. it's all good ^^~!

green tea

I'm Officially Addicted To Tea...

I'm english and nobody goes a day without at least 1 cup of tea...Wether there 5 or 80. I like just plain organic green tea...Loose is so much better than bagged...Much fresher..I go through about 3 cups a day, I used to be a coffee maniac but green tea is so much more refreshing. Its also light so you can drink alot at one time plus its alot less addictive..So you can go without it or try other things without the lack of green-ness bothering you!

Wow, I never thought there'd be so many tea-drinkers in Xisto! :P

I never really liked caffeine, but when time comes that I need a quick boost, I used to be a coffee guy. However, noting that subsequent cups brought me less energy, I stopped caffeine intake for a week and switched to tea. My mom is a tea drinker as far as I can remember. Every now and then, I try some of her tea but I found myself preferring the deeper taste of coffee back then. Now, I'm pretty much drink coffee only rarely and go for tea.

I like Lipton's Yellow Label black tea and, I guess, Darjeeling tea. I mix this with lots of sugar (I have a sweet tooth), a bit of milk and a dash of cinnamon. This, I drink to get me going every morning. I have also tried Lipton's chamomile infusion and iced tea but I dare say that I have tasted better chamomile tea and that Nestea makes better iced teas :)

My mom once received a few bags of chamomile tea. She says she didn't like chamomile so she gave them to me. I gave it a taste and it was, by far, the most relaxing drink I've ever tasted. Again, I put in lots of sugar but the taste of chamomile going down and the after-scent going up was just... wow, soothing. Alas, i was too young then to both remembering the brand of that tea. I'm still searching up to now :P

My mom also once brought home a couple of bags of hibiscus infusion; the tea had this really deep red color. It had a really strong, sweet smell, a bit like women's perfume, I guess. A bit of sugar and it was heaven. Again, it's the after-scent that did me in :P

I have also tasted green tea, this time, from my uncle. I didn't really like it because it tasted so... herbal. It feels like I'm drinking grass juice and smells like, well... grass. There are, however, other variants of green tea here. C2 Green Tea by the Universal Robina Corporation, is a bit sweet enough for my taste (although I must say it tastes diluted lately) Other C2 iced teas are flavored in apple, lychee, strawberry, kiwi, forest fruits and the ever-reliable lemon. I must say I liked the forest fruits and kiwi flavors, though they are a bit too strong for my taste.

There also is a Chinese cuisine fastfood chain here that sells iced Nai-Cha. It does taste as grassy as green tea but the bits of black jelly, evaporated milk and sugar makes it quite a refreshing drink, although a bit too sweet and heavy.

One thing I'd like to know is, aside from caffeine dependency, does tea have any other adverse effects? I vaguely recall my mom talking to me about her latest condition that the doctor advised her to abstain from tea for a while. I was wondering if something so healthy might not, after all, have some dangers unknown to us?

Coming up in the Caribbean home brewed teas were pretty much a given. Teas brewed from Mint leaves are a favorite of mine. There used to be a mint plant in the garden where my mother would send me to pick leaves for tea in the morning. Another great tea is based on crushed ginger. Boil for a few minutes add a bit of sugar and you're good to go. It has a little kick to it when it hits the back of your throat but the aroma alone is worth the price. One of the more unusual by tasty home brews I've had growing up was orange rind. Basically you take the skin peeled from an orange, wash it thoroughly and then hang it somewhere in the kitchen leaving it to dry for a few days. Then you boil it, strain and (of course) add some sugar. Goes nicely with a bit of toast bread and butter...

I love tea too. I drink a few cups everyday. I'd drink any tea, but I prefer asian flavors over western. I like Japanese green tea and Chinese tea. These are really good for digestion.

be careful of tea, especially the tea packs. they contain 50%-80% caffeine ( tested it personally i am a professional) depending on the brand.caffeine is a little addictive.i hope they make a caffeine free tea which i think is a little bit impossible or the taste isn't good.tea can contain more caffeine ( depending on brand) than coffee.i am also not an avid fan of C2. i did not test it personally but i think it contains some yeast or the thing that ferments to get beer ( its yeast right? not so sure :))but test this with a C2 apple. open it and smell it(its juicy right?) leave a unrefrigerated C2 apple outdoors( which a little bit warmer) for 2-3 hours. then smell it again, and look at the color of the c2 something is different right?