xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DynamicMan

Laser Projection Keyboard Project a keyboard on any flat surface

Oh, joy! :) How I long for tapping uselessly on my somewhat stable computer desk, where the so-called silence awakens my little sister. :P Meh. I don't like this invention :P It seems a bit odd having to tap on my desk lol. Besidesssss, I find tapping the keyboard is more fun :)

Oh, joy!  :) How I long for tapping uselessly on my somewhat stable computer desk, where the so-called silence awakens my little sister.  :P Meh. I don't like this invention :P It seems a bit odd having to tap on my desk lol. Besidesssss, I find tapping the keyboard is more fun :)

219253[/snapback]

i can say that the tapping keyboard is fun. i just dont like the loud ones. if the laser projection is quiet, i could get one any day. this is just my opinion cause enought noise comes from the computer itself, i really dont want the keyboard messing with my ears. lol. i sound like a guy who's about to go deaf.

Keyboards really aren't that loud, especially if you have a good one and keep it clean. True, a laser-projected one would still be much quieter, but I don't really consider keyboard noise to be a very big problem. Plus, there are roll-up keyboards that are made of a rubber-like material. Therefore, it would have the farmiliar raised feeling without clicking (since it wouldn't be as solid as plastic keys, obviously).

I think a laser projected keyboard is a great idea except it will probably not be readily available to most of us as i expect the technology will come at a very high price!

219400[/snapback]

You should have read the article (link in the topic starter post) before making this comment. It clearly states there that this toy is priced around 150 Euros ONLY.. and you can't call that a high price for such a cool thing at all.

Wow, that sounds amazing, but I do like my keyboard. And wouldn't it hurt having to tap on a table or desk all day?I'm sure it it quieter and more portable, but even so, I think I prefer my wireless keyboard over a Laser projection Key board.

personally--i would not want one for a few reasons..i dont sit at a computer desk i lay in bed with my monitor on the nightstand..but i think it would most definatly be cool! ive seen pix of the keyboard coming out of a pen...having it come out of the top of a PDA..and it looke like it would bee a bit difficult to comp with being used to accual keys that pish in etc...

Well i've actually heard mixed things about these contraptions. Good and bad. One resaid it just didn't work pratically atall and another said they were definitly the way forward in mobile technology. I havn't had any real life encounters with one but I really would like to try one!

Yeah I've also seen a bit about these before, I think it was on some television show a while back (I forgot the name) any way these are one of those very cool things that are actually quite pointless, I mean normal keyboards work fine, ok so if theres a shortage of space then these might come in handy (doesn't stop me wanting one though), any way I doubt there is anywahere where I can afford one of these, plus you know I already have a perfectly good keybord.

It must be annoying to the eyes, and its expensive. Though it would look really cool at night, I would definetely like to own one.

I think that fits to the topic...
A company called Lebedev Studio announced their OLEd keyboard.
The ‘Optimus’ keyboard has tiny OLED screens embedded in each key, allowing it to display context information on the fly or any key configuration you like, there is even a "keysaver" ;-)

Here you can find some further informations: http://www.artlebedev.com/optimus/