xisto Community
scab_dog

Gmail Fraud? Is it just a Evil Scheme?

Hey,

Before I start I would just like to make it clear that I'm not against Gmail, I use GMail regularly..have have more than 3000messages in my Inbox.

I read somewhere that other search engines delete the web address of their competion. So just to prove this I went to MSN Search and tope in "GMAIL". There i couldnt find a direct link to Gmail, but links to reviews of Gmail. The fifth link was this http://www.google-watch.org/

This webpage is claming that Gmail is searching out email, and noe keeping up with their legals. A quote:

Big Broother is well-connected

Personally i have a problem with Gmail, when i was loging in i accidentally clicked save my password button. So everytime i go to GMail it have my password enterd and waiting for me to press the login button. And this is a public computer. I tried deleting my cookies and Temporary Internet files, but it didnt do the job. Then i found this: http://www.google-watch.org/

This freaked me out, cookie expires in 2038. Well I would just like to make a comment on that: "Why?"

FOr those who want a direct link: http://www.google-watch.org/

A image i found, and it dose amuse me:

http://www.google-watch.org/

Again, i would like to mention, I'm not against Gmail. I will still continue using Gmail, but i thought this topic would catch attention of some users, and become a hot topic.

if its waiting for you to press enter or submit or whatever it measn its saves in firefox or ie or whatever browseryour using. the problem is not on gmails side. maybe you can find a way to delete saved passwords with your browser or something. not as for the cookie thing:if you do happen so check the remember me function you can either just press the logout button in your gmail or delete the cookie in your cookies folder. hope this cleared a few things up. -Lucas

Gmail's too good. No one can keep up with them. :D They're all jealous. And I think it's the computer that won't let you remove the cookies or something.

I don't necessarily believe that Google is putting some 'super-cookie' on your computer. I do believe that it is the greatest thing since the internet. Google will take over the world one of these days.

I don't necessarily believe that Google is putting some 'super-cookie' on your computer. I do believe that it is the greatest thing since the internet. Google will take over the world one of these days.

217257[/snapback]

i think he's worreid that they will take over the world in the wrong way lol

look just watch what you send, if you have to be worried about maybe you shouldn't be sending it all?

What could they really do with it unless its something top secret!

You guys shouldn't have anything to hide.

Maybe it's all a part of the Google conspiracy. They make us believe they are offering a service, when we are really their service. They pry into our personal lives by reading our emails, and they will soon control our minds. Honestly though, I think it's harmless.

I tried deleting my cookies and Temporary Internet files, but it didnt do the job.

Try it with Firefox - it's got much better passwords/cookies management than IE.

Well, talk about paranoia. I have to admit, though, that I had fun reading the Google-Watch website. There's just something about conspiracy theorists that make me want to laugh. Maybe it's the way they scrape the bottom of the intellectual barrel trying to prove their theories. =^^=

well,sounds a little problem...but nothing happen on me before like that case you described.maybe it is a temproray bug in you pc,restore your configuration browser and check if any suspicious binded mini software on you browser which could modify the cookies info and so on.however,we should be careful on internet including the related google. :D

Tyssen* I just got firefox, and hey hey..it didnt save my password..well it did but i can delet it. umm..Firefox would do me.Gr4ve_Digger* I send lots of Top Secret stuff through the Gmail, like who my gfriend is, and some stuff regaurding Area 51. the last thing i want to know is that Bill Gates knows who my GFried is :D. Yep, but think of it in this point of view, if gmail is mointering your mails, it ia a bad thing for terriots. Am i a bad speller, i cant spell teroites, and too fat to look it up in the dictionary.

People frequently change their passwords. If your password was saved by you by mistake you can easily change your password, if you have changed who will be able to enter even though it seem that it was saved. I think your complaint doesn't seem to have so much valid and good point to stand against the Google mail.Every email service providers say they don't monitor our emails - but eventually if they want they can monitor them. And the same case is with Gmail. I will say this is microsoft and other email service providers who are up against Gmail because Gmail is too innovative and many users have switched on to Gmail in recent times.SO, I see no reason for them not to up against Gmail or Google search itself.

ironic that ultra confidential US Census Bureau is permitting its employees to transmit confidential information like cell phone numbers that are not in a phone book via gmail.

Before I start I would just like to make it clear that I'm not against Gmail, I use GMail regularly..have have more than 3000messages in my Inbox.

The more messages you keep in your Inbox, the longer GMail will take to load. If you archive your email before it can take up half a page, you'll get better performance out of GMail.

Personally i have a problem with Gmail, when i was loging in i accidentally clicked save my password button. So everytime i go to GMail it have my password enterd and waiting for me to press the login button. And this is a public computer. I tried deleting my cookies and Temporary Internet files, but it didnt do the job.

Personal problem, public computer! It sounds very catchy, just like Crouching tiger, hidden dragon :-)

Anyway, coming back to the point, your password is not saved by GMail, but rather is saved by your browser. I know it can be logical for you to think cookies are the culprit, but modern browsers keep saved passwords separate from cookies and cached files. The reason for this separation is that sometimes you'd just want to clear your disk space and get rid of cookies that track your visits to websites, but you wouldn't want to have to type your passwords to all the websites that you visit. Go to your browser preferences/settings and delete the saved passwords and your password would go *poof*.

Regards,

Nitin Reddy