xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

2006 To Be Delayed By 1 Second

See what they are going to delay it

well one I have to say that Im surprised that they actually do this I don't even remember them mentioning it 7 years ago.

But imagin that 2005 lasting 1 more second then it should, of course it makes you wonder havn't we suffered enough why one more second. :D

So the spinning of the earth is slowing down and they need to extend the year by one second? This puts some credability to the statement... "Stop the world I want to get off!" Maybe sooner or later we can actually do it, don't think I'll be around to see it though. :D

Maybe sooner or later we can actually do it, don't think I'll be around to see it though. tongue.gif

You never know. Technology is getting more advanced every day. Might find something for immortality. That's pretty funny. My sister's birthday will be 24 hours and 1 second this year because her birthday is New Years Eve. That means I have to wait one more second before I put off fireworks :D I would like to see all of a sudden a delay on atomic clocks. Ought to be interesting. I don't remember the last time they did it because I was only 7 and too young to care. lol

One more second to redo what you did wrong. Or do something right. It is like at a party. 5.. 4.. 3.. 3 1/2.. 2.. 1.. Happy New Years. 61 Seconds for a minuet. Wow this is going to be one heck of a new years LOL. Well it has been a great year for all of us.Think seven years ago this happen to. I dont understand how come it is delayed?- Mysterio

Everything can't be perfect, even our knowledge of time. This is exactly why there's an extra day every four years in February...Blah, I don't find this a big deal, what's an extra second going to do in my life?P.S. Why can't the extra day every four years be in like June or July, instead of Febraury...I hate an extra day of Winter...why not give me an extra day to golf or go swimming...

I've read another news on the leap second on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

According to this article, this year will be the 23rd year to include a leap second since 1972. And the previous leap second that was inserted was 7 years ago. Meaning, we're all actually lagging behind time by 23 seconds from the real time assuming no leap seconds were introduced. And also if calculated, by year 2800, we're all lagging behind the real time by 1 day (24 hours).. Wow...!

i cant stand another second of 2005!!!i want 2006!!!2006 will rule!!!1) guns n roses release chinese democracy2) world cup3) i turn 16 4) my dad starts his ?100K per year job!!!!im soooo happy!! i cant wait!!but 2005 is the worst year ever!!

I don't know. I think this year was a good year overall. Especially this last week :D Christmas, I got my site going again. I made a bit of money working (until it was all stolen) Then again next year will be cool too, I will get my permit (watch out) Summer will come and I can work again. I will get out of school and stuff. I sort of just want to take life as it is cause you never know when it's gonna end. I am sort of glad they added another second anyway.

the first half the years sucked for me the second half was good, next year is gonna be the best though.ozzfest, well thats every year but its always one of the highlights of my yearTrivum/In flames/devil driver/zao concert!!!Ill be getting my marshall halfstackIm becoming a ninja

That's so interesting. I didn't even know that people did this. Mind you seven years ago I probably wasn't paying too much attention to anything 'news' related. I was probably just watching movies and tv shows and such.As for what the rest of us without atomic clocks... I don't think it'll be too much of a problem for me. My watch is always different from any other clock in this house... I just use it as an estimate anyway. If my watch says 10:00AM, then I know that it's *around* 10 in the morning.

The earth is spinning slower? I wonder when it'll come to a complete stop, and how many hours in a day in the year 900000. Well, I'm gonna get set my clocks 1 second back.

heheit was said that cause for the earth's rotation problem...that is to say,we can enjoy ourself by the extra 1 second than usual in one year?our life become long 1 sec?but the sum of our life does not change at all.however,it is really interesting and odd things as a natural phenomena. :D

So the spinning of the earth is slowing down and they need to extend the year by one second? This puts some credability to the statement... "Stop the world I want to get off!"  Maybe sooner or later we can actually do it, don't think I'll be around to see it though. :D

215710[/snapback]

Nah, Avalon. Earth spin itself loses about 1 second every 1000 years or so. This one is a correction due to the fact that our master clocks are not totally synch'd with Earth's rotation, according to what I heard on the news.

Say, Happy New Year 2006, folks :D