xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cerb

Will We Be Reimbursed The Credits Lost? While t17 has been down...

I had a little over 2 credits the other day. Now of course I have -5 because the site has been down for a few days, and I haven't been able to post. Once I hit 0 credits it, of course, went straight to -4. Is there any way that I can be reimbursed for this, being as it was not my fault that I dropped below 0?

Well, the fact you dropped below 0 is something you could have easily avoided by following the advice shown on the main page.

We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

Besides, another post like this and you would probably be back on track, is it really worth worrying about?

just rack up some useful/relevant posts to increase your credits now. :P that would not be difficult. moreover, even if Xisto forums was down, i think it hardly affected hosted member sites since hosted member sites are up and running altogether. saying that, your hosting credits already served its purpose. :P

Just make a few more posts and you'll be fine. Not to be mean, but it is better to make more / lengthyer (sp?) posts. It's for the best if you do, that way if the forum does go down for a couple of days, you'll have a lot of credits to spend. Besides, the hosting was up, meaning if you had a positive number, you would've been able to use your hosting.

Though the fact that you couldn't post during the few days it was down isn't your fault, it IS in fact your fault that you let your credits drop even below 10.As Avalon quotes, you should keep your credits above 10, you know, incase something like this happens.We're sorry for the inconvienince but there's nothing we can do.

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

Well, it seems that everyone wants their piece of me. Though, I do wonder, now that my credits are up enough for my site to be working, why it isn't working. What ever happened to getting above 4 credits and having your site turned back on? I've been above 4 for a while now and it's not back up. Previously it was automatic or within an hour or two.P.S. Obviously I didn't heed the warnings about staying above 10 credits, but one also must realize that the normal person doesn't expect a 3 day downtime of the forums. I went below 10, yes. I do, however, have a life that takes tending to.

I went below 10, yes. I do, however, have a life that takes tending to.

212184[/snapback]

We all have lives to attend to. Myself, I am married, have 3 teenage children and have a full time job that takes me from my home 12 hours a day. It depends I guess how much value you put on your hosting account. 30 minutes a week to keep my hosting account active sounds like a good deal to me. ;)

Though, I do wonder, now that my credits are up enough for my site to be working, why it isn't working. What ever happened to getting above 4 credits and having your site turned back on? I've been above 4 for a while now and it's not back up. Previously it was automatic or within an hour or two.

212184[/snapback]

Please send an email to support@Xisto.com

Please include your cpanel name, your site URL and detailed yet brief description of your problem and events taken place since the suspension.

Thank you.

Cerb,One good way to manage your time well is to choose topics you are interested in responding to and concentrating on making a solid, lengthy post. From looking over your post history it seems that you like to write a sentence or two and move on. I have found that it is easier and better to respond to posts that you are interested in and expanding your thoughts on it. Be creative and put your brain to work. I've found that making quality long posts consumes less of my precious time, eliminating the need to post "alot". Rarely will I pop in a conversation with a single sentence...So it seems you need to have a safe amount of credits to prevent having your account suspended...try doing what I do and maybe you won't have to spend so much time looking for posts to reply to and earning minimal credits for every little post you make...

You will most definetaly get re-imbersed with the credits that are owed to you, it is in their best interest to do so.

I guess, admin cannot really make sure if you have really lost some of your credits because of server problems. I had experienced losing credits too, but if i would ask admins and moderators to re-imburse my credits everyone will just ask for re-imbursement as well. And they may not have experienced the problem anyway.