xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

First Non-adsense Ad In Gmail a little box for Google Talk

Really weird: I just noticed another type of ad in Gmail. This is a little box under the Contacts link, and it's for Google Talk. Here's a screenshot

Posted Image

Here's a better one:

Posted Image

Quoted to prevent possibility of spam

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Yea, ive noticed that too. I think that would be a cool program to use. Problem is who would use it, I mean people already use AIM too much so basically its just a waste. I think you cna also chat through your mic to the other person, lol its just like AIM. Im gonna see if its better :P AIm has too much adware and crap with it.

ehh.. i guess they're just trying to get more people using it. No one i know yet that actually use google talk. I mostly use aim because everyone has it and i can't get them to sign up for MSN messenger. I like msn messenger the best. Everything is more fancy.

Welll after I noticed it..it looked nice and very nice way to advertise about the program...I use the program and is good enough. One more thing..I closed it by using that X mark and it has never comeback again..this way google made sure that It does not become annoying for people.

I personally do not mind this advertisment at all. It does not distract me when I am reading my message so I say way to go Google. I think more companies need to learn how to make ads visible but not in your way.

Yeah i noticed that ad too but like it isnt a big deal since it is only for one of googles projects which we pretty much all support anyway. Earlier someone said aim has too many ads and i so agree. I would try google talk but i already use Trillian Pro and i love it. There arent ads and it has soooo many features plus plugins and you can chat using a mic and also using a web cam so it already has those features.

omg, dude you sceard the hell out of me when i readed the topic... O.oI thought there where REAL ads, this is just promotion of their service... its not even a promotion its like a little new feauture... i dont realy like that gtalk becouse i cant add more ppl on one talk... i thinkand for that delete and trash thingie.. yes it looks logical when it says delete... but its not realy like that.. Google dont delete all of messages that you delete... whach out :P

Yeah i noticed that too, but it really doesn't bother me as long as there are no pop-ups or big flashing banners...I hitnk their messenger is going to be the best but we have to wait a bit and give it time to develop..In a few years all of us are going to use Gmessenger! :Ptrust me...hehe