xisto Community
unicornrose

Hp- All In One Printer Is Not A Good Buy HP-PSC 1510 Inkjet All-In-One Printer

I want to explain first things first.... I actually have used Hewlett Packard products in the past. In fact I had a used printer from someone else that I was able to use for 4 years before it died. I have always felt that HP products were well built and have liked the results I got from their products.Okay about 7 months ago my roommate saw an advertisement for the above printer for Best Buy. It was a very good price for the printer. She asked me to go along to look at the printer and help her decide if she would buy it. Since I had had such good luck with HP products in the past I looked at the printer and it appeared to be a good buy so I recommended it to her. And it was great too for 3 months it worked beautifully. It did everything that is said it did. We did have some problems with the scanning abilities but we thought maybe that was a software problem. She only really needed it for printing and making copies anyway and so was not too concerned about it. I did recommend to her to talk to HP about it but she figured she could wait on it for now. It was summer time after all and she was busy. Well three months in the power supply died. This in itself is not really a big deal these things happen. It could have been any number of things that caused it. A power surge or the power supply was just bad. Since the computer seemed to be okay we figured the power supply just died. It happens occationally with electronics so we thought nothing of it. So we went to the store on the off hand chance that we might be able to buy the power supply seperately. No such luck.So she called up HP customer service and they said they would send her a new power supply as soon as possible. I was about two weeks because the power supply cords were not in stock. (take note of this) Anyway two weeks later she got the new power supply. Apparently it was a new and improved design of the power supply. She plugged it in and not only did it fry the printer but it melted the power supply as well. Not to mention almost frying her too. Keep reading this is only the beginning.Okay so she gave them the benefit of the doubt and called them up and told them what happened. They said they would send her a new printer right away. A few days later the printer arrived without a power supply. You would think that if you tell them that your printer and your power supply were fried they would send you a new power supply too. Apparently not. So she called them up again and asked for a new power supply. Well they said it would take a month possibly longer because the power supply was not in stock. ( do we see a pattern forming here? ) Okay so she waited a week or two and called again to make sure that the power supply was still not in stock. The last person had recommended that she do this so she was following up as recommended. Again the customer service said a month or longer. She waited another two weeks and two power supplies came. They were both the new and improved versions. Because I was not sure if she plugged everything in properly I decided I would do the setting up this time. I very carefully plugged the printer into the power supply and then the surge protecter. I then turned the printer on. It worked! Great right. HA HA. I then tried to plug in the USB cord. That is when the sparks flew and the printer and the power supply both fried. So I got on the phone with HP customer service and explained the situation to them. The offered to send yet another printer and power supply. I esplained to them that obviously the new and improved version of the power supply was not working for this model and that they needed to send me the old version of the power supply that came with the printer originally. The customer service person assured me that they were going to be sending me the old version.She got the new printer and the new power supply and well the power supply was the new and improved version. Since we have almost been fried twice by this version of the power supply do you think we are stupid enough to try again. Heck no!! So she is going to send back all three printers and all 5 power supplies and tell them what she thinks of their product. Unless you feel like becoming (insert name here) fried on a stick do not buy this product!

Ya, I have had pretty good luck with HP products over the years, too. And I am amazed that this topic is here. They are usually quite good about their post-purchase service and support.But, electronic stuff is what it is. Supply-chain Management can be a problem sometimes. Hope it all works out.

I'm not surprised. Sure, I love HP Printers, but I have to admit, the All-in-One thing is a no go. I've been fond of its features, especially the scanning and copier options. It all went well for a while, when it suddenly got a Scanner Failure. Weird... That never happened before, and I didn't use the scanner much before that. ;) Great, the first person to experience it was my dad. Since I usually use the PSC (Printer/Scanner/Copier) he blamed it on me.With that done with, I needed to scan some manga for my manga scanlation team. Lo and behold! In the middle of the process came forth another scanner failure! I searched around the web and found out that I wasn't the only one experiencing this problem. Turns out you have to remove some black box from the PSC. I told my dad about it, and he opened it up, cleaned it a bit, but for some reason, didn't remove the black box. It worked like a charm for a few months, when it worked up again. :) I was furious, but as it turned out, the times when the PSC didn't work came in completely random. Now it works... for now.It was a good thing my dad got me a new scanner which didn't seem to have a record. Sure, it's still an HP scanner, but now I know that the All-in-One series might be tempting, but you should use it at your own risk, especially if you use it for the main purpose of the scanner.

Notice from rejected:
Changed "our" to "out", as requested.
Edited by rejected (see edit history)

Wow, and I thought I had bad luck with electronics. I have nver had a problem with my Hp all-in-one printer though. Working great for 2 years now (Knock on wood). Although Hps customer service isn't all that great. My sister bought a All-In-One Lexmar printer and well.... that thing isn't good for anything. The scanner dosen't work right. It uses ink like no tommorow. Thats even with setting the ink usage to "low". Although it prints far better pictures than my Hp though. I've always been a fan of Hp because everything I get from them seems to last for a while. I guess the most recent thing I had from them to go bad was a 8 year old monitor.

I myself also had good luck with HP products. I bought an HP printer over the summer with my first paycheck from landscaping ;) lol anyway, it seems to be working fine for me. It works fine and prints, scans, and copies very well. The only problem I have is that sometimes when I try to cancel printing during the middle of it it won't cancel but get an error. Maybe sometimes it's because I forget I have a cancel button and disconnect it from my computer :) But then it won't print at all because it will continue trying to print it whether I press cancel or not. That is sort of my fault though. I just have to restart my computer to get it to work. Other than that it's fine. I just wish I could just send the file to it without being connected by usb.

I also have an HP All In One printer and I hate it. It does not grab the paper right so about 3/4 times if I am printing a paper that has something in the header half of the header gets cut off. This printer also has flaws when it comes to ink. In a normal printer the black ink cartridge is larger than the color ones because people tend to print more in black and white than color. In my printer all of the ink cartridges are the same so I used all my black in a short time and I need to buy new ink way too often.

I have the same all in one printer, works beautifully, has been for a long time, I think it is a good buy, just because one person has a bad experience doesn't mean others well. I have heard sooo many bad things and experiences from people going to Xisto, but when I came I absolutely loved it, now I'm moving to Xisto's pay version: Xisto - Web Hosting. So if I were to get a new innovating printer, I would go for HP.

Yea... I have had good luck with my HP Products but now there becoming more and more cheapy.... with repairs and such so that it de-grades the product quality. So I would NOT :lol: to buy any HP products anytime soon. Go with a Dell All in One! They work great and are a great add on to your Dell Computer....lol

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

i had a hp printer earlier and it used to work satisfactorily but then had to change it coz it was cozing a lotta problems, however now i use a hp scanner and m also planning to but an all-in-one hp, after my friend's suggestion who has been using it quite some time and is very happy with ityes, its is true that different people have different experiences

not so bad for me

Hp- All In One Printer Is Not A Good Buy

I've had no problems with my hp, but I am noticing some pretty rapid ink usage, and the printer can no longer print a full page image..This may be a cleaning issue though, I really don't know though. I use my printer on at the least a weekly basis and have gotten some heavy usage out of it, as I am a designer so it has been fairly good for the price.

-reply by avengingwatcher

HP All In One Printers Are Criminally BadHp- All In One Printer Is Not A Good Buy

I suppose I shouldn't complain because my HP All-In-One printer came free with my Mac but it has been such a liability both to me and the environment.

In addition to the fact that the printer rarely scans and frequently provides mystifying and apparently unresolvable error messages, I can't believe the amount of money I've been forced to spend on printer cartridges. Clearly this isn't a "free" printer at all. 

Honestly, shouldn't there be a consumer move for standardization of print cartridges?

The tiny amount of ink provided in each HP cartridge, the printer software's insistance on printing alignment pages everytime you have to restart it because of software bugs, the warnings that you are "low on ink" two days after you install a cartridge all make running the HP All In One extremely expensive.

How about if we pay a real price for the printer in the first place and get refillable cartridges that aren't the real profit center for the company? 

-reply by Duffy Pearce

I use an HP All-In-One printer. I've had good luck with it so far, and I've had it since early this year. Granted, I don't really use it much at all. However, I do think it was a good buy. I only paid fifty dollars for it so comparing what I paid for it to how well it suits my needs, I'd say I got a good deal. Sure, there are printers out there that are a lot better, but I don't really need a higher-end printer for now. Either way, I've had printers that were much worse than my HP All-In-One so no complaints here.

I also use one but actually I now think it sucks. Since I installed the Windows 7 RTM, it can't recognise any drivers. I'm trying to see if its the printer itself because I need it for school work.

Great!!!Hp- All In One Printer Is Not A Good Buy

My son just gave me his all in one from HP PSC series 1510 and I have been looking for a driver and Usb cord.  I need to get an ink cartridge too for its gone.  

I have an old printer that works fine and was just waiting for it to run out of ink before installing this.  But from all the reviews about it am thinking maybe I am better off with my old printer and just leaving things as they are.  So anyone out this reading this what do you think?  Cause I don't have a lot of money to burn and am on a fixed income.

-reply by Rose