xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Runescape...not That Great

My name says it alll. literally looked up runescape hater just because i wanted to spread the news on what im doing.. iI hate runescape so much that im actually gonna try to shut it down or suttin like that.. i wanna get as many as i can to quit start a group or people who also hate the game and spread the news and warn people not to play all over the runescape forums and sites... it may sound crazy but i feel like my purpose in life was to rid most of this game as well as i can without doing anything illegal or wrong.

I am done for now may post more later.

Your purpose of life is to live a good life for you. Not to ruin it for others. Many people, including myself enjoy Runescape. If people like me didn't play it, it would probably be another dead RPG game. And since you hate it so much, why don't you make a better one? Eh, if RS put their game on disk, like WoW, it would have better graphics, RS is not a download game, you download nothing to pay for free. I mean they egg you to become a member throughout the game, but that's the same with all RPG's, like AQ for example, they always try to get you to be a Guardian. Runescape is not a bad game, I mean c'mon, it has so many things that can teach you something about life. You could meet up with a friend, or build a house, kill someone, save someone, things people do daily. In the end, I will let you choose how you feel about this game, or any other game. And by the way, you and like 500 people, not even 50000 people, could change RS, it has over 1,000,000 members. And I shall end this with a 'good luck', as you'll need it to 'shut down' RS. Farewell!

I agree, Runescape is not worth spending hours and hours on. World of Warcraft on the other hand, is well worth it. It offers better graphics, and endless features and interactiveness for all.

Runescape is extremely addicting and offers no gameplay, it's just simply: click on monster > watch your guy stab over and over > do the same thing over and over to get higher skills to kill more monsters.It's the same with all skills.-reply by liam

Who even considers this game "good" anymore? I mean, they have basically done all they could to promote more options for their paid players, and just let the free players rust in misery. They even took out the Wilderness with Player Kill + Loot feature, which about 3/4 of the free population loved. What free players used to do as a fun way to spend time was ruined as runescape thought "Real World Item Traders" got somehow "involved" with all of this. I would consider calling it "RuinedScape" from now on.

i use to play runescape, obsessively, and it took me a long time to finaly realise "why am i paying, to do repetative things, over and over again, day after day, month after month, for no reason, and with no useful outcome?"I still check the website sometimes out of interest, to see how far it hase moved on. But i really dont think it is that great. I must agree, runescape isnt all its cracked up to be. Come to think of it, who cracked it up?

My name says it alll. literally looked up runescape hater just because i wanted to spread the news on what im doing.. iI hate runescape so much that im actually gonna try to shut it down or suttin like that.. i wanna get as many as i can to quit start a group or people who also hate the game and spread the news and warn people not to play all over the runescape forums and sites... it may sound crazy but i feel like my purpose in life was to rid most of this game as well as i can without doing anything illegal or wrong.I am done for now may post more later.

Dude, I don't like RuneScape.com that much either, but private servers are cool. No lag, or no invisible downloading. Just because you don't like RuneScape doesn't mean you need to ruin it for the people who do like it. Stop being so selfish, trying to get it shut down just because it is your least favorite game. Okay, well I dislike alot of sh*t, but do I run around making a fool of myself to get it all shut down? No. Actually, your purpose in life is to stop being such a jackass, not to get RuneScape shut down. What an idiot.
Edited by VolcomKid194 (see edit history)

O-o Fail much?Runescape...not That Great

Ahh the good 'ole WoW VS RS thing...WoW = Expensive, hours of downloading updates, Massive use of CPU and bandwidth, takes up an incredible amount of memory on your pc.Yes, I've played WoW, it took 20 hours to install, then because I didn't play for a month it wanted to spend another 20 hours performing updates. Good graphics? Heck, I think Diablo II has better graphics.RS = Free, unless you get bored and decide to purchase members (Still cheaper than WoW.), Bad graphics (Though the graphics were massively updated a few months back), Simple controls, Wider variety of skills that you can do at once, takes up little memory.Yes, they're both bad. Yes, they're both repetative. Yes, we're all sad for playing them and talking about them.The point of them? Isn't that obvious, LOL. To waste time, because we simply have nothing to do while stuck inside watching the rain, wishing buses ran on sundays.And @ DogEater008 Dec 3 2005, 03:38 AM"I have heard of this game before. . And tried t opaly once. It was a demo or just trial or whatever. .I was a ghost or something. .And just going back and forth.. Didn't know what I was doing. I didn't really bother to find out what the game is about. .Because the graphic is like pokemon... I was recommanded runescape on one of the forum when I started a topic asking for any free good MMORPG games. I suprised how many people recommanded the game. .What exactly is the point of this game?"Ghost? What on earth were you playing. That sounds more like WoW you melon... RS doesn't have a demo. Neither can you be a ghost.@ Flamers; Yes, you're welcome to your own opinion, but please respect others. Somethings just aren't the same to everyone. Get over it. Get over yourselves for that matter.~~Anra~~

runescape sucksRunescape...not That Great

I gotta say runescape is probably one of the most boring mmorpg's I have ever played.  the graphics are somewhat decent but its full of macroers which is really annoying and people always trying to take your account I don't understand though why people care so much if there account gets stolen. I mean come on its a game these people should get over themselves and go outside where there is fresh air and hot babes

-reply by marroc

ITS SO DAMN REPETITIVE Runescape...not That Great

I started this game in around 2004 january and I've gotta say its fun at first. But after a year or so it is soooooooooo repetitive all you do is just click on an ore or a log and wait til you get it and do it again and again dna again ffs! and you may even get an ent or a stone golem every so often woopdy doo! then you go to bank your logs and run out of energy so you have to walk all the way to the bank which takes 5 minutes. Or your axe breaks from an ent so you have to go get it repaired which is miles away, you get all the way there and you cant afford too! 

No but seriously I wouldnt play. I quit around 2005 june and I havnt logged on since, really it's no fun at all. People find it addicting but even though they play it, they still don't enjoy it!/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley7.Gif

seriously I would rather watch grass grow then make fires with a tinderbox all day while training my woodcutting level.

-reply by REPETITIVE

Goes to show half of you know NOTHING of what you talk about...

I just finished playing runescape, and I have to say....its no that great. It is not compatible with 56K modems, and it downloads too much stuff onto your computer. The graphics arent very good either.

Funny, Runescape doesn't download nothing on your computer at all. Get a better internet connection or play on consoles :|

My name says it alll. literally looked up runescape hater just because i wanted to spread the news on what im doing.. iI hate runescape so much that im actually gonna try to shut it down or suttin like that.. i wanna get as many as i can to quit start a group or people who also hate the game and spread the news and warn people not to play all over the runescape forums and sites... it may sound crazy but i feel like my purpose in life was to rid most of this game as well as i can without doing anything illegal or wrong.

I am done for now may post more later.

Fail.

Never going to happen, my good sir.

i have heard of this game before. . and tried t opaly once. It was a demo or just trial or whatever. .I was a ghost or something. .and just going back and forth.. didn't know what i was doing. I didn't really bother to find out what the game is about. .because the graphic is like pokemon.... I was recommanded runescape on one of the forum when i started a topic asking for any free good MMORPG games. I suprised how many people recommanded the game. .

what exactly is the point of this game?

You were most likely playing Wow and died and didn't know about it. Lol.

I used to play runescape so much a while ago and then I got a couple new pc games and thought, wow this game really sucks! no just kidding.. I just got really bored of its graphics and bored over the whole game and its combat system and stuff.. All in all a huge waste of time and if your a member even bigger waste of time and money.

I was a member and it was a bigger waste of time; which is what I wanted. But, the money was well spent :(

I am ashamed to admit it, but I played Runescape a while back.

I dislike all MMORPGs right now, but I was interested at the times. For a free browser-based game it's pretty decent, but the whole game is horrible.

There are a lot of people who try to cheat and scam people. It's also very laggy at times. I can't imagine anyone who would pay money to be a "member" in that game.

Wtf? Runescape isn't very laggy to me. I payed money for membership but my opinion is the same with all MMORPGS. Click, click, and click

did u also know that rune scape carries vurisses and people who spy and mess up your computer and as far as im conserned im never gonna use it

Learn to know what you talk about before you use the internet.

and learn to spell.

I too am a RS hater. I played it for a little while because all of my friends were into it, but there's nothing to do except for work on your stupid little skills. There isn't even a storyline! The paid version isn't much better either, although you do get to play some fun mini-games. Hopefully, it will go out of style like all MMORPGs eventually do.

BECAUSE ALL MMORPGS ARE THE SAME!

Ya. Everything takes way too long. It takes forever to go up one lvl in attack or strength or health or defence or any other. To lvl your tree cutting from lvl 55, its gonna take forever. You can sit there going back and forth putting logs into your bank and cutting more and going back. After a few hours you might lvl. And than with attacking defending and health. You get xp when you attack but its very little. You could also be attacking for a few hours and get a lvl if ur lucky. And you gotta go up like 3 lvls on all your stuff just to go up one combat lvl. And the area to battle is so small. People can be wussies and run off and cry in there corner without dying. In diablo 2, the towns are small and the rest is big. You can battle anywear but town. You can run into town but if you wanna do something else you'll get killed. Also in RuneScape, you could just walk in and someone else could start attacking you when you did nothing. In diablo 2, you gotta hostile em. They dont gotta hostile you but you gotta hostile you. So you can do what you want without getting killed. And in Diablo 2 not everything is a set. Actually. Sets arent worth as much as other things. In runescape, everything is basically part of a set. But the good thing about RuneScape is the more gold you got, the richer you are. In Diablo 2, gold is almost worthless. Its really only good for buying your mercanary. But people in Diablo 2 are stronger than people in Runescape. A lvl 12 from Diablo 2 could beat a lvl 102 from runescape. My Hammerdin could take on all of runescape at once. With my mercanery there, I would destroy them all. Even if my mercanery didn't attack, I would win. My sorceress could take out 10 people with one fireball. It could destroy 10+ with meteor. Diablo 2 is a lot better.

Thing is Diablo isn't an MMORPG. 8 players max? C'mon. Besides, they have pvp worlds now so you can battle ANYWHERE.

I angree, it takes to much time on all, i used let me see, 3 days from 58 to 70 defence, that is a big time waster, evrything there costs much money, so if you dont are a good merchanter, well then good luck with money, couse you wont get to much of them.
Also it is all those scammers and 'hackers' that steals all you got when you are 'good', if the game was faster, all items was cheaper and better graphics i think Runescape would been more active, and don't lose the players that found out how much of a time waster it was.

~ Arne-Christian

It's a matter of time really, I don't blame you. I've been on and off for this exact reason.

RuneScape ... Definately not one of my better experiences in the world of MMORPGs.
Sure, it's free, and graphics aside there's nothing overly bad with the gameplay, heck, for a free online RPG the graphics aren't overly terrible. After a while, I found myself wandering around with a few sparkly new items, a good couple of quests under my belt, exploring new areas ... The lot, but my heart just wasn't in it. I was literally playing because I was bored, there was nothing better to do, and I figured my RuneScape obsessed friend wouldn't shut up until I at least played it.

The quests failed to excite me, the town's seemed to look too much like one another, in my opinion, everyone was trying to sell stuff or collecting their eBay orders ("Hey, are you kimikat_35 from eBay?" "Erm ... Sure." "Here's your new sword! Nice doing business with you!" "Well, now kimikat_35 is an idiot for two reasons") ... It was just a really uninspiring game.

Don't get me wrong, I've played worse, MUCH worse, but I will not be going back to RuneScape for certain.

Yeah, you see, I have nothing to say about this because he actually reasoned as to why he dislikes it.
ursmahrt

I think runescape is the biggest waste of time ever.
Alot of people who play it have no life outside of the game.

sleep.gif

Wow, seriously, if I have no life, then everyone that does must not either?

I'm probably more socially active then half the people in this forum :\

They never fix the bugs/bad code they createRunescape...not That GreatI'm quitting after years of playing (off and on due to boredom) and it's because of the bad code jagex wrote when they updated the graphics. Yeah, the runetek5 graphics may be prettier, but when bad code accompanies it (the kind of code that kills the application, so whatever you were fighting kills you and you lose all your stuff because you have to go to the home page and reload the java app that died because of the bug, even if you can remember what world you were in and have the best gravestone, you still lose all your crap). Having to reload the game every 2 - 30 mins is ridiculous.And obviously "the names medina" never bothered to look in their program files to find the jagex cache folder that rs DOWNLOADS AND STORES on your computer. People shouldn't talk about what they DON'T KNOW.

u ppl are nutsRunescape...not That Great

runescape is the second best game I have playedd online (but I admit it does get boreing between events). It might be good but I would NEVER pay to play it. I have been playing for years and still play. It is repedditive, boreing between events, and et (eternal lands) has better graphics but I still like it

-reply by hermes701