xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Runescape...not That Great

I am ashamed to admit it, but I played Runescape a while back.I dislike all MMORPGs right now, but I was interested at the times. For a free browser-based game it's pretty decent, but the whole game is horrible. There are a lot of people who try to cheat and scam people. It's also very laggy at times. I can't imagine anyone who would pay money to be a "member" in that game.

I just finished playing runescape, and I have to say....its no that great. It is not compatible with 56K modems, and it downloads too much stuff onto your computer. The graphics arent very good either.

210056[/snapback]

did u also know that rune scape carries vurisses and people who spy and mess up your computer and as far as im conserned im never gonna use it

I too am a RS hater. I played it for a little while because all of my friends were into it, but there's nothing to do except for work on your stupid little skills. There isn't even a storyline! The paid version isn't much better either, although you do get to play some fun mini-games. Hopefully, it will go out of style like all MMORPGs eventually do.

I think Im the only one that likes Runescape ;)... Im playing it for about 3 month and have good results in it. I understand thous people who says they hate or dislike runescape but this game is popular because u dont need to download big files to play (that why bad graphics) and you only need good internet to play it... If any people is still playing it please say me your nick so i can meet you in the game.

210834[/snapback]

Runescape is booring until you get members, good items, high levels and all that, walking around in a free world with noobs asking for free items, i would rater quit, thought i have quited, it just takes to much RAM. Annyway me and some friends is doing a helpsite for it, it just feel good to help all these "noobs" to get better levels, also the graphics is better now since Runescape Clasics. ( I have DSL thought so it wasn't that laggy) (lookup andersklasen if you play Runescape then you will see my levels ;) yes its a stupid name i know, my friend made it and he quited, so i just started playing it and was hooked for some months)

Ya. Everything takes way too long. It takes forever to go up one lvl in attack or strength or health or defence or any other. To lvl your tree cutting from lvl 55, its gonna take forever. You can sit there going back and forth putting logs into your bank and cutting more and going back. After a few hours you might lvl. And than with attacking defending and health. You get xp when you attack but its very little. You could also be attacking for a few hours and get a lvl if ur lucky. And you gotta go up like 3 lvls on all your stuff just to go up one combat lvl. And the area to battle is so small. People can be wussies and run off and cry in there corner without dying. In diablo 2, the towns are small and the rest is big. You can battle anywear but town. You can run into town but if you wanna do something else you'll get killed. Also in RuneScape, you could just walk in and someone else could start attacking you when you did nothing. In diablo 2, you gotta hostile em. They dont gotta hostile you but you gotta hostile you. So you can do what you want without getting killed. And in Diablo 2 not everything is a set. Actually. Sets arent worth as much as other things. In runescape, everything is basically part of a set. But the good thing about RuneScape is the more gold you got, the richer you are. In Diablo 2, gold is almost worthless. Its really only good for buying your mercanary. But people in Diablo 2 are stronger than people in Runescape. A lvl 12 from Diablo 2 could beat a lvl 102 from runescape. My Hammerdin could take on all of runescape at once. With my mercanery there, I would destroy them all. Even if my mercanery didn't attack, I would win. My sorceress could take out 10 people with one fireball. It could destroy 10+ with meteor. Diablo 2 is a lot better.

I angree, it takes to much time on all, i used let me see, 3 days from 58 to 70 defence, that is a big time waster, evrything there costs much money, so if you dont are a good merchanter, well then good luck with money, couse you wont get to much of them.Also it is all those scammers and 'hackers' that steals all you got when you are 'good', if the game was faster, all items was cheaper and better graphics i think Runescape would been more active, and don't lose the players that found out how much of a time waster it was.~ Arne-Christian

cept ud think that after 6 years online they would be able to upgrade the graphics a bit heh

They are, well, more or less. See, it's a Java applet game and being such puts a very uncomfortable limit on its graphics capabilities. (I personally think Java is not exactly the best language to use if you wanted graphics. You'd be better off with C# and DirectX) It's not all that bad, I mean, Runescape is free, more or less playable, runs on any applet-enabled browser and runs on any platform running the aforementioned browser. So you don't have to be a slave of Windows, you could play it on Linux, or OS X, you could play on an IBM, MAC or any other computer that supports GUI's

Methinks they have reached a plateau for their graphics. They are making excellent progress in sounds, though. By excellent, I meant, comparatively excellent for a Java applet game.

I don't always play it, though. I just go there when I'm really, REALLY, REALLY bored. Oh, I also go there during Easter, Hallowe'en and Christmas, for the holiday drops :lol:

Well, the graphics might not be that good, but it is one of the best Java-based games, with great graphics for just a Java game.But again, it is getting to bore me.BUT you can't buy pixels for real money there, since it will get your account banned ;-)

RuneScape ... Definately not one of my better experiences in the world of MMORPGs.Sure, it's free, and graphics aside there's nothing overly bad with the gameplay, heck, for a free online RPG the graphics aren't overly terrible. After a while, I found myself wandering around with a few sparkly new items, a good couple of quests under my belt, exploring new areas ... The lot, but my heart just wasn't in it. I was literally playing because I was bored, there was nothing better to do, and I figured my RuneScape obsessed friend wouldn't shut up until I at least played it.The quests failed to excite me, the town's seemed to look too much like one another, in my opinion, everyone was trying to sell stuff or collecting their eBay orders ("Hey, are you kimikat_35 from eBay?" "Erm ... Sure." "Here's your new sword! Nice doing business with you!" "Well, now kimikat_35 is an idiot for two reasons") ... It was just a really uninspiring game.Don't get me wrong, I've played worse, MUCH worse, but I will not be going back to RuneScape for certain.