xisto Community
rejected

Parents Gave My Dogs Away sad..angry..freakin p.oed

I'm on vacation for a short while in California with my grandparents, and the rest of my family is in Texas. I've been gone for a week now, and my mother calls me up and tells me that they've given away my two dogs!!! It was so messed up I thought she was joking, but slowly came to the realization that she wasn't. My Australian red heeler, Lady, and my chocolate lab, Sandy had been given away. I wish I hadn't left for my vacation.. I really wish I hadn't. I feel like killing my parents... this is so messed up

They just gave them away? That's pretty sad. If you liked those dogs you should have a say in wheter they should go or not. I have never had dogs but I have thought about buying one. I would never want to see something I care about be given away behind my back. I feel bad for you.

yeah i agree that is messed up did they give you the truth of why they sold the dogs or did they just make somthing up like they be better off somewhere else? I give the silent treatment for that one, waiting till you leave to sell your dogs.

Wow man, that is so messed up. Your mother must be a jer (no offense). Why would she do such a thing? Seperating a boy from his pet, such a sad story i just want to sobb... But you will probably get over it pretty soon, hope it goes well for you.

Wow..that just sounds wrong. I've had my parents give away some of my possessions before, like my favorite clothes or something, but giving away dogs?! Did you have the dogs for a long time and your parents just didn't like them or something? Well, hope you'll be able to forget about this soon. Parents are sometimes just idiotic like that.

Now, this is quite unfair to do things like that behind somebody else's back. Without knowing your parents, I'd still say they are lagging in communications. How about waiting the next time they are out and get them on phone to tell 'em you just sold 'em to a horse trader :) ?

That is just SO wrong man. They're being so incosiderate and that's just an understatement (no offence).If my parents were to give my dog away without giving me a reasonable explanation, they would've been sorry they did that. But my dog was also given away, but I totally understand why my parents did that and we had a discussion about it bwe decided to give her up. But I still miss her alot. I have pictures of her on my computer too. :)

Somehow I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Parents, (I am one) don't just do things like that for no reason. I find it very hard to believe they would give away your dogs for no reason or without discussion first. Did you ask them WHY they gave away your dogs? They are your parents and most likely they love you, (most parents do you know, even though it may not seem like it at times) they don't want to see you upset just for the heck of it, there must be a reason behind it. You may not like the reason or agree with it, but when you sit down and think about, it will probably make sense.

Yesterday my mother called and said that.. I ended up hanging up on her from rage.She called back earlier and said that the reason was that my parents thought I wasn't giving them enough attention, and that they were scaring her cats. I really don't think that that's an appropriate reason at all, and it's something that they could've discussed with me as well. I spend around an hour of straight time with my dogs a day, and they play with each other for the rest. I think that's enough time? I play with them on and off later in the day as well, if they bring me a toy I throw it, etc.Yeah, I know that they aren't doing it just to upset or anger me, but they could've at least spoken to me about it or told me in advance.AeroBlack, I don't know what a jer is, could you explain? >.<

Giving away your dogs while you were away is one of the most disturbing things I can imagine. I also have two dogs at my place (A deaf Dalmation and a German shepherd) and I cant imagine living without my dogs. If they have given your dogs away there must be some strong reason behind it. Have you tried figuring out the real reason behind all this? I sincerely hope there is still a chance you could get your dogs back. I feel bad for you buddy but I hope you get em back

omg, I'm really sorry that your parents gave away your dogs... I feel so bad. I can't imagine if that happened to me... you should really talk to your parents about that. But that's horrible what they did!

I know this happened a long time ago now, rejected, but here's my take on that situation, harsh as you may think it is. I'm completely on your parents' side on this one. Especially if the dogs were hassling their cats. Their roof, their cats, their rules, no dogs that go around chasing cats. Seems completely reasonable to me. I think they were waiting for you to leave for some time to make the whole thing easier, and I don't blame them, but they maybe could've handled it differently.Spending an hour a day with a blue heeler is nothing. Those dogs need constant attention. Further, they shouldn't be adopted as "pets". They were bred to be working dogs on a ranch. Why people keep those awful dogs is beyond me, they don't do well in a household environment at all, they're needy, emotional, and hyper. The lab might not have been too bad if it was well trained to respect the cats and all that. The heeler.... I would've shot it if it was in my household and I caught it chasing cats just once. Cats are just too small and really are no match for a larger dog like that. I hope you've wised up a bit and haven't replaced the heeler with another one. They're sheep and cattle dogs, not people dogs.

Theres like three people who have mentioned they agree with the parents, be that as it may what they did was wrong. Giving away dogs while someone is gone is completely wrong, especially without telling them. Do you know how awful it feels to have something horrible/drastic happen when you are away? ESPECIALLY if you are away having fun only to come back, or be called in the middle of it and hear bad news. My ex got rid of my cat without me being there and without asking my permission and it hurt, especially because i never got to say goodbye. You tend to lose trust and respect for people like that. The situation wouldn't be as bad had they waited till the Original Poster got back so they could discuss it with them and so they could say goodbye. I think what sucks most, is knowing when you get back you wont be able to see them, it also sucks when you don't know they were gotten rid of and you spend half the time you are away wanting to go back to them, only to find out you can't. So agree with the parents if you like, but just consider how cruel it is in the end to do something like this to someone.

wow that really sucks, im glad i had parents that actually liked my dog. My parents actually loved my old dog alot.. but theres astory im going to share..This old dog of mine was a mut mixed of a german shepard with a a doberman.. very odd mix but a very loyal dog he was... Very sneaky and clever as well.. He would always sneek out.. from the back yard.. im not sure how he would do it but im assuming he actually climb over the fence. its a 5 ft fence not that big but still a nice climb for the dog. but he would sneak out on thrusday nights or friday nights, and sometimes we wouldnt see him all weekend, but sure enough he would be sitting on the porch early monday mornings from his hang over.. it was actually pretty funny... my mom would always say we had the only dog with a night life .. as if he was in his early tweentys.. out clubbing.. but in reality who knows where this dog would go and how far hed been.but on a sad note.. he ended up being dragged and killed. we never found out who did this and or why.. but one morning as i was leaving to school for a saturday track meet, my dad and i drove like three blocks down from our house towards the school, and we saw him laying there, we pulled over and as soon as we got closer we noticed that his hind legs had been tied down, and the rope was still there and you could see that he was dragged... so it sucked.. to had seen that, im im not going to lie, it was actually very sad and it really made me cry, I had had that dog for 7 years of my life.. dog years who knows how long that is, but he was a great frind a great pet to have had.. R.I.P Rocky that was my dogs name.. Rocky