xisto Community
Chameleon

Depressing Songs good depressing music

Uh. Mine are a little less mainstream. I really don't like a lot of the whiny music previously posted.... Blink 182 et cetera. Anyway..1. Slint - Good morning Captain2. The Breeders - Oh! (or 900)3. Midlake - Young Bride4. Tyler, The Creator - Bastard (or Seven)5. Madeleine Peyroux - Between the Bars (Elliot Smith cover)6. Virtual Boy - Mass7. Dinosaur Jr. - Out there (or Little Fury Things)8. Mushroomhead - Mother Machine Gun9. Modest Mouse - Dramamine (or Interstate 8)

Here are some depressing songs i know - Fallen by Sara Mclaughlan, Far Away by Nickelback, Blind by Lifehouse, Carolyn by Black Veil Brides, Broken by Lifehouse, and Rise Above this by Seether. I think the last two are the saddest because Broken is about a man who was in the hospital because of a car crash and Jason (Lead singer) went to go visit him because they were friends and The chorus is Basically what the man said only they changed it to rhyme. and Rise Above This is about Eugene Morgan (Lead singer, (Shaun Morgan)'s brother) Who committed suicide. Shaun made the song and music video for his brother.

I prefer not to listen to depressing music (read as: Whiny music). It's not that it depresses me, but that I can't stand hearing people whine about how their lives are horrible. Get over it...

So the people arent whinning their expressing their feelings through the music so... they arent "whinning" persay they are telling people of what they are going through and not expecting sympathy which you do when you "whine"

Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies

House of Pain - Faster Pussycat

I Go to Pieces - Del Shannon

Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana

Less depressing ones:

Until it Sleeps - Metallica

Love Hurts - Nazareth

Hey You - Pink Floyd

Jeopardy - Greg Kihn Band

(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

These are from my own collection of music. I have more, but they didn't really fit the conversations I was reading.

Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)