xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Ipod Not Working, Need Help

my ipod is not working

My ipod is not comming on what should I do

Tryed all sort but don't know what to do I am going away soon and what to take it with me

-reply by sheena

Ipod restored but showing icon

I restored my ipod but all that is showing now is an icon showing it should be plugged into some type of socket, what can I do?>

THanks

Ipod not swithcing on

When trying to switch on ipod and resetting it - it comes up with a red circle with a big red cross in the middle. Please help.

-question by keith adams

My Ipod is not working

Hi all,

My Ipod is not working. My screen does not light up but I can faintly see the apple on my ipod. When I hook it up to computer with USB, nothing happens.

Please help?

Thanks,

-question by Diana

Any iPod problems try calling apple, or try the link already posted above apple ipod trouble shooting and go from there, its a step by step do this, do that if it fixes it yay.

Or try taking it into an apple shop. My local apple repair shop is nice. Even if you can't go in there call them up. If it's a common problem they can talk you through how to fix if you've got enough technology knowhow.

Always ask if its covered by warranty, and if not how much it would be.

not playing songs

I have apple ipod model no A1112 . I had downloaded mp3 songs from internet . But it's not playing the songs . On connecting it with computer it shows the list of songs and even plays them on appling headset every thing is blank

On switching on ipod it shows orange and yellow light and then stops no lighting nothing at all please suggest me what to do as soon as possible please

-reply by shruti

Ipod not working correctly

Hey, if anyone can help me with my problem it would be great. I have an Ipod 5th Generation.

It works fine whilst I am listening to music, etc. But as soon as I put video's on it & try to watch them it just freezes up every single time. I have tried putting different video's etc on it, but the same thing keeps happening... Can anyone offer me some advice???

-reply by Cassa

re-start ipodIpod Not Working, Need Help

I got one 80gb ipod and I was useing it more than one yearbut suddenly it stopped when I was watching some photos. Now one photois on the screen. I want to re-start it.Please give me a detail that how I can get songs from internet to my ipod

problems with ipodIpod Not Working, Need Help

If someone sees this comment I need some help.. My ipod was working fine... Was being the key word.. And now it says it is connected to the computer, the computer will not recognize it...It recognized it just fine before and the songs will not sync... Resetting it does absolutely nothing.. I do now know what to do.. This is the second ipod nano that has done this to me and it is driving me crazyPLEASE HELP ME!

-reply by megan

I have an ipod 30gb was working fine untill I de plugged from my PC. When connected it used to say "Do not dusconnect" with out noticing I unpluged it and now the PC is not recogonising the Ipod.The message goes like this ( One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.Kindly help me out.

problem with ipod A1112

I have a problem with the ipod A1112.. It is not being recognized by any computer!1! why? please help me

-reply by christopher

Have you installed iTunes on your computer? You need to have iTunes running on your computer to connect your iPod. I know, I know, the other MP3 players emulate a USB flash disk so you can just copy-paste the files across, but the guys at Apple Corporation just had to make life difficult for us all by forcing us to use iTunes.

On the positive side, you can also install applications from the App Store using iTunes, so it's not all that bad. Plus there's the synchronization between Apple iTunes and the Apple iPod that you can do to keep copies of all your music.

Manuals!Ipod Not Working, Need Help

Umm, before you try restarting and all that, read the manual. It should say something about the iPod not responding and the exact instructions how to fix it. That's what happened to my iPod just today. 

-reply by Lillian

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I didn't see anywhere else for it...Ok, my girlfriend got a 2 GB iPod Nano about a month ago. She had about 100 songs on it and one day they just disappeared. Her normal PC won't recognize that she has the iPod plugged in, and her stepdad's laptop will recognize it... But after she transfers all the songs, and she unplugs the iPod from the laptop, she loses all of her songs again...She talked to an apple guy, but they said she needed to do a system restore on it, but they didn't tell her how... And she can't return it because she got it engraved... Anyone got any suggestions?-question by greg

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I didn't see anywhere else for it...Ok, my girlfriend got a 4 GB iPod Nano about a month ago. She had about 100 songs on it and one day they just disappeared. Her normal PC won't recognize that she has the iPod plugged in, and her stepdad's laptop will recognize it... But after she transfers all the songs, and she unplugs the iPod from the laptop, she loses all of her songs again...
She talked to an apple guy, but they said she needed to do a system restore on it, but they didn't tell her how... And she can't return it because she got it engraved... Anyone got any suggestions?

There are lots of chinese ipods on market, i dont know whether the ipod u got is a apple ipod or a chinese ipod. As far as my experience is concerned, I have faced a similar kind of problem with the chinese ipod. there isnt a better solution for a chinese version ipod other than to throw it to dustbin.