xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vineeth

Assembled V/s Branded Pc What youll prefer?

Hello friends,I am from India where most of the people are using assembled computers, which are created by local dealers who purchases components from original hardware makers and sets up a PC, exclusively for you.I am also using a computer which I made myself in the similer way. I opted for this because of the minimum price, ease of customization etc.What about you? Which one you use, a branded PC or an assembled one?

custom-assembled. not much difference anyway from branded ones. as long as it efficiently runs the applications i choose, a custom one do just fine for me. B) at least you can control the cost and the hardware specifications you want, and tweak your PC as you please... unlike branded ones where you can easily lose your service warranty even if you just barely lift the covers off. B)

Assembled all the way.I've built my computer up from a p2 and its more powerful than any branded computer out there (yes I can say that absolutely, just because of my hdd space B)).Norton is an antivirus... hijackthis is a diagnostic tool (as far as I've heard anyway); and there are opensource/freeware antivirus programs out there that are definetly at least as efficient as Norton.Who'd want an onboard graphics card, any higher end branded computer has its own standalone graphics card; just as any lower end assembled computer could have an onboard graphics card (its quite a bit cheaper)

Assembled...probably because, you can build practically the same equipment as a branded one for cheaper..if you get all the parts from a warehouse..you get themfor like 20% cheaper B)..plus if you want certain specifics on a pc but a branded one has all you want ..except from one thing..you have exactly what you want.

I built my own, just because I wanted the experience, and I wanted to be able to tell people that I built my computer. Building my own computer also gave me satisfaction, and I was able to pick everything that went into it! It was built to my specifications, not what some company gives me.

If you know how to build one then you will most possibly build but if you are very busy man with lots of money then it will be the other way around.For me I always assemble one either for me or for my friends, you have the freedom to choose what components to use which at the same time saves you some money on it. Not to mention the update on your knowledge.

My local shop assembled it. But my friend, on the other hand. Bought a branded one since he don't believe in the local shop(No matter how hard I convinced them)For free Anti-virus, I recommend avast! Home Edition. It's really good, which I believe to be alot better than Norton which has subsribtion fee.

I have four computers in my flat. All are assembled. Assembled computers have a lot of advantages over branded ones. I can choose every component myself, from the transformer to the CL2 RAM. Computers from those major companies don?t offer such options. You may not choose the motherboard, which is one of the major factors affecting the performance of computers from them and even they let you choose the RAM size, you my not choose the RAM latency. Those computers are also often limited in expansion options. There may be only two DIMM slots and you may find that you can?t add RAM to the computers later. You may not choose the DVD burner, of which quality varies horribly from brand to brand, say a good Pioneer burner vs a bad LG burner. There are no specifications as to what LCD monitors they offer. It may be a 450:1, 12ms inferior model. To sum up, everything built in branded computers are second-rated. Why should I buy a branded one then?

If you all the computer components technically, and wanted to have your style of specification, you definately will prefer custom-built computers. Because they can suit exactly what you need.. Builders should also know the electronic pins and plugs to all components, the various voltages and also know the different types of motherboards and their compatible processors.. I suggest to do this if you are a geek..Else, call up a company to build your own style of PC. Dell is a good brand for its quality and after-sales services and their products are always among the latest of all other computer makers. You can also customise to your needs at Dell, or order their standard sets of computers.For me, I'll go for branded PC because it gives me support and warranty to faulty devices, and they are sure to work. Self-customised PC might risk failure of working and does not have enough support. Everything is self-troubleshoot and self-maintained. As what I've said earlier, probably a geek can handle it...

Assembled.First i built for me. Then i built for others!It's fun. I mean i din't do it for business, i just took their money and got them the best things money could buy at a discount! B) In India, i know that everyday, the assembled PC market is like circuitcity/walmart(etc) on thanksgiving! it's crowded. you just gotta find the best deal.

I prefer assembled PCs too. Mainly because it's easier to upgrade to newer components. And I like building them too.I used to work in a computer shop where I was a technician. I had to diagnose problems and then fix them, assembling PCs and assisting customers to solve their problems. But What I liked most was assembling new PCs. It's really fun. B)

I like building my PC myself. I don't often see a branded computer built to the exact specifications I want, but if there is then I will save myself some time and buy it. If I don't see one that has exactly what I want then I just build the computer myself. They both cost pretty much the same so either is fine for me.

I prefer Assembled PCs rather than Branded PCs. When we are assembling the PC we can choose the best of all components and make our rig better than the Branded PCs.My Assembled rig is better than the Desktop PCs offered by Dell and IBM. So far no Branded PC company has started poviding PCs with my configuration.

I've always gone for the home crafted assembled by me computers. I find it's more rewarding to create a custom system that in many cases works better than branded pc's. If your on a budget you can increase this while decreasing that and so on, while most braded pc's will give you a computer in different classes like "high performance", "business"; So it's either high end or low end, which doesn't work for me :huh: