xisto Community
franklinweb

what is Content Management System What kind of CMS do you like?

The good thing about CMS is that is gives new coders or just designers the chance to learn the game. They learn how to manage :-) content easily and quickly. And it takes newbies off our backs.. The professionals. Or not really cos I might still be a newbie, but it's pretty confusing. It's all good when you can use a cms and make a good site, but don't start calling yourself a pro and patting yourself on the back just yet.. It's doesn't make you a coder.. maybe a webmaster, but no coder.

Does anyone know anything about or ever use SEO-CMS? At their website there really isn't much info and absolutely no templates come with the sourceforge download. At least one template would really be beneficial to learn from! I have not been able to figure it out. It looks like a promising CMS but, as I cannot make it work, I cannot be for certain.

Edited by True2Earn (see edit history)

Does anyone know anything about or ever use SEO-CMS? At their website there really isn't much info and absolutely no templates come with the sourceforge download. At least one template would really be beneficial to learn from! I have not been able to figure it out. It looks like a promising CMS but, as I cannot make it work, I cannot be for certain.

The name of it implies that it is Search Engine Optimized (Friendly) CMS. The webbsite says - dude, we made what we could to make it SEO, but we completely forgot about templating and visual design capabilities of our CMS.

Basicaly - some features of CMS were sacrified against SEO

I use CMS Made Simple. Its not to in depth, but allows for alot more hand coded pages. It really acts as a content MANGEMENT system and not a Content WYSIWYG Editor. :) My only issue with it is templates. There are none to download, but it seems simple HTML and CSS to edit it, though I havn't tried it yet.

http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/

And ofcourse Wordpress gets the job done.

Edited by barnes (see edit history)

I use CMS Made Simple. Its not to in depth, but allows for alot more hand coded pages. It really acts as a content MANGEMENT system and not a Content WYSIWYG Editor. :) My only issue with it is templates. There are none to download, but it seems simple HTML and CSS to edit it, though I havn't tried it yet.

http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/

And ofcourse Wordpress gets the job done.

I also have CMS Made Simple running on my site - it's not that simple, but it's eficient in many areas. See my topic over at http://forums.xisto.com/topic/36520-cms-made-simple-a-weird-experience-for-this-mambo-user/= for more on my view.

I've just been looking at CMS Made Simple in more depth today and it's looking pretty good. Needed to swap TinyMCE for FCKeditorX though because FCKeditorX takes ages to load up properly.

I ratjer skin my own template using Adobe photoshop. These seem more for the lazy ppl, but they do get complicated on installation etc. I do beleive php-nuke is the best one.