xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mysterio

Sun, The Center Of Our Solar System. How long will the Sun last ?

I dont know if you know this but this envolves planets. Sometimes scietiist watch planets get hit by metors bigger or very big compared to the planets and they would explode into a million pieces. But what scientist has been watching is that this pieces go back into a planet and fit perfect. Looks like it never got touch even tho if you go to there land after it looks like hundreds of Atomis Bombs went off. But planets gravity keeps it together.Now like some people mention 5 Billion Years right now we probably will be so advance we wont be touch or we would be gone or something. Who knows. If you have not heard we all ready plan for colonies on the moon in 2018! If this happens means we can go anywhere. Also scientiest are wondering Venus simlar to Earth back in the begining days. Also same size. It is believe the Earth changed by plants and such changig the atmosphere and the evnoirment. So Scientist plan to one day put life there and it might take a billion years but to make it so one day Venus might become the next earth. Then Mars we know has Water now froozen deep in the ground. Even tho the planet is extremly hot. That planet might have been once hosting life we dont know.So who knows.

picture this - after about 500 years from today, earth would have used up all it's enery resources. We would even landed on moon and the other nearby planets and withing the next 1500 years we would have used them up as well. The next target would be the sun! piece by piece the human race woudl eat away on the sun's energy!5billion years down the line, the sun won't have much in it to expand and gulp all of us B) he he!

It seems to me that colonization of Venus would be a step in the wrong direction (Mars would be best if we were trying to "escape the heat" so to speak). Besides, Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system (it's dense, toxic clouds trap in heat, so it's actually hotter than Mercury). It would be much easier to colonize Mars than Venus, even if venus is about the same size as Earth.

I'm 100% percent sure that we won't be there to see it (I mean people in general). Space is, as you probably heard, very BIG. And humans will live somewhere else before Sun runs out. But where, we don't know yet, and we dont bother too much, since there is still a lot of time before that happens. If I could get frezed right now, and melted 5 billion years latter, I would do that.Unfortunately, I can't B)

Nice little topic there B) But you said this is what will happen in 5 billion years, so really thats long enough for most people to not care, well especially me B) by that time we will have been and gone and so will many of our family down the line but it would be cool if that did actually happen B)

My high school teacher gave us a scientific reason about how the dinosaurs died and it all starts with an asteroid blasting itself into our atmosphere and creating a huge dust cloud all around the Earth causing 75% of all of the Earth's living creatures to die out. Not to mention aren't there ice ages coming up? The whole world would freeze up. What if global warming was just meant to happen? What if all this was the work of mother nature? We all know that as the sun gets older it gets brighter so what if by the time the 5 billion years are over, the world would be 100 see?If the scientists are interested in leaving and saving humankind they'll have to go much further into the universe, away from our galaxy, our solar system. Or would it be as simple as facing whatever is coming?

I think this is a nice story, but it doesn't matter to us and our problems not even a little bit. It does not matter if the world ends tomorrow or in a million years. What really matters is the way you see these constant changes. Just look at yourself when you were 10 years younger - is that really you? We all change and not just every year but also every second. The world around us also changes - just look at the change of winter, spring, summer, autumn and again winter. So we see that the world is more than just a change, it is also a constant circle! We are born, we live, we die and we are born again and so on just like the winter comes after autumn and again summer comes after spring. Night comes after day and day comes after night - it is the same with our lives (why would it be different if we are a part of this world?): we are born (day) and we die (night) but then we are born again (day)...and so on and so on!What I am trying to say here is, that if the world ends, it will not end this constant circle - it will be just another change, but we, with all our problems, which we carry on after this human life into death (night) and again into life, will still exist and not a single one of those problems will end with the "end of the world" - we'll just have one more problem :D And the solution in my opinion: Think about yourself, how certain can you be that you will survive another day in this human form??? You cannot be sure! It is also true that everything changes. It is also true that these changes bring you unhappiness, because you loose your loved ones, your loved objects, you get older and death is nearing, vacation ends, you cat dies, your favorite trip to himalaya ends, and so on...So we should focus on how to end this unhappiness! We can only do that by realizing that these changes happen and START NOT TO EXPECT THAT THEY WON'T HAPPEN! Because that is exactly what we do and that is exactly what makes us unhappy :D All our problems come from this little fact - we want things to be different than they are. If we except them - where it the problem now? :P Yes, correct - there is no problem anymore and we can be happy and enjoy the moment, being greatful for everything we get!> "Yeah, but that is difficult to achieve!" I sure agree with that, but it is the only way we can really be happy, because problems will always be here with us! What matters is how we percieve them!End of the sun? Does it really matter after what I've said..?

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)

sun wont last long for more than billion yearsSun, The Center Of Our Solar System.My teacher says according to the scientist that the sun wont last for more than billion years.That tells that probably the whole universe are gonna die.My dad said that the scientist will make an artificial sun for us so that the universe will still have energy and it wont die thank God for that if that might happen probably.All this years we have enjoyed exposing on the sun andThis told us that the sun wont last for more than billion years! What a news! But all of us are dead already we people don't last long forever. WE REALLY NEED PRAYERS SO THAT THEY COULD MAKE AN ARTIFICIAL SUN IN THE FUTURE!You should also think that maybe the earth would die first before the sun because of polluton,Global warming, and no fresh air. PRAYERS ARE REALLY REALLY NEEDED!-reply by chelsea

May I add that studies have shown that the Sun [sol] is roughly around 4.5 Billion Years Old. Our Universe is roughly 14.5 Billion years old. My physics teacher has said that according to studies on other suns in the Milky Way galaxy that are of similar size to our sun show that our sun has lived roughly half its life. So this means that the sun has another 5.5 billion years to go. So by that time life may still exist or it may not.

You should also think that maybe the earth would die first before the sun because of polluton, Global warming, and no fresh air

The thing about that is that global warming is a myth. A period like the one we are experiencing now, with hot temperatures and frequent global disasters has happened before.

It happened in the Medieval times, this was called the Medieval Warm Period. This happened around 1000 years ago, and had the same effects that we experience now.

The after this occurred the Earth went through a Little Ice Age, which was separated by warm periods. This Little Ice Age was just a winter that occurred in places that don't actually get a cold winter.

So there is nothing to fear about this Global Warming phase, nothing dramatic will happen. :) And if anything dramatic does happen, eg. Uncontrollable storms, etc. Then people will know what to do in these situations. I'll give this warm period another 200 years of similar climates from today, then a mini cold period and then back to normal.

Read an interesting article regarding sun and earth. According to the article, there will be a solar flare in every 20 years. The next one, it will be at 2012. When a solar flare occurs, the sun will throw out fire ball and wave of electronic magnetic field. If the field has the polarity of north, it will reflect off the earth without causing much harm. But should it have the polarity of south, then earth will be in chaos. The wave from sun, it has the "power" to mess up entire earth's field. The damage, it will causing a surge in current in the power transformer. The surge is so strong that the transformer will be melted. As you know, transformer could not be easily build and making one will take a year. So the likely case of the whole in black out is real. And without electricity, crops could not be process. Water will not be pump to house. We will have a wide spread hunger and thirst. Millions will die from it.Sound like some soothsayer prediction? Well, this article is a finding from NASA.

Oh my god very interesting... if that information is true then the sun only has 157788000000000000000000 nanoseconds left D:I really wonder if human race will live long enough to see the end of the sun... but bleh, we will probably destroy ourselves before that happens

Oh my god very interesting... if that information is true then the sun only has 157788000000000000000000 nanoseconds left D:I really wonder if human race will live long enough to see the end of the sun... but bleh, we will probably destroy ourselves before that happens

Take you a while to work that out. LOL

Personally I think the human race will survive. Representation of Sci-Fi in current society is the new future.

The scene you've described is the perfect example of what is known as a "Super Nova" in astronomical terms. That's when gaseous bodies like the sun reach their fusion limit and explode into a massive white sphere for a short duration, unleashing a huge electromagnetic storm into the surrounding galaxy.
In actuality, a Super Nova isn't the explosion of a dying star.. instead, all the while it was dying, the core of the gaseous body gradually got transformed into heavier and heavier metals and this gradually extends out to quite a big diameter - like a ball of solid metal. Once the fusion limit is reached - all the superheated gaseous molecules that had flown far off during the fusion reaction, come rushing back towards the core (as the reaction there has stopped and there's no more heat driving them outward).. an immense storm of such gaseous particle come rushing in only to be rebounded back the infinitely dense and solid core.. This rebound action spreads these particles way further than they'd travelled during the normal fusion of the core.. this outward storm is what appears as Super Nova.

The next step following this is to implode (the opposite of explode) where the whole scattered mass starts to fall back onto itself giving rise to a zone of infinite gravitational pull. For a short while the sub will exist as a body named Pulsar, which rotates just like the sun does, and keeps on emitting X-rays at regular intervals. These can be detected in far-off galaxies as of now.. the pulsating emission gives rise to the name Pulsar.

The final step after Pulsar is a singularity we commonly know as a Black Hole.

Such events are occuring at tandem given any moment of time everywhere around us and if provided with suitable equipment, none are that difficult to observer (except, of course, the highly debated existence of black holes)...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought we were talking about our sun? Our sun isn't big enough to go to the Black Hole stage, because it's only a low-to-medium mass star. It's not even big enough for a Supernova. Instead, it will become a red giant, with its outer layer expanding and its core heating up. Then, helium fusion will begin, and it will go to its planetary nebula phase where it will shed its mass. After the mass is ejected, it will slowly cool and fade into a white dwarf. (This stellar evolution is typical for a low to medium mass star)