xisto Community
jack

How To Delete An Undeleatable File... on your computer

Those files are really annoying, especially big ones. I've had problems with video files that just doesn't seem to want to be deleted. But the thing is, I know nothing is using it because I have my Task Manager and there's nothing in the process tab that can be using it. Thanks jlhaslip, that thing works wonders.

Yeah man that's sooo irritating, Another similar thing: I have this program called advertisem probably an virus, but when I try to delete it (configuration/software) my pc just shuts down, and starts up again. Probably a virus but anyone maybe knows how to get rid of it without installing windows all over again???

Another option is booting from a live Linux CD.Most of the version can read (and write I hope) NTFS.It maybe protected in Windows , in linux is nothing protected , in linux the root account can delete everything.If you want to use this option watch out what you do !!!If your disk in FAT32 it will work with any version (distribution) , in NTFS you need one that can write on it.And your NTFS may not be protected in Windows or it won't work either.

Yeah it is a good trick, but just say you want to delete a file which is running, you cant do it the way you suggested. If for example 123.exe was running, go to Process manager and delete it.I had this virus once i couldnt delete it even using command prompt. So another way of doing this is:Pull out the harddrive, chuck it into your other* (friends) computer. And delete it using that comp. <_<

hey thanks man the killbox software is really usefull.. I tried it.. I wasn't able to delete one 105mb file and phew its gone now..

How do I get this "FREEZE" news or what ever it is off my computer?

How To Delete An Undeleatable File...

Please delete your self off my computer.

-reply by Julie l. Potts

undeleteable virus avi

How To Delete An Undeleatable File...

I have a problem with avi virus in my computer . Virus name is funny scandel .Avi . This virus nothing to install any software and unable to delete. Virus can not prfome to Taske manger and dos basse cmds . Those are also hindden in 3-5 seconds. Please tell me how to delete this virus.

-reply by Rabinder Singh

there are many ways to delete undeleted files.use program to force delete.restart computer to safe mode and delete (low probability to delete)boot computer to pure DOS mode to delete.

I would suggest using BartPE, Active disk, or my favorite vista pe, boot up your computer and move the file to a jumpdrive or burn to cd, or if your sure then just delete it... you can also build a vista pe with antivirus of your choce build in for scanning your computer... This method is my favorite because i dont have to install anything to fix anything