xisto Community
jack

How To Delete An Undeleatable File... on your computer

The ways told in this thread are all applicable to the files that are in use and can't be deleted that moment...I would prefer the dos boot method...boot in dos and delete the file.

Deleting for ever

Here is something I would like to tell there are some files that you want to be deleted permanently and u want no one to recover them....then u can use the tune up utilities shredder features which deletes the file such that it can't be recovered by any means.

Recovering files deleted from Recycle bin

Yes you can recover files which you accidently deleted from the Recycle bin too. Here also you can use the tune up utility feature which allows you to recover the lost files..just right click the recycle bin and click restore option.

help pleaseHow To Delete An Undeleatable File...

I have tried to download tuneup utilities which came free with kaspersky security but it did not give the option to enter the serial number and as a result it does not work so I tried to delete it but with no luck so I tried all the advice on this forum again no luck. I do not have much experience with computers so it may be something really simple I am missing but I'm getting frustrated I just want the file gone but dare not boot the computer trough fear of losing all my photos and videos and such like. Any ideas?

-reply by chris

If you want to delete the undeletable file you can use software Unlocker. It is very simple to use

and effective as well.

Also, it is a freeware and can delete or rename files that are currently in use.?

Give it a try!

Hopefully it will work for you!? ;):P

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

deletedr.exeHow To Delete An Undeleatable File...

deletedr.Exe definitely works on files that cannot be deleted even in dos. I accidentally downloaded a binary file that I cannot delete. Only deletedr.Exe deleted said file.

-reply by bebeto

There is the software called "FileASSASSIN" with the help of which can release locks on file and can delete file as well.

Hope this solves your problem. 

-reply by Vishal Chandnani

Why not just use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware? Theres an option to delete files that are undeletable. If not, just reboot your computer and delete after. Theres so many ways to delete an undeletable file on Windows. :P either way, it works so you don't need to have a fuss about it. :lol:

Hi, how about in usb? Because I have here in my usb the undeleteable file named, Notepad.Exe. Even if I format my usb still it keeps on coming back. I tried to delete it in command prompt and that Notepad.Exe is a hidden folder. I am a little bit confuse if it is a virus or what?

Thanks