xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Messenger Services Which one(s) do you use often?

Hey all!I know there's another thread comparing the Skype and MSN messenger services, but I thought I'd introduce the other IM services out there - ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, etc. and ask you which one(s) you use often and what features do you like overall in your IM program(s) of choice?

instead of answering your question. I'll ask another, why are you so interested in knowing what people use most often. What's the value in the knowledge. Nice that you point out that this thread has been posted over and over again.round

Hi thereI agree completely to what round has to offer. Instead of starting a new topic this could have been included in the thread. And then shigajet you have not even put any point across. Atleast you must have stated what messanger you are using. What are its pros and con. One point I differ is questioning the value of knowlege. Value of knowlege cannot be defined and calculated in set parameters. It has a broader meaning and span.A learning acquired may show the value over a period of time. This learning may help or guid someone to signup or change a service providerKnowlege Pool

Thanks for pointing that out. In my first post, I forgot to include my own experiences using an IM service. In the beginning I used ICQ, since it seemed that many friends of mine had an ICQ number. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the program, except with each new version that came out, it took up more space on my (old) PC. Still, it did the job. After a while I took a long hiatus from the messenger services until recently, when I heard about Skype and MSN Messenger from a few of my friends who are using it. So, slowly but surely, I'm getting back into using an IM service again, but I just want to narrow the choices down to two (at the most). Basically, if you had to choose an IM service, which would you recommend?

i use yahoo messenger because its fast I have dialup accountgmail and Msn messenger is not ver fast login but yahoo is ver fastYahoo has offline service but google and msn messenger dosent have thati think yahoo messenger has good interface but yahoo is ver popular and worms can speard in yahoo messenger very fast and easyMIRC is not secure ( DCC service must be off )its file transfer and worms speard with this servicesin msn and yahoo and irc and google and icq messenger google messenger is securebecuase its new and hasnot bugICQ Messenger has not good interface but has good pager i like icq pager its nice and fast and its good for programming

Well, I am pretty sure you knew there were plety of topics such like this one. And it is true: you should have added your own experiences on it. I use MSN Messenger. It is the most used msg service so far. All my friends and not so friends have an account with MSN. I use Yahoo, Googletalk and AIM but none of my buddies seem to be interested on getting an account overthere...Cheers!!! :lol:

I use MSN Messenger. Most of my friends do too. We find the interface very friendly and we link the style of the program, you never misss a message, it looks so cool, and there are loads of features that you don't get on other IMs. Although it did mean we had to sign up with hotmail first to use it, which totally blows.

i personnaly use yahoo messanger and find it pretty fast and user friendly. Now the new mssr has added voice feature to it.But use it as messanger only. MSN is bit slow as I have experienced and then there are certain features where yahoo has the edge. For eg offline messages, smilies etc.As far as skype goes I recommend it for its quality of voice and they least amount of hard disk space it consumes. I has used ICQ at and REDIFF (India) at certain point but never got hooked to them.I will always recoomend Yahoo as a messanger.

i have msn and yahoo, IMO they are the best to have yahoo first then msn cuz msn is still behind of cool features.AOL BLOWS AND YOU KNOW IT :lol:

I use msn messenger the most. I use aim too because most of my friends at school have that. It really doesn't matter to me. I don't like yahoo though. Msn is the best in my opinion. Lots of features, winks, now the voice winks, games, etc;

MSN around the clock, being someone who travels to places and meets new people, i can't be in the one spot to talk to someone who is a country away from someone else.MSN Messenger puts me in that only one spot that i can do that. I mean i can sit here, post in the Xisto forums, and also be talking on MSN. Im Multi Tasking, and im male!! B)B)

I use msn, icq, yahoo, aim the main reason is that some friends of me refuse to install msn or already had a big friends list with the other servers.To make sure I dont have to open 4 different clients I use Gaim in what I can connect to all servers in one program and use tabs to switch between conversations.

I used to use MSN Messenger but it froze (alot, probably still does I wouldn't know) tried Yahoo! Messenger, it was ok for a while then the novalty wore off an I reaslised what a massive piece of bloatware it was (as with MSN Messenger) tried Trillian (don't want to talk about it, it was that bad) currently its Google Talk, ok so it may be light on features , but its called Google Talk not Google Bloat, or Google look at me isn't this such a cool feature I ripped straight from Yahoo! Messenger (winks Microsofts way) about to try AIM, hope its not as bloated as MSN and Yahoo! Messenger. and Skype to I use that for voip as I find it sounds better than the Google Talk voip service and it allows for conference calls. In short I (currently) prefer Google Talk because it simply Talks (oh and it won't bombard me with ads (yet).