xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sarka

Mario Kart Ds

I havn't seen a topic yet and this is the DS's first big name DS game (bar Mario 64DS, and if you class Castlevania or Advance Wars as big name titles... I don't though, as they don't really sell hundreds and thousands of systems).Who's getting it? I have pre-ordered for the UK realese (Nov 25th) and I believe it come out ion the US on Friday, you lucky Yanks.

I'm getting it Friday, honestly, this game is gonna rawk. IT's got 12 drivers, each with 3 karts (which you can later use with any other driver, that's 36 cars) and 32 tracks, 16 from old games, 16 new. It's got download play and online, up to 4 people can play online, 8 locally. I'm excited about online, in the older Mario Karts the comps got easy after a while. The touch screen is used as a radar that also displays items, bananas tc. There are 2 new weapons and alsop a brand new mission mode that requires you to completee certain objectives while racing ex. puell 8 powerslides. Theres' so much new stuff, this is gonna be great!

Yea um Ive played it against a few of my friends using the um game sharing I guess is what it is called and I suck at it, only won one out of about 20games. But fyi for those wanting it its pretty good game, its better than the one for the n64, some new levels and old ones. As for me I'll stick to my psp, the only good thing sony has.

I thought Mario Kart DS was brilliant. My sister got it for her DS (I need one too :)) and I've been seriously leeching it off her. The great thing about it is the pick up and play nature, it's relatively easy to start, but it still remains challenging for a long time unless you resort to excessive powersliding, i.e. snaking.

The range of courses is great too, with half new, half old from all the old Mario Kart games. For me, I've played a lot of the N64 version, and it's really good to see some of the old tracks back. Oh and the multiplayer features are just awesome, sure its a bit bareboned, but it works like a charm in my opinion.

As for me I'll stick to my psp, the only good thing sony has.

How so? In terms of sales the DS is far outperforming it, and so far gamewise the PSP has only had a handful of decent titles, whilst the whole UMD movie thing has proved almost a total flop. I would much rather go with Sony for my home console needs, and Nintendo for portable ;)

i have to admit when it comes to video games i am definately old school.......nothing is better than turning on the origional nintendo to play games such as duck hunt, and super mario brothers!!!So if u havent guessed already i think that Mario kart 64 is the best of the 2.Newer video games have great graphics and all but nothing compete with the original

Kinds of remind me of the old days on N64. It's good to hear that this is still around, not much has change but just a update of the lvels. Newer games indeed may be more flashy graphicswise, but in a fair amount cases, sequels or follow-ups don't usually live up to the hype of the original incarnation.